Just an idea.

Say you've lost 2k blood, Your blood would regain at 5 blood per 8 seconds, It'd take time, But your blood could refill, Main reason for this is, That way i dont have to whore out on food 24/7 so i can get full blood again.

• Like 2

Kill animal cook the meat eat it, 800 blood back which equals 4 cans of food

I don't know, in terms of realism, maybe yes, but that would make the game excessively easier.

I agree yea it's a realism thing to make blood in your body, but if someone losses a load of blood they will just go somewhere really dead lie there alt+tab and have a wank while their blood comes back

Wouldn't be a bad idea to regenerate blood at a really slow pace, alt tabbing to get blood back will only work if it regenerates too quickly because you will still need food and drinks, and if you have lots of them you probably don't have any problem with being low on blood either.

I think that is should work like this:

If you are well fed and hydrated, you regenerate blood over time. HOWEVER, you do NOT get any blood directly from eating. Right now blood is really easy to get back unless you dont have matchs/knife, and those are quite common. The only instant way should be blood bags.

I agree that gaining blood becomes extremely easy once you find the matches/hatchet/knife and a decent-sized backpack. In my previous life I was running around with a coyote backpack with 3 bottles of water and the rest of the slots filled with cooked meats, and the only reason I ever fell below 11000 blood and died was because of a server hopper :/.

If they do decide to introduce a passive blood regeneration, I'm hoping it's something that's restricted, either by having full thirst/hunger or only if you're in forests, or etc.

Regenerative life source.

Suppose you live long enough for it to re-fill...

I dunno about you guys, but I like hunting animals. Otherwise I'd live off beans.

If blood became regenerative, whats the point of animals? Balanced system.

Here is how I think it should work. The total amount of blood a person can lose before death is around 40%. So let's say that the 12,000 blood we start with is that 40%. So, in total, we have 30,000 blood in-game. A person generates roughly 1% of their total blood per day so if you were at 6,000 blood in-game, you'd generate a base of 240 blood over that day, with the rate slowly increasing as you get more blood. So realistically, this feature wouldn't help you too much.

blood should only regain from below 3000 to 3000. a slow gain like 8 blood per 5 secs as mentioned. If you are above 3000 you wont suffer the side effects anymore and you can go find some food

• Like 2

I think that blood should regenerate if you are green at water and food, but in this case food shouldn't provide an istant +200/+800 blood.

I'd support that, I survived for a long time on 4k blood. It'd get hit, eat some food and never get above 4k.

It was annoying because I'd go loot to find food, then get whacked and eat the food I found.

I went days without finding matches... I've only found one box of matches since I've been playing. I have bad luck or not looking in the right places.

I find tons of ammo, but no matches. That life, I had everything I needed but matches. Died going to the grocery store...

If you had full food/water, I think you should regen blood. Just like any healthy human. I'd be happy with really slow regeneration... like if you were at 4k and ate food/water... you might get up to 6k over the time it takes you to start showing pink/red on your food/water. Then you'd have to eat again. The better the food, the rate could increase. (MREs... I'd love to see MREs. slowest... canned items... slow... cooked foods... a little faster... ) so you might be able to go from 4k to 6k or 4k to 6.5k or 4k to 7k depending on what foods you had to eat.

Later when you eat again, it could go the next range up. 7k to 9k, 7k to 9.5k or 7k to 10k.

• Like 1

I do not mind if the regeneration of blood will be extremely slow. For example: 12K Blood / 24 hours actual playing time.

Before I dislike blood meal supplement. The game is too easy. People have no respect for

zombies. When I play like Rambo and lose as 6400 of blood, kill a cow and I am practicaly instant fit. I suggest that it may eat a maximum one food in 10 minutes.

I was also wondering about the blood regeneration since the body naturally regenerates blood, but I don't think you should be able to just sit in a corner and regenerate all your blood.

Having players only regenerate to a certain level, or having players regenerate constantly, but at an extremely slow pace is iffy. Regenerating to a certain level suggests players bodies are incapable of fully repairing themselves, and constant regen advocates camping.

In order to advocate play while regenerating, and avoid abuse, I suggest blood that regenerates roughly 1k over the course of two hours. However once you regenerate that 1k, your regeneration is done for the day. If you want to regenerate another 1k blood, come back tomorrow. Thus solves the problem of just sitting in a corner regenerating, and the regeneration won't occur at a tedious pace.

Only if it can't go to full 12k, something like 9k or maybe even lower like 7k, otherwise bloodbags would get obsolete.

I dont think should *give* blood at all... Health should SLOWLY regenerate, assuming drink / food needs are catered for. Meat, however is rich in Iron and should boost the players haemoglobin over time.

If it regenerated fast, it'd be too easy.

If it regenerated slow, it'd have no use.

I don't think this is necessary.

I would say the regeneration thing would just make DayZ too easy, with respect. I mean the reason it is so tense is because of just how easy it is to die. If blood regeneration is implemented, people just gunna hide and go AFK till they're full again.

Halve the blood return for food. Also people won't be able to completely AFK as they will need to consume food and water. Sitting there would also increase the chance for sickness, and if your sick your not regening anymore.

5 blood per 8 seconds is WAY too fast. That's 2250 blood per hour. DayZ is trying to be a semi-realistic zombie survival game so if you want blood regen it has to be at least close to reality

Let's do some maths;

There is approx 12 pints of blood in the human body - thus the 12000 blood in game.

It takes a healthy body 4-6 weeks (averaged to 5 weeks for argument) to fully regenerate the 1 pint (1000 points of in game blood) of blood lost from a donation.

840 hours to regen 1000 blood

1.19 blood per hour IF you have green temp/food/water

Humans die/go into cardiac arrest when they lose 40% of their blood. A pint would be 3,000 blood points, not 1,000.

It takes a healthy body 6-8 weeks to starve to death. Let's average that to 7 weeks. About an hour and a half in-game.

So if a person starves to death in an hour and a half, they should recover 3,000 points of blood every hour. Or 50 points of blood a minute. Or about .83 points of blood a second. Or 6.66666666... point of blood every 8 seconds.

(Maths!!!!!)

His blood regeneration is a little slow...but I'm sure he'd be willing to tinker with it.

Edited by BazBake

As I know, there is a limit of blood body needs to be able to recreate blood.

If someone lost too much blood, his body cant create new blood, this what blood transfusions created for.

if someone have 2000 blood in game he can't regenerate blood.

what I think is:

If player has green food and water meter, his blood level will slowly increase if its above 9000 or 10000, for example by 10 each 5 seconds.

Human body can regenerate blood, but if someone lost too much blood, only blood transfusion can help.

Edited by DooM4MR