jaggardos

Friends System

cba to look if this has been suggested before, but yeah.

Im sure in the real world you would IMMEDIATELY recognise your friend when you see them, however, as arma2 has different faces etc, this can be difficult. There have been several situations where Ive been playing with mates, and some guy has come along, and ive asked on ts, "Is anyone over by the X, doing X" and before anyones answered, Im dead.

Anything, I dont care. A system where we can add player IDs (and after acceptance ofc) and have something like the green diamond square thing like they have in arma vanilla perhaps.

You cant say this is unrealistic really. Just a suitable alternative.

• Like 4

This isn't a game for carebears.

[i have been warned for this post - Ubi]

Edited by UbiquitousBadGuy

This isn't a game for carebears.

You forgot to say "go back to COD".

You forgot to say "go back to COD".

Ignore him. He's just a troll.

I've always wanted a system where I could have some identification on friends or people I've met recently. People recognize facial features and body-types in real life but this is limited in Arma2/DayZ.

An arbitrary (but elegant) system for player identification would allow us to differentiate between the countless survivor clone models and be able to form better relationships with people in game.

Also, reduce friendly-fire incidents.

• Like 2

Thats why I think there should be an option to add friends. You go near a person, sroll the menu to add the fried. He has to accept.

AFter that you can access his backback, see a icon or smth above his head and see him on the map (with gps equipped?)

A global chat with your group should be allowed too (with radios equipped? )

• Like 3

I think this needs to be approached from another angle, give us more options for skins/models so that people can visibly recognize each other.

3d markers have no place in DayZ.

I think this needs to be approached from another angle, give us more options for skins/models so that people can visibly recognize each other.

You can make custom faces but it doesnt help

But a map 3d marker is ok for you ?

Partying and the alike is already on the to-do list. While I understand that for some this feature just can't come out soon enough, it really is on the to-do list, with no useful ETA or definitive info, but it's certainly something that is brought up more than often.

• Like 2

Partying and the alike is already on the to-do list. While I understand that for some this feature just can't come out soon enough, it really is on the to-do list, with no useful ETA or definitive info, but it's certainly something that is brought up more than often.

I thought it might be :P good to hear :D

for now you can use Custom Face, I dont know if it will work with DayZ but you can try...

I will check it soon.

http://www.ofpec.com/faces/index.php?action=list&game=ArmA&page=0

download one from here, rename it to face.jpg and put it into: My documents/Arma 2 (make sure its the folder with Profile file inside it)

then in game go to profile > face > Custom face.

Edited by DooM4MR

for now you can use Custom Face, I dont know if it will work with DayZ but you can try...

I will check it soon.

it works, already tried. Dones bring much coz its hard to see in the distance. Plus not all server allow for it.

well at least something...

I think its size should be less then 100kb to work on every server

well at least something...

I think its size should be less then 100kb to work on every server

Nah, some server restrict the size to 0 bytes.

And I was just about creating custom face for my survivor :(

Edited by DooM4MR

And I was just about creating custom face for my survivor :(

It workds on the MAJORITY of servers. Its just SOME server require the size to be 0B

Here's an idea.... make a players face 'shadowy', especially at a distance, until you have physically been around them more in game. As you spend more time 'grouped' with them, you begin to learn how they walk, carry their pack, gear, weapons, etc. Then your able to 'recognize' them easier at a distance due to their personal manerisms, etc.

Here's an idea.... make a players face 'shadowy', especially at a distance, until you have physically been around them more in game. As you spend more time 'grouped' with them, you begin to learn how they walk, carry their pack, gear, weapons, etc. Then your able to 'recognize' them easier at a distance due to their personal manerisms, etc.

Ok, list 500k differently recognisable walks.

But a map 3d marker is ok for you ?

Obviously not. When someone says "3d markers have no place in DayZ" is it not clear how they feel about ALL 3d markers?

Why do you ask?

I think by adding a command like "create party" would be great. Above each head in party will appear the name. It would be a lot easier to identify my friends. The only difference between my friends are the weapons and in combat i don't have always time for looking at their weapon to warn them..