adrianscholl

[1.5.7] Tent Duplication

Date: May 16, May 17

What happened: Tent duplication galore.

Where you were: Dev PM for details

What you were doing: Trying to rearrange a campsite

*Current installed version: 1.5.7

*Server(s) you were on: Hardcore 1

*Your system specs: Intel Core i7 Processor 2GHz, NVidia GTX 460M 1.5G GDDR5 VRAM, 8GB SO-DIMM RAM, 1TB 7200RPM Hard Drive, Windows 7 Home Premium

*Timeline of events before/after error: Placed tent, then packaged it, then replaced it. Server crashed. When server came back up, both new and old tents were there. Packaged old tent and put it in new tent. Server crashed. 3 tents...

Please god, make it stop. It is now happening to three old tent spots. Our campsite is now hooverville.

Yea this happened to us too. Moved the tents around to set them up in a nice symetrical camp like camp and after the reset we doubled our tents. If this continued we'd like to request a burn tent feature.

Please can this be addressed soon. It is getting completely out of hand.

In our attempt to organize our large group, we picked up our old haphazardly organized 11 tents and placed a grid of 12 new tents that are perfectly aligned. Now, every time the server crashes, the 11 tents spawn again in their previous location. We are currently at upwards of 30 tents.

If this is not stopped soon, I cannot fathom how many tents will grow like a cancer over our campsite by next week...

"An explosion of tents that will blot out the sun, and rain down upon Cherno smiting all who dare stand against it. I fear the evil that we have unleashed upon this world cannot be contained" - [AATW] Bardy

It seems to now spawn tents to every location you've placed it in. We placed tents several times and packed them up again (to improve the position). After server restart there seemed to be a tent in every position we had placed tent during the testing (40+ tents). We did not even click "Save old camping tent" between these placement, only at the last location.

I have that with my friend also. We have too many tents around because two of them are old ones before we moved them a bit and one is there when I was trying around to find a place to put a tent on and i didnt even save it!

We have been packing the tents all the time and just walking away for all the duplicated items to get despawned.

One tent spawned basically inside another tent also on our new spot!

This crap really pisses us off. We don't want to be exposed cause of the old badly put tents and the itmes duplicating. We don't want to get banned for it looking like item duplication try, its really annoying.

I just hope this will be fixed in the next patch. I just would like to have a nice camping area.

hopefully the self aware replicating tents that sometimes stealth, or just plain eat your gear will be fixed in 1.5.8

We have been packing the tents all the time and just walking away for all the duplicated items to get despawned.

We've been doing the same. Leaving the packed tents to the ground makes them disappear. Unfortunately every time the server restarts, the 40+ tents spawn again and we've to pack them all again one by one.

We've been doing the same. Leaving the packed tents to the ground makes them disappear. Unfortunately every time the server restarts' date=' the 40+ tents spawn again and we've to pack them all again one by one.

[/quote']

Atleast we don't have so many but its still annoying as hell!

I hope this will be taken to notice when they update it to 1.5.8

I would also want to remove barbwire fence without it spawning back there. And also I would want to have them! They just get deleted! Or maybe they spawn inside the ground because they are not aligned with ground right.

My tents disappeared! I looted a bunch of stuff (incidentally from other camps), last night. Had a bunch of sweet guns, had it all set up in a good hidden spot. Come back this afternoon, tent is gone.

I had hit "save old camping tent" and everything. I had even logged in and out several times last night to make sure my tent would be there.

The main problem here seems to be that when you remove tent, it is not removed from database.

Placing a tent on ground seems to always create a new entry to the database, removing it should remove that database entry.