Stings2pee

Fuck Kamenka! *RESPAWN*

Simple suggestion: don't let players continually spam the "respawn" button to get their preferred spawn location. Example: limit 1 respawn per 60 minutes.

Survivors should be making an honest attempt at survival despite where on shore they spawn at. This would also encourage teamwork amungst players since it will eliminate the respawn-rat-race to Cherno or Elektro. Further more, everyone in the DayZ community is always promoting 'realism'. Let me ask: how realistic is it to commit suicide and teleport to your destination? LOL.

I'm also tired of seeing:

John was killed

John was killed

Frank was killed

PLAYER 1 was killed

John was killed

John was killed

John was killed

Frank was killed

PLAYER 1 was killed

John was killed

PLAYER 1 was killed

for 20 minutes until those bastards finally spawn where they want. >.<

• Like 2

Why don't they include a spawn menu to let people choose where they spawn? It's not that hard.

Edited by disorder
  • Like 3

That would fix nothing, all that would happen is that people would constantly spawn in the best 1 or 2 places and they'd be slaughtered by bandits camping the best spawns. Besides, that would hardly be in the spirit of the game, you wake up somewhere unfamiliar and have to survive regardless of your circumstances, it's a part of the survival nature of the game.

Why don't they include a spawn menu to let people choose where they spawn? It's not that hard.

Terrible idea. Cherno and Elektro are already over-populated enough as it is on 40-slot servers. And what's the point of killing a player if they can simply spawn back into the same area? I like the satisfaction in knowing that they must walk for 30 - 45 minutes to get back.

• Like 1

That would fix nothing, all that would happen is that people would constantly spawn in the best 1 or 2 places and they'd be slaughtered by bandits camping the best spawns. Besides, that would hardly be in the spirit of the game, you wake up somewhere unfamiliar and have to survive regardless of your circumstances, it's a part of the survival nature of the game.

EXACTLYYYYY!!!!! :D

And die

Besides, that would hardly be in the spirit of the game, you wake up somewhere unfamiliar and have to survive regardless of your circumstances, it's a part of the survival nature of the game.

And die and respawn constantly is ?...

Just disable the bloody respawn button..

That would be the best idea if the game wasn't as buggy as it is. The respawn is necessary in the event of spawning in the debug plains or spawning into the ocean from the guillie suit bug. Or what if you broke your legs by falling down a steep rock in the mountains and you don't have any morphine? You'd need to crawl for hours to finally get back to civilization and find a zombie to put you out of your misery. The respawn button itself is NOT the problem. It's about finding a way to stop players from abusing it.

OR OR OR OR

how about devs add something of worth looting anywhere near kamenka?

ofc ppl respawn to get near cherno or electro because there's absolutely NOTHING to loot anywhere near kamenka.

And by loot i mean basic stuff, a makarov and a can of sardines, not m4 and NVGs

also, cherno and electro are awesome, if you don't want pvp, by all means, spawn in kamenka and head north

OR OR OR OR

how about devs add something of worth looting anywhere near kamenka?

ofc ppl respawn to get near cherno or electro because there's absolutely NOTHING to loot anywhere near kamenka.

And by loot i mean basic stuff, a makarov and a can of sardines, not m4 and NVGs

also, cherno and electro are awesome, if you don't want pvp, by all means, spawn in kamenka and head north

what's so wrong with kamenka? there's a slew of deerstands i love to loot.

Well not everyone is stupid enough that they keep spawning in a contested area?

At least if you get shot, you get to choose another potentially safer area.

Edited by disorder

How about a lives system? You start with 3 lives. Lives regenerate one per 30 minutes of real time whether you are playing or not, but if you survive for 30 minutes in game they all come back at once. If you don't have any lives you must wait for a new one to generate.

It's unlikely you will die 3 times in 30 minutes unless you are trying to re-spawn for a good spot and if you waste those two lives on trying to get a good spot and then take a zombie to the face you'll feel pretty stupid. People wouldn't be able to re-roll for better spawns constantly and the chances of it hurting someone playing properly is fairly low (and wouldn't take long for them to get back in anyway).

There really needs to be a way to spawn with friends though. Not on them in the middle of the map, maybe after someone has spawned friends can spawn on them with 2 minutes or so? EG Player1 spawns, Player2 types "/spawnon Player1" in chat, Player1 gets a notice saying Player2 is trying to spawn on them and types "/accept Player2" to accept the spawn then Player2 spawns near Player1.

Edited by TeaLeaf

being able to spawn on the coast where you wanted would be awesome i am guilty of respawning to get where i want the only reason i do it is beacuse i dont know any of the places on the map or where i am if i spawn on the east coast i just respawn because im unfamiler with the area

How about a lives system? You start with 3 lives. Lives regenerate one per 30 minutes of real time whether you are playing or not, but if you survive for 30 minutes in game they all come back at once. If you don't have any lives you must wait for a new one to generate.

It's unlikely you will die 3 times in 30 minutes unless you are trying to re-spawn for a good spot and if you waste those two lives on trying to get a good spot and then take a zombie to the face you'll feel pretty stupid.

I support this idea. You'd need a cap though on the number of lives players can regenerate. Maximum should = 3.

• Like 1

So we're going for even more unrealistic ideas then? :P nah, lives is the wrong way to go.

If you want to do something 'regenerating' just make blood slowly heal itself. 1 point per 10 minutes or something.

Edited by disorder

being able to spawn on the coast where you wanted would be awesome i am guilty of respawning to get where i want the only reason i do it is beacuse i dont know any of the places on the map or where i am if i spawn on the east coast i just respawn because im unfamiler with the area

Oh please. DayZ and ArmA 2 is also about adventure and roaming the vast landscape. If the size of the map scares you simply because you're 'unfamiliar' with it, then you should consider going back to playing CoD. :\

So we're going for even more unrealistic ideas then? :P nah, lives is the wrong way to go.

If you want to do something 'regenerating' just make blood slowly heal itself. 1 point per 10 minutes or something.

What are you on about? You have infinite lives at the moment.

Did you think I meant people just pop back into existence in the same spot they are killed?

Maybe you should read the post again....

I mean fixed lives. someone suggested having only 3 I was replying to that. Quote isn't working for me, and neither is quick edit.

I mean fixed lives. someone suggested having only 3 I was replying to that. Quote isn't working for me, and neither is quick edit.

Oh, I think he meant just cap the max lives you can have at a time. Like you can regenerate up to 3 and it stays there instead on for infinity. Which I agree with and should have made clear in my post.

+1. We should be able to choose the area where we ll spawn at the shore.

Ok, maybe not a specific location. But approxmate area. so you could get the choice of all the compass directions and then get given a random spawn roughly in that direction.

NESW > Choose N get put in the upper half of the map.

Choose SE, get put in the lower right corner and so on.

Edited by disorder

+1. We should be able to choose the area where we ll spawn at the shore.

Ok, maybe not a specific location. But approxmate area. so you could get the choice of all the compass directions and then get given a random spawn roughly in that direction.

NESW > Choose N get put in the upper half of the map.

Choose SE, get put in the lower right corner and so on.

NO and NO

Another "forever alone" thread, and what about us who acctually have friends playing this game?

For instance i spawn in Solnichniy and my friend spawns in Kamenka, it would took about 2 hours to meet, given that we are not killed somewhere in between.

It's much better to respawn, then to have party system, since party system would really kill some aspects of the game.

On the other hand, game is still pretty bugged up, i died a while ago while crouch walking and aggroing zed through building, he then run through the texture of the building, broke my leg in an instant, and somehow 3-4 more zeds came at that second without a bullet fired.

Kamenka is fine spawn cause of the deer stands, but most of small spanws have too small danger/reward ratio now that you don't start with gun, so ppl woud still run to Cherno and Elektro, only thing that would change is that they would be forced to lose 15-20 minutes of their game.

If you don't want to respawn don't do it, let people play the game the way they want. And fking get some friends in life.

Another "forever alone" thread, and what about us who acctually have friends playing this game?

For instance i spawn in Solnichniy and my friend spawns in Kamenka, it would took about 2 hours to meet, given that we are not killed somewhere in between.

It's much better to respawn, then to have party system, since party system would really kill some aspects of the game.

On the other hand, game is still pretty bugged up, i died a while ago while crouch walking and aggroing zed through building, he then run through the texture of the building, broke my leg in an instant, and somehow 3-4 more zeds came at that second without a bullet fired.

Kamenka is fine spawn cause of the deer stands, but most of small spanws have too small danger/reward ratio now that you don't start with gun, so ppl woud still run to Cherno and Elektro, only thing that would change is that they would be forced to lose 15-20 minutes of their game.

If you don't want to respawn don't do it, let people play the game the way they want. And fking get some friends in life.

I'm not quite understanding why you think I don't have any friends far less how you think it's relevant to the topic.

In any event, allowing players/friends/clan members to meet up 'quickly' is not conducive to DayZ nor is it fair for independent players to come across large clans who've met up by means of mashing the respawn button or being given the choice of spawn locations. This is a survival game. Not an "everyone spawn together" game. The map is 255 square kilometers... USE IT!

If you know how to navigate and read a map/compass properly, then meeting friends is not a problem. Yes, it may take 15-20 minutes, as you said, but you'll have a better appreciation for your life (and the welfare of the group) as not to make risky life-threatening moves. Here's the bottom line: DayZ is designed to be unforgiving.

Edited by Stings2pee