Sign in to follow this  
primeh@hotmail.co.uk

Time Zones

hi just a quick question, ive been joining alot of servers which are gmt-4 to gmt-7 and they dont seem to be showing the correct light/time in game. Is this because they need the server to change the time after a new patch or something ?

I know its not a biggie and i can just change servers til i get one at the correct time for me but just wondered if anyone could answer

cheers in advance

The server might be running on a time other than with the title suggests. Sometimes, a server that is traditionally on one time zone will be shut down and restarted on a different zone in order to preserve daytime/nighttime without changing the label for the server.

I have also heard of a server lagging in its time tracking, like a slow watch, so if a server has been online a long time, it could end up being several hours behind or ahead. This is why most servers restart every 6-12 hours, that and for stability reasons.

However, they should have the time displayed in the label, but I doubt it's a serious enough infraction for anyone to do much about it.

Edited by Dingus

This is my one major gripe with this game. Not knowing whether it's going to be day or night when you spawn in. I work 3 to 11's so I pretty much only play at night, and sometimes it's day, sometimes it's night. This is on servers in the same time zone as me. I'd just like there to be a way of knowing BEFORE I log in whether It's going to be day or night.

I'm not sure which program you use to launch your game, but when I use Dayz commander each server has a time of day on it and they are almost always correct. You can also filter for day/night only if you want, hope this helps :)

• Like 2

arr cheers mega, im currently using the six launcher, but will definately try commander tonight, i guess loading onto the same server from both launchers tell me if one is wrong, thanks dude

I'm not sure which program you use to launch your game, but when I use Dayz commander each server has a time of day on it and they are almost always correct. You can also filter for day/night only if you want, hope this helps :)

Awesome. Thanks. Ride the Tiger.

• Like 1

Awesome. Thanks. Ride the Tiger.

You can see his stripes but ya know he's clean, oh don't ya seeee what i meeean