Plutonium (DayZ)

Server Persistence Issues

Hey guys, I thought I would start a thread for those who are having problems with persistence when changing servers. Havn't been able to find anything on this

Every time I change servers I re spawn, on the beach without any of my old gear. I have been to a few different servers and I have been playing with a group. They all manage to keep their gear whilst changing servers whilst I lose mine.

Has anybody got any idea's as to what is going on?

Edited by Plutonium

Hi,

It seems this is a bug related to 1.7.2 and the servers.

Try deleting your character id and create a new one. Ensure you're running on a server connected to Battleeye. Let me know if this helps!

Cheers.

I believe it is in the player settings of the Arma main menu.

Again, I am unaware if this fixes the issue.

Cheers.

AFAIK the character ID is somehow connected to your CD-key. Beside this, deleting my character ID (You're talking about the UserID, right?) would end up in a lot of work. My clan-logo wouldn't show up anymore, I would have to change all the config-files, where my ID defines me as admin - like the BEC-Tool, etc...

:(

I did some researching and heard about changing player skins to cause item loss on log out, could be related.

I reinstalled all my DayZ and beta patches.

I have also deleted my player profile and made a new one, I have made no changes to it (last time I gave my character glasses).

Will check if it works or not (it is peak time in my area)

The only reason I suggest this is because when I tried to resolve this issue two days with someone (and another person, too!), I suggested this advice and he never returned. I assume this fixed his problem, but I have no way to tell.

Whilst it is connected to the cd key, creating a new character ID resets everything back to the default settings. Assuming your character ID is glitched, creating a new ID may address your issue. You may be able to create a 'new' ID (but name it the exact same) and still resolve your problem.

Made another post on a server forum as I eventually found out that they are the main problem.... I do think that creating a new Player Profile helped (it may have had something to do with my character wearing glasses?) Here is a copy (I am far to lazy to rewrite another just for this thread :/)

Well I am a fairly new player (joined yesterday) and since your servers had the best ping I thought I would join... I survived about 3 hours! but I found no water and I eventually got shot looting a deer stand. Well then the fun began smile.gif... I tried to respawn, ended up respawning a little before my death right next to the dear stand, interesting? oh well I thought, lucky glitch, so I kept on playing. I went to several other deer stands with all their loot missing. died, repsawned and then I respawned in the paddock next to the one the deer stand faced.

I ended up repeating the process many more times. Then I quit and went to another server. I was on the beach again, ah, joy smile.gif.

Played for a bit, died.

Today I respawned and managed to form a group with 2 other survivors, who I have now added on skype and steam. We were playing on Au2. So I played another few hours, then the server shutdown for an update, deleting all our stuff (I have heard this problem is wide spread).

After respawning we caught up with more of this guys group. But after serious server desync we decided to switch servers.

They kept their stuff, I lost all of mine and I was back on the beach.

Deciding this is an problem with my character I decided to reinstall all of my Dayz, battle eye and beta patch.

Also after starting a topic on the dayz forum (http://dayzmod.com/f...istence-issues/) a member suggested I delete my character Id, after further reading on the internet I decided to delete my player profile and create a new one, without any skin changes (I have heard it can cause some glitches).

Well I have now tested several other servers and found that my character persists on all of them except AusArma where I still have a different save (I have tested four others). I am really not sure what is going on and any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Here is a link to the thread ()

Edited by Plutonium

I posted on the same server as above, but am having the same issue, as follows.

Was playing on Atlanta 83, got involved in a little gun fight and died. Could not rejoin that server to start a new character due to desync issues, friend also couldn't join.. got stuck forever at waiting for character to create. Joined another server (ANZ 3) Ran around for a bit and ended up at green mountain. Server started to desync out, so left that.. a bit later joined US 328, and got up further north near my tent location. When I tried logging onto ANZ 1, 2, 3 and 4, ended up on the beach where I had last restarted. I have tried a few different servers, some start me on the beach, others start me up north. Nothing has changed between the associated server starts.

Have deleted my old player profile and started a new one, did not change any settings at all (except audio settings), but problem is still persisting.

Yeah, it would appear to be problems with 1.7.2. I have found the problem only really exists on servers hosted by AusArma, wich I have now chosen to avoid. There is another topic on this subject, here is the link (http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/29111-progress-not-). On that topic I made a more simplified version of how I solved my problem, hope it helps :)

There is another topic on this subject, here is the link (http://dayzmod.com/f...1-progress-not-). On that topic I made a more simplified version of how I solved my problem, hope it helps :)

As I added to that other post, I believe the problem is the server not updating to hive correctly. This has happened to me a few times since I startd playing DayZ over a month ago. If I notice the orange desync chain on the screen for any period of time over a minute, I will immediately leave the server and try another one. Simple solution to this is to just play on a server for 5 minutes, travel some distance, then log off. Log back on and make sure you have saved at the last moved to position. I do this quite often if I have a bad feeling about a server not updating right.. or even if the Z's ain't spawning.

My problem is I seem to have two characters on different servers, and it's just not limited to ANZ servers. On some servers I was in the hills, could switch to another server would be on the beach, switch to another server and I'm back in the hills, switch again and be back on the beach.

I have since died again and started out back on the beach. I am going to try and hit 'respawn' on one character on the beach, then log off that server and log onto the other server where I am on the other part of the beach. Play around for a bit, let hive get updated a number of times with my movements, then log off, leave it for 20 minutes then log on to the first and see if that updates correctly to the other server.