Sign in to follow this  
Draco122

Weapon Suggestion Thread

Making this thread up as a singluar thread that everyone can post their weaponry suggestions to avoid making duplicate threads. I'd ask if a mod could sticky/pin this to avoid potential thread spammage of new weapon suggestions.

Here's some weapons I'd love to see added:

Melee

• Iron Pipe

• Baseball Bat

• Hunting Knife (Weapon) - On hit, instantly causes players to bleed but extremely weak damage. Damage compares to Makarov PM.

• Machete - Like a weaker version of the Hatchet, doesn't break bones, causes bleeding takes a few hits to kill unless a hit to the head.

• Wooden Stick - A weapon that can be found on beaches and coastlines as a usuable early game weapon. But is extremely weak, similar to Crowbar.

• Broken Rifle - A Rifle that is broken beyond repair but can still be used as a club.

Sidearm

• Browning Hi Power - .9x19mm Handgun with a 13 round capacity, takes new Hi-Power Mags.

• CZ-75b - .9x19mm Handgun with a 15 round capacity, eastern european counter-part to the American M9.

• CZ-97B - .45 ACP handgun with a 10 round magazine capacity

Shotgun

• Sawn Off Shotgun - Double barrel MR43 with its stock and barrels sawn off. More compact and lightweight (takes less inventory space in the backpack) but has more recoil.

• Hunting Shotgun (Winchester 1300) - Pump action shotgun with a 5 round capacity. Long barrel length (equivelant to M1014) ensures tight spread and good range but difficult usuage in close quarters.

• Saiga shotgun - Magazine fed shotgun with an 8 round capacity. Semi-Auto, russian equivelant to NATO M1014

SMG

• Vz.61 Skorpion - Takes Makarov Mags or new "Skorpion" Mags, holds 20 rounds, can switch between Semi and Full Auto

Rifle

• Mosin Nagant - Bolt Action rifle, takes new Nagant Rounds or an SVD magazine can be converted into two clips worth of ammo. Russian Equivelant to Lee Enfield.

• Simonov SKS - Semi-Automatic rifle that uses AKM rounds. Uses SKS "Clips" or an AKM magazine can be converted into three clips worth. Carries 10 rounds.

Explosive

• Grenade Launcher - Standalone 40mm Grenade Launcher used as a emergency signal flare gun. Takes primary slot and uses 40mm Grenades, Smoke and Flares.

• RPG-7 - Re-usable russian Rocket Launcher, one of the extremely rare weapons. Can use both anti-tank and Anti-personnel rounds, if they can be found.

Misc

• Nail Gun - Uses Nails as ammunition, extremely weak weapon. Carries 50 shots, takes pistol slot.

• Molotov Cocktail/Petrol Bomb - Creates a large blaze of fire once thrown and damages all those within constantly.

• Rock/Brick/Bottle/Can - Using various debris as weapons by inflicting various stages of damage depending on what type. For example, Cans don't do any damage when thrown, bottles do light damage and Bricks and Rocks do moderate to serious damage (broken bones if they hit the leg for example)

• Harpoon Gun - Found at Ports or Docks. Uses Crossbow Bolts as ammunition,

Edited by Draco122
  • Like 3

Instead of the hunting knife weponized, i'd like to see a Kabar!! A rare drop AA12 would be sweet too.

I would absolutely love to see some hunting handguns. The Taurus Raging Bull .454 Casull or one of those single shot bolt action pistols that fire rifle rounds.

Personally I'd like to see a lot more melee weapons like you suggest but regarding guns and other gear, just a few pistols, couple of shotguns and maybe 1 hunting rifle.

No military gear or camo clothing or hvg's or anything like that.

That would really intensify the whole situation I think and make it more realistic.

Instead of finding military gear at the airbases you might find medical gear, trucks and maybe a gps.

If the majority of people were running around with melee weapons and guns in general were a lot harder to find it would change the dynamic for the better imo.

Just my 2 cents though :)

Edited by MarcuS_IRL

I think I would like more improvised weapons like the molotov, at the moment I seem to find a whole lot of grenades which are good but combined with all the empty tin cans and a bit of string they would be better, or even booby trapped backpack/body. I think if there were more melee weapons there would be less murder and even a weapon with no ammo would become a solid psychological advantage to any foe who only has an iron pipe, until they hear a click.

Totally agree about the hunting knife being a weapon. Starting from scratch again It was the first thing I found yesterday (yes, before I found an axe) and it made little sense that it couldn't be used as weapon since I was unarmed at the time.

i just want a 1/10 chance of starting with a civilian firearm I think that's fair. I personally have an armory, complete with well a lot of things i won't admit to, but i realize not everyone does. However, a large chunk of the population of the earth is armed, roughly 1/10, so i think its fair that we should get SOMETHING to defend ourselves with off the bat. I mean in ten seconds i could in real life have my hands on maps, a compass, a box of matches, a kind of half assed tool kit, two rifles, a shotgun, and an assortment of ammunition of different sizes and properties, knives, soda, beans, yes beans, meat, or assorted military gear (packs pole-less litter, its for carrying a wounded person, boots, camis+paint) anyway you get the idea. I'm Fucking ready. but I'm not asking for all that. Just a starting weapon 10 percent of the time.

So my weapon I vote for should be a .22 rifle or very non-descript pistol of some sort. Hell give me a pump action bb gun that I can pump like 40 times.

Oh and who here over the age of 18 DOESN'T have a car? That's a different topic though.

Edited by Beyd1

Well I take it you are from the US? :)

The US is the most heavily armed nation on Earth with an average of 90 guns per 100 people.

If you were talking about Ireland or the UK it would be a different story.

The Uk has around 6 guns per 100 people and Ireland has far less than that.

So if the Zombie apocalypse happened over here you'd more than likely be armed with a piece of driftwood if you washed up on the shore and had to fend off zombies :D

Edited by MarcuS_IRL

It would be nice to have a low caliber shotgun, say .410, that would just cause severe pain, unconsciousness, and minor bleeding. Just to stop a player but not kill them. And as a melee weapon perhaps a sledgehammer? I think maybe they should add some small caliber weapons like a .22 pistol or rife too maybe. Just my opinion. And some cool weapons such as the Taurus Judge, and Taurus Circuit Judge, that can fire two types of ammunition (.45LC and .410 Shotgun Shells).

guys gotta be realistic... still a mod look at ARMA II, OA, BAF, PMC, CZ MAYBE ACE for your list of what can be added

M110, SCAR/Mk series weapons, M16A4 AIM, M4 With ACOG/203, AKS GOLD XD, G36/M8 series, M40A3, STINGER/strela (For when helos come back), rpk, rpg18,

Take hints from ACE and allow us to deploy static weapons like M2 dishka etc... and allow us to set the weapon on a wall/hood to reduce recoil :)

Well I take it you are from the US? :)

The US is the most heavily armed nation on Earth with an average of 90 guns per 100 people.

If you were talking about Ireland or the UK it would be a different story.

The Uk has around 6 guns per 100 people and Ireland has far less than that.

So if the Zombie apocalypse happened over here you'd more than likely be armed with a piece of driftwood if you washed up on the shore and had to fend off zombies :D

Even the driftwood is good my whole post is to the point that there is no matter where i am there is something nearby that can be used as a weapon to at least defend yourself. Gimme a starting axe!

Your weapons list: EXCLLENT

I kinda wanna see some 22. cal weapons. after all it is the most readily availible amunition ON EARTH

Petrol Bombs +1

The nailgun and harpoon gun are stupid weapons, the rest I have no issues with

What I want to see is everything (maybe not the anti-tank rifles lol) from world.guns.ru in the game. Would be sweet ^_^

Edited by KnT47r