alienxxi

People with helicopters

LOL I was just killed by someone flying a helicopter. They are flying up and down the coast killing all the new players that spawn into the game. I really do hope there are RPGs in the game to deal with the helicopter spawn camping.

I have found AT4's before. Problem is you need 6 slots for a rocket even though real life one is single fire, no reload.

And gunning down newly spawned people is just low.

I have found AT4's before. Problem is you need 6 slots for a rocket even though real life one is single fire' date=' no reload.

And gunning down newly spawned people is just low.

[/quote']

Yup, I spawned at the light house between Cherno and Electro and there was a helicopter flying towards me. Next thing I know I hear gunshots and I'm dead. I respawned again about 1 click from last spot I died, there was the helicopter again and got me again. (Mind you it took me about 10 minutes to load back into the game because of waiting for server crap) so he had plenty of time to fly from coast to coast.

On ANZ1 I kill newly spawned players using helicopters, but not with guns. I get a hoard of zombies, and then hover over the player I wish to kill. If you want me to kill normal players (ones that have been alive for some time), I can do the same thing over the NW airfield if you wish, but for newly spawned players it isn't such an issue.

that's a fairly expensive passtime tho considering the fuel requirements

Not really. If there is more than one player, you collect several jerry cans and fill them. Once gas is low, stop at a gas station and refill the tanks. Finding gas stations is pretty easy from a helicopter perspective.

On ANZ1 I kill newly spawned players using helicopters' date=' but not with guns. I get a hoard of zombies, and then hover over the player I wish to kill. If you want me to kill normal players (ones that have been alive for some time), I can do the same thing over the NW airfield if you wish, but for newly spawned players it isn't such an issue.

[/quote']

Just wondering. Why do you find it fun to kill people who simply respawned into the game? Do you have any idea how long it takes to get through waiting for server response? Unless you found a server that is really fast, which in my experience so far that is rare, it takes like 10 to 20 minutes to load another character. I wouldn't mind getting killed like that if the waiting for server and waiting for character request wasn't so horribly slow.

On ANZ1 I kill newly spawned players using helicopters' date=' but not with guns. I get a hoard of zombies, and then hover over the player I wish to kill. If you want me to kill normal players (ones that have been alive for some time), I can do the same thing over the NW airfield if you wish, but for newly spawned players it isn't such an issue.

[/quote']

Just wondering. Why do you find it fun to kill people who simply respawned into the game? Do you have any idea how long it takes to get through waiting for server response? Unless you found a server that is really fast, which in my experience so far that is rare, it takes like 10 to 20 minutes to load another character. I wouldn't mind getting killed like that if the waiting for server and waiting for character request wasn't so horribly slow.

That response is probably why he does it.

This is pretty funny to be honest.

When my group get's a helicopter I will be sure to use the zombie horde attack on someone.

Not really. If there is more than one player' date=' you collect several jerry cans and fill them. Once gas is low, stop at a gas station and refill the tanks. Finding gas stations is pretty easy from a helicopter perspective.

[/quote']

Currently I fly the chopper by myself or with one other person. x50 fuel takes a good 20mins to fully fuel.

There are several really good out of the way gas stations and if yo got at least two people one can gun down zombies while the other refuels the JCs

[/quote']

It's known as griefing. Some folk get their kicks off of stepping on ants and those that can't fight back.

There are several really good out of the way gas stations and if yo got at least two people one can gun down zombies while the other refuels the JCs

You don't even need to land the chopper. Just hover over the gas station. At least that is how it works in other game mods.

[/quote']

It's known as griefing. Some folk get their kicks off of stepping on ants and those that can't fight back.

So what you're saying is, if they tried to fight someone equally skilled and well geared, they would puss out? Or in DayZ game mod case, they would ALT F4. So instead they step on baby ants. Gotcha.

[/quote']

But they can. A CZ550 does a tonne of damage. Hiding in a house/forest also saves you.

I would like to kill survivors all over the map, but 90% are by the shore/spawn points. They also bring it on themselves - example chat message 'hey a chopper over whoever is flying it can I plz have a ride?' Really?

Indeed, it is called griefing and any kind of griefing shouldn't be tolerated by admins and developers. Problem is, some very ill informed players think that griefing is part of a ''sandbox game''. Im pretty sure for the same people racism and verbal harassment is also ''OK''.

Children with a driving licence, good job society.

So what you're saying is' date=' if they tried to fight someone equally skilled and well geared, they would puss out? Or in DayZ game mod case, they would ALT F4. So instead they step on baby ants. Gotcha.

[/quote']

Alt F4 in a chopper would destroy the chopper. Why would I do that?

So deFRAGer, now we know who screwed around with the choppers at camp, hahaha. I'm telling papa-bear Ordeal on you!!!

So deFRAGer' date=' now we know who screwed around with the choppers at camp, hahaha. I'm telling papa-bear Ordeal on you!!!

[/quote']

This is on ANZ1 not ANZ2 Jord. Haven't touched the choppers on ANZ2.

Lets be honest here, if you were a gunner on a chopper and a pilot flew to the coast you would do it just like every other person would and you damn well know it.

Indeed' date=' it is called griefing and any kind of griefing shouldn't be tolerated by admins and developers. Problem is, some very ill informed players think that griefing is part of a ''sandbox game''. Im pretty sure for the same people racism and verbal harassment is also ''OK''.

[/quote']

Indeed' date=' it is called griefing and any kind of griefing shouldn't be tolerated by admins and developers. Problem is, some very ill informed players think that griefing is part of a ''sandbox game''. Im pretty sure for the same people racism and verbal harassment is also ''OK''.

[/quote']

umm you realize that the developers have said they are okay with anything the players do besides hacking and exploits

maybe the game isnt for you?

Lets be honest here' date=' if you were a gunner on a chopper and a pilot flew to the coast you would do it just like every other person would and you damn well know it.

Indeed, it is called griefing and any kind of griefing shouldn't be tolerated by admins and developers. Problem is, some very ill informed players think that griefing is part of a ''sandbox game''. Im pretty sure for the same people racism and verbal harassment is also ''OK''.

If they shoot at me, yes. If they are simply minding their own business, no.

It´s very easy to take down a helicopter with standard weapons like an AK.

Just shoot a few bullets at the tail rotor and the helicopter starts spinning around.

it works also with the main rotor, but you may need more bullets.

You can practise shooting the tail rotor with the editor.

It´s very easy to take down a helicopter with standard weapons like an AK.

Just shoot a few bullets at the tail rotor and the helicopter starts spinning around.

it works also with the main rotor' date=' but you may need more bullets.

You can practise shooting the tail rotor with the editor.

[/quote']

You don't start with an AK when you spawn a new character into the game.