On par with what some posted here, it should be possible for us to track pcs and npcs.

Footprints should be left when walking on dirt or upon transition from dirt to asphalt. Same to animals

Bleeding should leave a pool or track of blood

Dead unlooted bodies should have birds signalling their position, imcreasing conflicta

Bush and grass should lie down if stomped

Gunshots should leave bloodstains that allow us to determine the angle

Exit and entry wounds

Varying appearence of wounds, signalling zombie, blade, rifle or sniper attack

Consumed food should be left on the ground, like empty cans or rotting meat

Noticeable bulletholes, with more sepctacular appearence as damage increases

Dragging trail left by zeds

These small details should allow a quick read of the environment, making This a true survival game, and increasing immersion

• Like 4

Gunshots should leave bloodstains that allow us to determine the angle

Exit and entry wounds

Dragging trail left by zeds

Unless you want a forensic sceince team in the game, the determining angle thing could probably go.

The second one however, should be expanded upon. I never thought about zombies just sitting there eating you after you're knocked down. Would be cool if they could drag your body back to multiple other zombies. Perhaps take you out of line of sight of your friends after you get hit or shot. Would be nice to have to put in a little bit of work to save your teammate, instead of just being able to sit back and shoot from afar without any risk of dying from a zed.

More ideas

Birds pecking dead animals

Shells or cartridge being more permanent and visible

If a zombie ate a player there should be a carcass, not a body (allowing destruction of evidence)

Blood and wounds should appear on An Alive player, allowing us to judge his condition

Also there should be a redder nose and ill face for ill players

Any player with low stats should have a paler look

Cold players should have their character shiver

Famined players should have a bonier face (done with textures)

Scope glint or glare, believe it or not this is a real life problem. Glare to binoculars also

Edited by IzYouFaggot

I'm pretty sure most of these are not possible because of the ArmA 2 engine. Maybe in a standalone release?

I do think that bleeding somewhere should leave a bloodpool or even a bloodtrail, as this seems like it could be implemented. Stuff like footprints though, pretty sure you can't do it (or it would be a huge strain on the engine resulting in massive performance drop).

Edited by vesmo

I liked some of your ideas, but some are blatantly stupid and reminds me of CSI and forensics. I do like the footprints idea and trails of blood when bleeding.

None of these were CSI inspired, im just posting stuff id search for in a real life scenario

Oh, you could add some sort of bounty to the top bandits, which would give a reward to the player who would kiil him.

I'm thinking like a military organization broadcasting a message or placing speakers and screens on the major settlements, that would indicate the bounty.

Players who succesfuly shot and killed the bounty got an airdrop at those same systems when they arrived

It might not be all that realistic but after most humans got killed some people eventually self organized no?

Oh and only people who accepted the bounty would receive such reward. Plus you would get an hud indicator whenever the bounty was within your eyesight and was in a distance inferior to 100 m

Edited by IzYouFaggot