Zombie Sniper

Rules of Engagement. I am an Operator, Not a Bandit

Most people think I'm a bandit because I kill people quite often. This is a misconception, I am not a bandit, I do not kill for the enjoyment or if they have something I may want. I kill to stay alive and survive. I am an operator, I go in, do what I need to do, and leave. If people stand in my way and pose a threat I will kill them, but only beacause it is necessary to keep myself alive. Out in the world, it is kill or be killed, so I stick to the former. Please reply if you are a supporter of my philosophy.

• Like 8

I kill people because it's fun.

And so do you.

Edited by Zoop
  • Like 1

yeah, call yourself "Operator" when it makes you feel better, you are just a lousy ass bandit like we all are :P

sometimes not kill on sight, sometimes i just want to get rid of the other survivor, depends on my mood/gear/area/trollness at that moment

Sadly this will prolong your life in DayZ. I try not to kill people, especially in Cherno or Elektro. I may try to take on geared players because more than likely they have their gear for a reason. Usually my first reaction is to run rather than shoot, admittedly it has gotten me killed.

I don't find killing newbs in the two cities fun or amusing, nor does it give me a sense of accomplishment. I'd much rather hunt down bandits, but it's just too hard to tell...Was it a kill in self defense? As for survivors, well, every bandit has to start somewhere. Their murder count may be 0 for now.

I feel I have gone off track: Agreed, this mind set will help you survive, perhaps at the expense of innocent lives, but survive none-the-less.

Gotta nuke 'em from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

• Like 1

I support this kind of mindset. People need to realize this is a zombie apocalypse. If you're going to stand in my way in the midst of chaos and havoc, I'll damn sure put a bullet in your head.

Trust nobody.

• Like 1

Same except I DO kill if they have something that I want.

Cawadoody kids justifying their banditry.

You are a bandit. Don't try and pretty it up with silly 'operator' terms. If you are a survivor you work with people to help and be helped, If you murder people, even in the name of survival, you are a bandit.

~the end~

Edited by Korax

If you wanted to survive and dont kill for fun or gear, why not jsut avoid people, let them pass or go another way?

If you wanted to survive and dont kill for fun or gear, why not jsut avoid people, let them pass or go another way?

Because said person might kill you first if they see you.

And as such, the kill or be killed rule comes into play.

I'm not a bandit, I just kill in self defense. Sometimes self defense means a preemptive strike.

I'm not a bandit, I just kill in self defense. Sometimes self defense means a preemptive strike.

That's never what self defense means.

That's never what self defense means.

Military planners disagree with you.

When it is necessary to kill others, regardless of if they know where i am or not, I will. I do not kill others that pose no threat to me, such as players with no guns or just a hatchet or crowbar. I do not understand why people call me a bandit, when a bandit is a person who kills and steals for other peoples supplies or for the fun of it. Therefore I do not understand why I am called a bandit when I do what is necessary to survive and get done what I need to get done. Which consists of tasks such as gathering supplies or scouting an area out. I will admit though that if another one of my squad mates wants another player dead. I will do what I can to neutralize the target, because that player may pose a threat to us in the future.

I've began to notice how triggerhappy everyone is.

Remember those days when you could team up with any survivor without fear of him shooting you in the back, or at least if he did it wasn't often?

Now we gotta MOAB people, tie a few zed corpses to what was left of their feet, and toss them into the coast.

It's the only way to be SURE.

I follow 5 simple rules:

#1DTA Don't Trust Anybody

#2Role With Your Team

#3Surround & Enclose

#4Eliminate ALL Threats

#5Avoid Contact When Possible

Perfect Example of these rules

I am a designated gun runner/pack rat. My job is to go into hostile territory bare (Most I carry is my shot gun with a few rounds and a grenade) scavenge what I can and exit the way I came in. I roll with a minimum of 5 other mates (max is 10), and they surround the target area this way everyone is covered from every point.

My objective this time was in Electro, the military buildings specifically. Now I've only been to Elector a few times, but didn't expect much trouble however upon our set up we killed 5 snipers on the out skirts of the town. Having cleared that the snipers took their places, the riflemen cleared key buildings to cover my entry and escape(or retrive items from my corpse).

Once set up I sprint to the target areas, dispatching any zombies that follow me. On this particular run I ran across a survivor in the first tower due to the stationed snipers telling me a guy spanwed in. The man was not armed, and I spoke in chat and asked if he was friendly, of course he said yes. I told him I am just checking for weapons, and he was as well aparently. I was on the second floor, this man was on the top picking up a rifle. I was warned of this, and asked him if he was armed. To which he said "No". I shook my head and told him he was lying. He said "I am not armed you can come up and see". I asked him once more to give him a chance and he said "No" and I told him "wrong answer" and had the snipers take him down. I went to his corpse to find he had picked up a m4a1 CCO.

After leaving the first first sation I was informed there was another survivor in the store, this one was armed with a rifle. We kept tabs but ultimately ignored him as we didn't need anything from the store. I got to the second military building, took what I could and proceeded to exit. I was heading toward the back door exit when I was informed that the same man from the store was heading my way blocking my exit. I kneeled next to the door waiting for the guy to enter, and shot the second he was in view. It was unfortunate but neccessary as there was no way to determine his intentions. After that I was able to get out relatively unscathed.

Not following even one of the rules usually gets me killed more times than not. I have no qualms about shooting anyone, but If time permits I will ask if a person is friendly, but I never go above and beyond for someone.

Edited by Beltway
  • Like 1