Sign in to follow this  
philz

Bear Soldier as Companion

I am sure many of you don't know

Wojtek.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wojtek_%28soldier_bear%29

The idea of wild bears is allready out there, but maybe you can put in a new loot object, which should be a book.

The book is called: "How to train animals"

If you have this book in your inventory, wild bears are not going to attack you, and you can select them as a companion.

Wether they can fight for you or not should be discussed.

The main purpose I see is the bear to be a packhorse. Just with more style.

For example you could put up to four backpacks on him, and thus have a movable storage unit.

Just some ideas :)

What do you think?

I am sure many of you don't know

Wojtek.

http://en.wikipedia...._(soldier_bear)

The idea of wild bears is allready out there, but maybe you can put in a new loot object, which should be a book.

The book is called: "How to train animals"

If you have this book in your inventory, wild bears are not going to attack you, and you can select them as a companion.

Wether they can fight for you or not should be discussed.

The main purpose I see is the bear to be a packhorse. Just with more style.

For example you could put up to four backpacks on him, and thus have a movable storage unit.

Just some ideas :)

What do you think?

I think you will be Mauled And eaten the second you approach the bear.

I think you will be Mauled And eaten the second you approach the bear.

That is why you would need the new book in your inventory ;)

Agreeing with Gaidoon, considering I imagine any bears (if added) are going to be akin to RDR bears. :P

Safer if you stick one of these in instead:

Though I highly doubt that would happen - plus they are noisy as hell. Thinking of similar things in other games, maybe if you stuck a pack on a cow and you lead it round with you - would be like the Pack Brahmin from Fallout. I mean, at least the cow is already in the game.. don't know anything about coding though, so ..

Still, dogs are supposedly being added - and I know you can stick a small pack on dogs in reality - so maybe that could be a possible way to implement something along these lines..

Edited by BECKiEE

I can see this with perhaps dogs, but bears seems a little far fetched. Adding horses and other animals which have been domesticated and thus have a reasonable chance to be tamed by a normal person though would be a cool idea. Not the having a bear isn't cool, lol, just something about seeing someone walk down a road with a bear seems fit better in a medevil fantasy game than a zombie game.

of course, start with bears, and later move on to large scale beetles, followed by maybe horses, and possibly griffons, dragons, and throw in ogres and orcs in, we already have enough trolls....

Come on, this isnt an MMORPG. Would you like to opt for maybe having buses/grifons to drive/fly you around the map too, for some money or beans in exchange of course

I can see this with perhaps dogs, but bears seems a little far fetched. Adding horses and other animals which have been domesticated and thus have a reasonable chance to be tamed by a normal person though would be a cool idea. Not the having a bear isn't cool, lol, just something about seeing someone walk down a road with a bear seems fit better in a medevil fantasy game than a zombie game.

I see what your sayin. And I do think it is more realistic to say, that maybe rocket will implement a packhorse sometime.

But I read this articel on Wikipedia about the Soldie Bear and tought: Man that would be so damn fresh to have a bear as a companion :D