DeadManDan

What do you think about non-hive servers?

So if you're like me (generally unaware-connect to whatever server is closest) you might start up dayz only to find yourself on a beach with only the thought: "WTF"

I'm starting to see these pop up. They use "DayZ Private" in the mission type but I don't think that's the sole indicator of a non hive server. I thought I filtered out everything not officially dayz by simple setting my filter to be BE only servers but these have BE enabled.

I did a forum search and found this locked post: http://dayzmod.com/f...n-hive-servers/

Followed by his reddit entry: http://www.reddit.co...onhive_servers/

Leading me to a rogue dayz community(Tungle.net): http://www.tunngle.n...ned-operations/

Which all seems to be made possible by one specific member (anti_rocket): http://www.tunngle.n...01-anti-rocket/

I don't know what to make of this but I think it's kinda cute as now rocket has at the very least attained the level of zombie jesus and brought a whole world to life/unlife and even giving rise to an anti-self. Wish I had a nemesis but I've never done anything cool enough to get one (I usually just get banned on the spot, Erhm, Don't Ban Me Bro!).

I took a glance at some of their topics one explains how during one of my first few lives I connected to a server to find my inventory changed and some of my equipment went missing while other stuff appreared (specifically my flashlight vanished and was replaced by a makarov along with additional inventory items like watch gps hunting knife blood pack and morphine). That happened on a server using the primary hive too >.>

Looks like the only real safe way to play is to use specific official servers that won't pull that kinda crap instead of randomly connecting.

I fucking love non-hive servers! You know why?

NO SERVER HOPPING.

There's no little shitstain server hopping in the barracks. No little wanker d/cing to get behind me in the middle of a firefight. No fuckface who'll appear behind me in a room I finished clearing and shoot me in the back of the head.

Wanna know what I hate about them? Because they're not official, they're full to the BRIM with hackers,

• Like 5

I think this flies in the face of everything Rocket is doing. No I do not like them.

well, the cant hop, but you could still have someone spawn behind you, because they logged out there ;)

but i agree, i like private hives aswell because ppl cant hop. if they log out during a firefight its about who can wait the longest :D

I think this flies in the face of everything Rocket is doing. No I do not like them.

and why is that? it takes away most problems dayz has with meta gaming atm. like hopping, dc'ing during firefight and stuff like that.

and why is that? it takes away most problems dayz has with meta gaming atm. like hopping, dc'ing during firefight and stuff like that.

Because they are not official and have been created because of people's selfish desires to play this as a game rather than TEST this mod with the rest of the community on OFFICAL servers.

Because they are not official and have been created because of people's selfish desires to play this as a game rather than TEST this mod with the rest of the community on OFFICAL servers.

people actually paid for this 'test'. It's a mod of the full game + expansion. please don't tell people not to 'play' or to 'not help with the testing' as they are not entitled to.

let people do with the game they bought and paid for as they like. even if it doesn't help you, it's one of the good parts of the game. multi hive = good thing

• Like 1

True, but If DayZ Development Team creates a System for every individual, like a Log-In System for DayZ, it would prevent the biggest issue atm. Meta Gaming, and those "Chicken" Options to avoid death, right?

True Words!

would be awesome, a new adventure everytime you connect.

people actually paid for this 'test'. It's a mod of the full game + expansion. please don't tell people not to 'play' or to 'not help with the testing' as they are not entitled to.

let people do with the game they bought and paid for as they like. even if it doesn't help you, it's one of the good parts of the game. multi hive = good thing

they can do whatever they want with the game they paid for - ArmA 2.. they did not pay for the mod and they are supposed to be alpha testers

Edited by tomo
  • Like 1

True, but If DayZ Development Team creates a System for every individual, like a Log-In System for DayZ, it would prevent the biggest issue atm. Meta Gaming, and those "Chicken" Options to avoid death, right?

True Words!

dont get me wrong, I play on official server most of the time. but when i'm alone or with new people i like to have the option to go on a different hive server so i dont lose my gear while showing ppl around in cherno :D

and if rocket comes up with a way to prevent hopping and DC'ing, I'm all for it!

So they have their own hive and are completley independant from Rocket and the devs.

What's next? Altering patches for their own preferences? Staying at a certain popular build instead of keeping up with development?

This does not help the development of this mod in the slightest and thus should not be sanctioned.

Wanna know what I hate about them? Because they're not official, they're full to the BRIM with hackers,

Not all of them, the main problem with a lot of none hive servers atm is that they dont enable battle eye for anti cheats and running a cracked arma2 server that allows players to join with pirated arma aka they hack even more as they dont have anythign to loose.

We are playing on DayZ EU NOHOP server that is running proper server/ with battleye on and even some aditional protection that even official server's dont have. All cheaters are perm banned and admins also check logs of duping attempts and ban all players abusing it. ( cheating wise duping is one of the major consirns on official dayz servers .. there is a reason how some always allt he best equipmenet)

VEHICLES DIFFERENCE COMPARED TO OFFICIAL SERVER

When new vehicle is spanwed its repaired but without fuel so jerry cans are quite in demand. (story wise when there was infection outbreak people left cars when they were out of gas ), when vehicle is destroyed (100% damage ) it will be ALWAYS respawned on defualt location. All old peddalign/foot bikes are automaticly fully repaired and fuled on each server restart(kind of stupid that peddalign bikes have fuel) The vehicles that are parked outside of the map are destroyed and respawned .

Server makes sure that on each restart:

1. all vehicles are spawned ( around 60 )

2. destroyed vehicles are respawned at starting positions

3. bikes are fixed and fueld

4. vehicles parked outside of map destroyed and respawned

5. all vehicles that are not being used for 7 days get destroyed and respawned

Other clean up on server restart

1. all tents where owner is dead for more then 3 days are destroyed ( if the owner respawn aka have alive character it does not apply)

2. empty tents are removed after 7 days

3. Barbwire older then 3 days is removed

4. Sandbags and tank traps older then 7 days are removed.

Atm server still runns 1.7.1.5 / 94444 and probably it will be updated to 1.7.2 today ( especially if hotfix is released for official version.)

Server site: http://www.PeVePe.net/dayz

p.s. Having a unique character and no server hopping is really great.

^ This is what I mean, people taking Rocket's work and bending it for their own selfish needs instead of testing the mod within the frame work of his system.

• Like 1

^ This is what I mean, people taking Rocket's work and bending it for their own selfish needs instead of testing the mod within the frame work of his system.

So someone having fun with Rocket's mod is "bending it for their selfish needs"? What do you even mean by selfish needs? You see, the thing is about this is, if someone wants to enjoy it on a private server for totally legitimate reasons like not wanting to be killed by players every so often, then why should they be disallowed from doing so?

I myself host a private server for me and my friends because I find it a lot more fun with just a few friends. I don't see why anyone should have a problem with this. Would you prefer me to just not play it at all? I could understand if somehow people playing on private servers was having some kind of negative effect on the main Hive and ruining the experience for other players, but as far as I can tell, it isn't.

• Like 1

ofc the serverhopping and dcing is one side but let me show you another side why non hive servers pop up

1. offical servers are unavailable or messed up (after a patch) u dont have to worry about that on a priv one.

2. ppl get their offical server request denied for some stupid reasons like

you are not running the requested win version (if you ve win 7 dayz runs just fine on it yet gets u denied)

they say with no evidence that your server is private hosted (private root server -.-)

or simply that some of your other requirements are not good enough even if you outmatch the (btw different requirements on page / forum / support) requirements given to you

so am i ok with private servers ? yes ! because beside the benefits of the localdatabase i can feel the ppl that are screwed by the "support" for no reason what so ever. also an admin can actually do things on HIS server HE is paying for. like kicking for mates etc (and yes this should be allowed) . in the end the private servers are created by the lack of service dayz provides atm. im sure if this mod gets to beta and above there is no need for private server unless u like to lock it for friends only.

So someone having fun with Rocket's mod is "bending it for their selfish needs"? What do you even mean by selfish needs? You see, the thing is about this is, if someone wants to enjoy it on a private server for totally legitimate reasons like not wanting to be killed by players every so often, then why should they be disallowed from doing so?

I myself host a private server for me and my friends because I find it a lot more fun with just a few friends. I don't see why anyone should have a problem with this. Would you prefer me to just not play it at all? I could understand if somehow people playing on private servers was having some kind of negative effect on the main Hive and ruining the experience for other players, but as far as I can tell, it isn't.

My point is that it is not a game yet and is here to be tested. Non hive servers are using the mod in an unofficial way and thus not contributing to the project.

We are not here to play we are here to test.

well if you go all public with an alpha/beta you have to except ppl are just going to enjoy the game instead of focused testing. beside that most betas are for commercial purpose these days anyway.

btw, the ppl that just want to enjoy dayz and explicitly bought arma2 for exactly that are the reason why this shit got so popular. without them you wouldnt need more than 2 servers and no one ld know this mod ;)

well if you go all public with an alpha/beta you have to except ppl are just going to enjoy the game instead of focused testing. beside that most betas are for commercial purpose these days anyway.

btw, the ppl that just want to enjoy dayz and explicitly bought arma2 for exactly that are the reason why this shit got so popular. without them you wouldnt need more than 2 servers and no one ld know this mod ;)

By just playign the game you are testing for rocket, he can read the data and figure out from there. but by playing on servers who change configurations so drastically, you comprimise the development of this game, a lack of data, or coruppted data wwill cause problems.

as far this mod owing anything to anyone, rocket never promoted it, he never intended for it at this stage tot ake off like this, it was word of mouth that did it, and it happend because it offered somethign other games cant.

but if you sit back and stand in teh way of development (by playing and thus supporting servers who comprimise data) you are only hurting hte project. i dont care what spin you put on it, servers that try things like changing the day night cycle to stay day, servers that modify the data, are standing in the wya of deleopment, and that is just as bad as hacking IMO.

So they have their own hive and are completley independant from Rocket and the devs.

What's next? Altering patches for their own preferences? Staying at a certain popular build instead of keeping up with development?

This does not help the development of this mod in the slightest and thus should not be sanctioned.

they can do whatever they want, they're not connected to the main game.
  • Like 2

Which is why they are not contributing to the project and thus illegitimate

Should be stopped, taking someone's work and doing selfish s*** to it is not right even tho there are no server hoppers and dcr's

My point is that it is not a game yet and is here to be tested. Non hive servers are using the mod in an unofficial way and thus not contributing to the project.

Well, by all means... continue testing, GLADOS.

The rest of us are going to PLAY.

oh come on. i encountered a private server a while back and the settings were pretty much the same as the offical ones. of course you are not really helping if you play on that server, but that never was the point. since you dont get payed to test, i ld say the enjoyment is your paycheck.

im not supporting the ppl on such servers or the hosters of it. but i understand WHY they are doing it. as said the joyment is your pay, and getting this destroyed by serverhopping, dcing, warping etc makes u chose between 3 things

-taking it manly and start new

-leave the mod for good

-playing on a private server

as i also said before, when the mod got to beta or above this wont be a problem anymore except for the loked for friends only servers.

Edited by Aveal