Sign in to follow this  
t3hnoob

is there even a point in going to nw airfield?

both times i went there i got shot after looting both barracks,all i found in total was an akm,2 870's, an m16, (i can get all out those at deerstands or stary tents) and a m4a3 cco...but on the m4 i wasn't able to even get out the door before someone shot me...is this normal? finding things you can get elsewhere in MUCH safer places?

should i even be trying? am i missing something?

Edited by t3hnoob

Crashed heli sites have the best loot and you are usually safe to approach them.

Crashed heli sites have the best loot and you are usually safe to approach them.

Really?

Have you not seen half of the ambush's on youtube due to players rushing helicopter crash site loots?

They're basically free kills for professional players.

Its luck really, sometimes its very dangerous with crap loot sometimes its empty with amazing loot.

The best way to do it is with a decent sized team that way you reduce the chance of been killed and have cover while you farm loot.

But since i'm a loner, I just take my time on the approach and when its clear I just hit the 2 barracks and get the hell out of there.

Heli crash sites are much better(so long as it hasn't all been looted) and a lot safer but there are still things that you can only get in the barracks in NW airfield(or players).

Edited by MurQ
  • Like 1

They can definitely be worth it, but you have to be quick - as in dont hang around once you find some good loot.

the nw airfield is a good place to go if you have a team but if you don't i would not go there unless you are on a server with low people. also helicopter crash sites are hard to find since they have random spawns but the best loot. i would suggest staying around cherno or electro until you have half decent supplies and then head up north to stary sobor and getting good loot, also check around pedrovka north of aw airfield it is where allot of people keep their camps but the town itself has horrible loot so stay out of the town its a wast of time.

I also use this map to see which places to hit and to find where to find all the good loot.

http://dayzdb.com/map#2.062.090

• Like 1

I'd say no.. no point going there for gear. Go there to hunt people or snipers or the thrill of the risk.. but its not worth it for the gear imo.

Edited by MadTommy

Really?

Have you not seen half of the ambush's on youtube due to players rushing helicopter crash site loots?

They're basically free kills for professional players.

Thing is, NW airfield is a stationary loot spot whereas heli crashes are random spawns and much rarer. I'm not saying they're safe... but they CAN BE safer due to being in the middle of the wilderness. Also, because of the fact that heli crashes change positions on different servers (that is, upon server restart they spawn in different locations and thus a crash will not be 100% at the same place across all servers) you don't have to worry about server hoppers. I agree that they're in no way safe... but they are SAFER...

Is not it so that crash sites are random distributed over the servers but on a specific server they are allways at the same position?

I heard about people who wait until their server (or servers) restart and then just visit all the known crash sites again. So you can expect that the crash sites are either empty or someone is just approaching to them.

Is not it so that crash sites are random distributed over the servers but on a specific server they are allways at the same position?

I heard about people who wait until their server (or servers) restart and then just visit all the known crash sites again. So you can expect that the crash sites are either empty or someone is just approaching to them.

Nope. Whenever a server restarts the crash sites change. They have set places they CAN spawn (there are supposedly tons of them, which more or less equals every open field large enough). Yes, there are people that use maps or just memorize past places they've found them to check after a server restart, but it is never guaranteed that a heli will be there. You should still always expect them to be camped, of course. Its just that they are a random spawn and thus are *less* camped than say NW airfield or Stary.

you just have to be lucky .. no need for discussion

iv sniped folks who wer traveling in the wilderness.. who thought they wer save lol

the funny thing is.... you can never really know anythin in this game!

so always watch your back.. front and rear as much as you can..

GUNS KILL

what you expect... walkin round with all these guns and not get shot?

Edited by Mitchellkillsallyall

Nope. Whenever a server restarts the crash sites change. They have set places they CAN spawn (there are supposedly tons of them, which more or less equals every open field large enough). Yes, there are people that use maps or just memorize past places they've found them to check after a server restart, but it is never guaranteed that a heli will be there. You should still always expect them to be camped, of course. Its just that they are a random spawn and thus are *less* camped than say NW airfield or Stary.

ok thanks for explaining

I think it's a pretty popular destination and players will try to get on low-populated, possibly night servers to try to travel through it safely... only they don't realize that there are bandits who know that mindset and will purposely camp on low-pop servers and wait there for them.

the nw airfield is a good place to go if you have a team but if you don't i would not go there unless you are on a server with low people

I would disagree with that statement. On full servers everybody is deathmatching at Ch or El. While on low-pop servers everybody is rushing to NWAF. Just search the forums. I remember one story where there were 5 people on the server and all five of them got a fight at NWAF. A can assure you that on full servers I was sprint running in the middle of NWAF shooting Zeds with AKM on full auto. I felt like that guy on demotivator: Went off the northern airfield without a scratch - forever alone.

Edited by void_false

If you go solo to either NW Airfield or Heli crashes you are not safe... Bandits snipe both and tbh heli crashes are in the middle of an open field... Easy target practice if you run out there a lone.

i went solo everywhere during the first month or so that i had this game, including the nw airfield and stary both on several occasions. i only ever got killed by n00bs camping the shore when i would spawn.

and i call them n00bs cause that type of kill takes the least skill

All the loot found in the NW airfield can be found in multiple locations in the map.

Honestly, go there if you want to be shot at it; that's all it's good for.

It's only worth it (depending on the loot you find of course) if you wanna become more than a casual player.

I have lots of fun with simple gear, and i get that feeling that every time i get something above average i start to play too careful and the game stops being fun.

It's always your call, there is a lot of risk, but it can be rewarding. In my personal experience, i rather not go there, because you will get killed anyway. LOL.

yesterday in the north baracks at the NW airfield i think i had the best day ANYONE could wish for. In 1 run i got an M4 CCO SD, a SVD dragnov camo, GPS AND a set of NVGs!!!!!

Just my luck though as on my way back to my cap i lost it all in a bloody Puddle! lol