Sign in to follow this  
Redrick (DayZ)

I feel ill...

So, I just had my first massacre today. Now, I'm the kind of guy that doesn't shoot until fired upon. I don't like killing people if I dont have to, but today I need clarification that I did right.

What went down was this: I spawn in cherno, doing some looting, expecting me to get shot, no big deal. Welp, I came across an AK and 2 magazines, so bringing that I out I head to the fire hall. Going up and down the stairs, I end up come out front to have shots fired upon me. I think it's one guy, so I head back around and climb the ladder while I have time. At the roof of the firehouse, I see a group of 4 men. I level 3 of them, 2 with my Ak, the other one with the help of a zombie. The last one comes up behind me I guess trying to be badass, but I get the jump on him and level him as well.

I take the guy's behind me stuff and head off.

Now, I have two questions:

1. The other 3 bodies, they were gone! All within two minutes time, is that really the time the body despawns, or did these guys fucking disconnect?

2. Would you have done the same in my situation? Like I said before, I dont like killing if I don't have to, but I feel they didn't leave me a choice in the matter.

3. I've now got 4 murders under my belt, and no doubt people will hear the heartbeat. How can I make up for this?

Edited by Redrick

I have the same problem, i look like a murder just because i defended myself. I don't think you can do anything about it, not yet. Maybe in the next version...

The bodies probably disappeared because they alt-f4'd....

I have the same problem, i look like a murder just because i defended myself. I don't think you can do anything about it, not yet. Maybe in the next version...

The bodies probably disappeared because they alt-f4'd....

I thought of that, but then if thats true why do I have 4 murders? Even if they d/c'd their bodies would still be there right?

I thought of that, but then if thats true why do I have 4 murders? Even if they d/c'd their bodies would still be there right?

I think it's a known bug, sometimes bodies instantly vanish, regardless of someone DCing, sometimes not.

My corpse has instantly de-spawned and I've never combat logged, so...

If you press escape, abort, disconnect then your body will still be there. If you press alt-f4 then your body and backpack is removed immediately. Some ppl do that to prevent others from taking their equipment, just so that their killer can't profit from the kill...

My body has despawned before without combat logging. I have never combat logged before. I admit I've done it due to buggy zombies or glitches, but that's really it. I got dropped from a side flank one day from a 50, and I heard the shot and sent my 2 squad mates around to get him. They did. In a matter of about 5 minutes since they rushed his position with automatics and used the close quarters to their advantage against a sniper. This went down in all of 5 minutes, and I didn't excessively respawn or anything, and my body was gone. On it, an M24 and I was carrying a squadies Mk48 Mod 0 with 2 belts. Oh well.

You killed them so you got the murders, Then they Alt F4'd to stop you getting their stuff.

Losers deserved to die, congrats.