beepharoni

Infected Aggro Radius

+1 from me. It's very frustrating because even slow-crouching isnt save any more.

Visibilty is always > 0, so by this token, zombies will always aggro.

Not exactly. I said zombies 'can' be aggroed. I didn't say they do all the time at visibility > 0. There is just a probability between 0 and 1, say one out of 1000 zombies aggroes at 200m and that's okay in my opinion.

Since I have found this out from fellow clan members I have not been back on since due to my location (would be dead in seconds) and refuse to. Why should I spend my time prone, crawling round like a prick through different types of grass only to be killed/aggro'd or what ever and then do it all over again.

Servers run different difficulty levels, Beginners, Regular, Veteran and Expert. Why don't you give the "Experts" this level of difficulty if that's what they want and revert it back to the old ways for the other servers etc?

Please change it back.

Thanks.

Realistic "Zombies" with custom animations - These once human creatures will act and behave as if they have a heighten sense of hearing and smell but less sight

These changes can't honestly be intentional.

Edited by TheJanitor

I dont think this can be called a bug but the new visibility system could do with some tweaking (this is what we are here to test ;) ).

As people can read from previous posts in this thread, the system is a bit off (random), i too have had a zed's run at me from well over 250m away. One instance, while crouched at the edge of a tree line a z came rushing my way from, IMO, an unreasonable distance and yet not the few zombies walking the same direction that were closer. Then the rushing zombie seems to "alert" the others and then its a snow ball effect from there.

Edited by Aquillium

As already said, it seems as this system is not working correctly.

Because i think that it should not be possible to have more than 100 (%?) visibility.

Guys ... wait until they turn their back. They cant see crap , you have to be very close to them and making a lot of noise. You can also crawl and it doesnt really matter where they are looking , unless they get very close to you. like within 5 meters or so , maybe 10.

Well.. From the sixloader patch notes i read today, it seems that their aggro radius has been reduced by 20%. I thank the dev's for their prompt attention to this matter, and hopefully this makes sneaking around possible again.

Thanks also to everyone who voiced their opinions in this thread, we are helping turn this mod into something great!

As already said, it seems as this system is not working correctly.

Because i think that it should not be possible to have more than 100 (%?) visibility.

I am of the opinion that the number actually shows you the distance in meters at which zombies can aggro you not a percentage visibility

I can confirm this, been playing DayZ for a few weeks now, ever since 1.7.2 as far as I can tell Zombies are agroing randomly from far out, sometimes just the individual even if there are others closer which don't become agroed.

Even after the latest patch, I'm still seeing some ridiculous sight range.

Realistic "Zombies" with custom animations - These once human creatures will act and behave as if they have a heighten sense of hearing and smell but less sight

These changes can't honestly be intentional.

The original bug report actually says he was crouching, not prone, in a field 200 meters away. So no I think your wrong. I am getting aggro further away while crouched, but my head is entirely visible and visibilty stay at like 70% or something in daytime while crouched. So I was pointing out that this seems reasonable, unless zombie's are all meant to have cataracts or something.

Just for the record, 200m isnt that far. It's 1/5th of 1km. I mean, I can see players about 3 miles away in this game sometimes.

Just for the record I am not trolling, I just read the original post. I probably shouldn't be posting on bug reports though, so I will refrain from commenting on any others before I get a slap from the admins.

the thing is you agro zombies from 150m away you see them run at you through zombies that are less than 50m away from you and thats waht this bug is about its random but you get agro from zombies and 200m that run thought zombies that are way closer to you than the one that was farther out

According to the changelogs they lowered 20% but its still very broken they can see you from about 200-100 meters xD

I haven't had a chance to play, since my home server (with my camp) has been out of date since friday. I will report back if they ever update it and I am able to play.

i was crouching behind a vehicle not even moving and out in the field about 100-150m a zombies aggro'd and came running right at me. something is up with it still :|.

Oh no zombies can see 100m-300m in broad daylight boooohooooo, do you know how short a distance 100m is? Do you want them to blind?!

It is suppose to be hard, and it is currently not even hard enough. So much crying.

I'm getting this too, zombies that I cant see are seeing me, from very large distances. Whilst crouched walking/still. Its making the game un-navigable in many cases.

When raiding Balota Airstrip a few patches back, the main concern would be checking for other players, not zombies spotting you on the top floor of the coms-tower and charging across the airstrip at you. I think that now the risk/reward factor is completely out of balance, The risk of going anywhere, far outweighs the rewards of going there. Small towns are a complete no go now, as there is very rarely anything that will be worth the 1000+ blood im likely to loose as its impossible to sneak your way through the town without a few zeds charging at you from miles away.

Oh no zombies can see 100m-300m in broad daylight boooohooooo, do you know how short a distance 100m is? Do you want them to blind?!

It is suppose to be hard, and it is currently not even hard enough. So much crying.

Its also meant to be a fun game, and therefore have some intelligently thought out game mechanics. Sure, if the devs make it super realistic, there will be 10x the zombies wandering around and they will charge at you in hordes from 100s of feet away, but that will make the rewards of playing the game too low to maintain anything but an extremely hardcore fan-base. IMO, From a game design standpoint, Zeds need to be more of an obstacle than a direct threat, and I think that's what they are meant to be, hence me thinking this is a bug/some numbers that are slightly wrong.

• Like 1

We, the humans, have problem distinguishing stuff for zombies at 200m because of ARMA 2's blurry field of view. The zombies are supposed to have significantly reduced sight range according to the homepage info, yet they have the same vision range.

Not to mention they seem to be able to see perfectly through bushes, tall grass, shrubs, leaves, trees.

Edited by TheJanitor

We, the humans, have problem distinguishing stuff for zombies at 200m because of ARMA 2's blurry field of view. The zombies are supposed to have significantly reduced sight range according to the homepage info, yet they have the same vision range.

Not to mention they seem to be able to see perfectly through bushes, tall grass, shrubs, leaves, trees.

And they are still spawning in solid objects and hitting you for superman damage (8k blood) in a single swing.

This also brings up room for another issue, zombie rubber-banding, and how difficult it makes to take out a zombie with a gun.

I.E: I watched a zombie chase a player accross cherno the other day and seen the zombie rubber-banding, I doubt this was my connection as the ping was only like 36ms (playing on my ISP servers).

Edited by Mr Zee

I was sitting on the hill overlooking the power station in Elektro, crouched and completely still. A zombie that was down in front of the red doors spotted me and made a beeline up the hill towards me.

This kind of post is hardly constructive.. If you don't have something to contribute, keep your trap shut. No reason to be a jerk.

As for further comments regarding the aggro radius, I haven't had a chance to test our the newest patch yet, but hopefully tonight I'll be able to see how the patch has altered their agro Behaviors,

Will post back for sure with more comments.

When posting in this thread to include as many details as you possibly can so that the dev's can get a better understanding of what we are talking about. (If you record your play, and have video footage of abnormal zombie aggro (from hundreds of meters away, behind buildings, etc... (Edit: RECENT FOOTAGE (from the current beta patch)) post it here so that the dev's can see what we are talking about)

Edited by beepharoni