Sign in to follow this  
dehlome (DayZ)

L85A2 AWS spawning at crash site but not really there

Date/Time: 7/10/12 about 9 AM EST

What happened: I was at a heli crash site where I was looking around for gear when I saw pick up L85A2 AWS. I thought this was funny since it was removed so I went into the gear section where an error popped up about no image or something. On the gear menu, there was a 1 with a blank next to it, I assumed this was the L85 so I decided to not pick up to be safe. Just wondering if its old or something, was odd nonetheless.

Where you were: Near Polana

What you were doing: Looting a chopper crash site

*Current installed version: 1.7.2

*Server(s) you were on: Chicago 118 (Hosted by DzT)

Didn't include the other info since it was not necessary. Thank you for your time!

i actually saw this exact same thing too, it was an item spawn with no visible items but i could select it. there were two blank spaces that i could select, but i didnt put them in my inventory. I thought it was two invisible magazines, but it prob was actually a l85 with a stanag mag

Just found a L85 on crashsite also, same problem as above stated, also when i tried to pick it up I got some error message

Used the torrent file with 1.7.2 so im sure I got all the files and latest beta patch

same here... found L85 yesterday at crash site for the first time after updating to 1.7.2 and 94444 beta. I saw the L85 laying on the ground, but when I approached it, while wearing nvg's, my view got darker and darker untill I almost saw nothing. picking it up via "take L85A2..." didnt work. when i tried to pick it up via "gear" there was an empty slot in the inventory list with a "1" infront of it displayed but there was no weapon icon and no name for the gun displayed.

I've read elsewhere that the L85 was patched out with 1.7.2 is that confirmed? then i guess it was patched out so that you cannot use it anymore because it will not be displayed in inventory but it is still in the database of weapons which can spawn at a crash site.

Edited by CommanderBoiled

Thought id post some screens of this bug that i took:

L85 On the Ground:

l85a2aws-1.jpg

L85 in the command menu:

l85a2aws-1.jpg

L85 with no icon when u press g on it:

l85a2aws-3.jpg

I've found two L85A2's so far. I haven't had any luck picking them up so far.

I found another one just a while ago and it didn't work now either, so I decided to took pictures of it as well.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/1153170434483793192/C9924E76429473940B61760DBF6BB47004CCBA28/

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/1153170434483808098/B3DC37CAB2F5EC6E5E11FA4BEB60FCA039363C47/

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/1153170434483800583/299789FC0E9660D785528BEB30C3527CD5009FCE/

I can just press F to switch into L85A2 and F again to switch into my primary weapon. The L85A2 really doesn't do anything, it just locks into targets when I rightclick.

I'm not sure at all if this is the anything related to your problem(s), but I didn't feel like doing a new thread of this.

Exact same thing happend to me and a mate last night. Kinda enoying.

~zky

i can also confirm this bug, L85AWS was on the ground next to the heli but I get a pop-up error message when i tried to pick it up.

Almost cost my life with the new Zed spawn speed but I'm glad they removed that weapon, the thermal imaging was hugely overpowered.

I picked one up tonight, got the " You cannot play/edit this mission; it depends on content that has been deleted....' you know the drill. So, seeing the error I decided to log out then back in, but when I logged back in it was gone from my back.

I'm on the latest patch