Sign in to follow this  
mezeberelk

Loot server related? or a bug.......

I play DayZ for a couple of days now and played on several servers. I play on dutch and luxenburg servers mostly because of the good connection. On these servers (NL18,LU91 etc.) its hard to find loot but you find enough to survive but when I play on NL11 it is easy to find specific items like weapons,ammo,soda's and canned food but it is pretty hard to find items like a hunting knife, hatchet, maps etc. When I play on NL114 its it very very hard to find items, I died a lot of times because I did not find food and water, guns are hard to find and ammo even harder. The only thing you find a lot are hatchets, on this server I found 8 to 12 of them in 45 min. Also on this server lot of the buildings are empty, the super market in Polana was completely empty, not even empty cans!!

Now my question is: is loot server related or are servers like NL114 bugged??

Well me and my friend tryed to loot the NE airfield. No zombies or loot poped up.

Loot drops are unique to each server; it could be that the servers were you're not finding loot do not reboot often enough in order to refresh all the loot. Alternatively, it could also be because all loot within ~50m of where a player logs in is despawned for 10 minutes. Try traveling a bit farther from where you log in.