Otis (DayZ)

Military Ambience

I think the original idea is a good one but I would say make it less mlitary, or indeed hav ea wide veriety of AI civillian characters/vehicles that randomly occour throughout the map to create atmosphere;(very occasionally, maybe once every 24 hours)

e.g.

- civiallian and military choppers/aircraft appearing occasionally

- vehicles being driven in the distance,

- boats on the horizon or sailing by

- random gunshots

maybe even crashing sometimes to give some loot

Im not a fan of it actually interacting with the game as it is, however a few fast jets just screaming past, especially at night. Or the rare boat/Helicopter off the shore thats unreachable to give that illusion of freedom and hope.

I love the fact that there is no hope, I'm just surviving, waiting for chance, or a fatal mistake, to bring me down.

So, has there been a response from the team about this idea so far?

I would like to see such stuff as ambient effects but im afraid that those will lure away all the zombies cuz they love noises. I saw a repaired Blackhawk flying over the coast and a crowd of 300 zombies past him cuz they all feel attracted by his sound. If devs find a way to work around this it could be very cool. For the loot, im not a fan of it at the moment cuz its in my opinion waste of time to work on it in fact there are so many loot spots all over the map that provide you high tier gear and food and stuff. I think it will be to much. But it could be a cool addition if loot from existing loot spots is lowered in the future.

Hmm' date=' I think it'd aid the mod, but only if, like you've described, military had not real effect on the gameplay. Maybe jet fighters flying once or twice a day (ingame time) over major cities as well.

[/quote']

This! Sounds awesome!