Sign in to follow this  
Lith

Desyncing - My server or hive?

I'm thinking it's the Hive since it has started since 1.7.2 but also I've never really "filled" my server much before this patch. I've had it to about 30-35 on average. I'm noticing random desyncing where it doesn't even show the icon for it but people/zombies around me stop and run in place. I disconnect and reconnect back to my server and it hangs a bit on receiving data and then eventually goes and lets me back in for a while without problems. After about 30m-45m it seems to start again. I have plenty of bandwidth because during these times my other TF2 servers and TS3 run just fine on the same box. I've even done a speedtest while it's going on and am getting more then 60MBPS up and down while DayZ is full (50) and there's other games full on my box. Resources are fine, we never go over 40% cpu usage and only use about 10% of our RAM. I'm also clearing logs and rotating every night with reboots every 12 hours. I know 6 hours is recommended but it was doing this yesterday shortly following many reboots. If it's determined to be my box, is there anything more I can do to the arma2.cfg to grant it more bandwidth? I'm using the default specs now:

MinBandwidth=104857600;

MaxBandwidth=104857600;

MaxMsgSend=1024;

MaxSizeGuaranteed=512;

MaxSizeNonguaranteed=64;

MinErrorToSendNear=0.029999999;

MinErrorToSend=0.003;

MaxCustomFileSize=0;

Windowed=0;

adapter=-1;

3D_Performance=1;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

Hi Lith,

I remove the arma config you pulled these from and let it auto create when I start the server so I have pretty much nothing but the last 4 lines in mine.

As for the cause I believe from my own experience it is server side and not the hive, I mean you do get it on packed (40+) vanilla ARMA2 servers.

Someone might have more of an insight however.

Cheers

DJ

Thanks DJ, I'll try that.

Unfortunately, after the last patch I have the same problems with my server PL 3 I also know that the servers PL 1 and PL 2 have the same problem. In my case before the patch DayZ server has used around 20mbit upload and now with the same configuration is 3-4 times more. I changed the setting in the arma2.cfg but each time the server sends as much as he pleases. Before changes where I had 50 players on server upload was around 20mbit it now at certain moments 60-80Mbit? Someone explain me this?

I am 100% sure that is hive issue.

Edited by SeyBee

Unfortunately, after the last patch I have the same problems with my server EN 3 I also know that the servers PL 1 and PL 2 have the same problem. In my case before the patch DayZ server has used around 20mbit upload and now with the same configuration is 3-4 times more. I changed the setting in the arma2.cfg but each time the server sends as much as he pleases. Before changes where I had 50 players on server upload was around 20mbit it now at certain moments 60-80Mbit? Someone explain me this?

I am 100% sure that is hive issue.

I haven't looked at my peak upload since the 1.7.2 release but I'll have a check tonight - I have however noticed a slight increase in the red chain icons displaying but no one has reported any real dysnc's happening.

Cheers

DJ

Our server was doing much the same last night (DE141), had no issues prior to update now suddenly everything is massively desync'd to the point it's unplayable. Sometimes you get the red/yellow dc symbol, others you don't. Nothing else config wise was changed so it's either something to do with the server update, or it's something to do with the hive update.

My server is experiencing the same issue. Since 1.7.2 desync happens very often and for a long time. I didn't see this with 1.7.1.5 this frequent.

Sometimes there is also a problem to connect to the server for some players, and the server often "disconnects" for a couple of seconds and doesn't save the items in tents, inventory and vehicles. Same thing happens sometimes to the player position. After logging out and logging in again, you spawn on the pos, where you have been 15 mins ago...

It's definitely not the server itself, cause the other dedicated servers running on the same machine are ok. It's just the DayZ server.

Same Issue. I suggest it's a Problem with the last Updates. First we should use the 0.6.1 Hive, then we all rolled back to 0.4.1. Now all Clients have already 1.7.2 but we are still using the old Serverfiles. I can only imagine that the Clients try to send Information to the Server which the Server don't understand. So the Server will be hammered by his own Clients :)

Hiya,

I run one of the newer Multiplay servers and have had the same issues as above. Last night we had a lot of red / yellow dc symbols coming in and things disappearing and re-appearing again. I restarted thinking it was the server, however when a few of us logged back on we were miles away from where we logged out and had lost gear we had found. So does seem to be a syncing issue.

Since the patch our server (SK 1) desyncs a LOT. Never had any problems before patch. We've found that the only way to fix is a hard reset and followed by a soft reset.

Lot of trouble but seems to work most of the time!

I feel better that it's not my server with everyone else posting. However, I did lower the slots to 40 and have deleted my arma2.cfg and let the game rebuild it. Guess we'll see if that helps. I'm assuming with no min/max bandwidth that it's going to give the server all the bandwidth it wants? Shouldn't matter since I had so much to spare. I'll post the results. Wish a mod dev would chime in and state whether it could be hive load or not still though.

every hours the same shit... but my server dont have a high ping... i think the 1.7.2 patch is the problem?

13:00:24 Player GummYsGER kicked off by BattlEye: Ping too high (188)

13:00:24 Player JaxOJohn kicked off by BattlEye: Ping too high (172)

13:00:24 Player Mr.Worldwide kicked off by BattlEye: Ping too high (172)

13:00:24 Player Jan kicked off by BattlEye: Ping too high (172)

13:00:24 Player linko994 kicked off by BattlEye: Ping too high (172)

13:00:24 Player PatrickSutt kicked off by BattlEye: Ping too high (172)

13:00:25 Player PatrickSutt disconnected.

13:00:25 Player Mr.Worldwide disconnected.

13:00:25 Player linko994 disconnected.

13:00:25 Player JaxOJohn disconnected.

13:00:25 Player Jan disconnected.

13:00:25 Player GummYsGER disconnected.

13:00:28 Player kille'm zombiz kicked off by BattlEye: Ping too high (734)

13:00:28 Player kille'm zombiz disconnected.

13:00:31 Player mdeorama kicked off by BattlEye: Ping too high (344)

13:00:31 Player Sidney kicked off by BattlEye: Ping too high (359)

13:00:31 Player Dendy76 kicked off by BattlEye: Ping too high (359)

13:00:31 Player Sidney disconnected.

13:00:31 Player Dendy76 disconnected.

13:00:31 Player mdeorama disconnected.

13:00:33 Player Smaond kicked off by BattlEye: Ping too high (328)

13:00:33 Player Mr. BRATWURST kicked off by BattlEye: Ping too high (312)

Been having exact same issue with our server since update. Been frantically tweaking the server settings to try and resolve the issue but to no avail. It's good to know we are not alone with these massive desyncs since the last update. We had a few desync issues prior to the update but that's usual for ArmA. But after the patch there's most definitely a massive increase in "moonwalking" and desyncs.

The desync's on US 350 have gotten dramatically worse since the new patch, prior to this patch we had no issues. Now the desync is constant and the game almost unplayable.

Atlanta 69 has the same desync issues. It crashed one point on Tuesday and 6 of us in the car logged back in at different places/times. I spawned with the gear I had and at the location I was at minutes before the crash, while others from my group spawned on the other side of the map with gear they had 3 hours previously.

I'd hate to rollback for this. Minus the desync issues, the server performance and utilization is much lower then 1.7.1.5. Also can anyone confirm that the issues disappear on 1.7.1.5? Hell I don't even have my old Hive file saved anywhere. Could you even use the old Hive file to connect?

On my server after installing 1.7.2 version CPU usage increased from 30% to 50% !!! (Core2Quad 9650@3.5Ghz+8GB RAM). Upload earlier was within the limits of 20Mbit and now average is 40-50Mbit. In peak moments is 80Mbit.

Rocket please fix this asap

On my server after installing 1.7.2 version CPU usage increased from 30% to 50% !!! (Core2Quad 9650@3.5Ghz+8GB RAM). Upload earlier was within the limits of 20Mbit and now average is 40-50Mbit. In peak moments is 80Mbit.

Rocket please fix this asap

Yes I've seen an increase in CPU usage pretty much the same as this. Server RPT file is pretty much full of "message pending" messages which is what I assume is caused when it can't communicate with Hive correctly.

Ouch SeyBee. I haven't been on mine to see. Will tonight.

Well seems a bit better. Only 1 time it has desynced tonight and it was very brief. I'm running at 40 slots instead of 50.

Hiya,

I run one of the newer Multiplay servers and have had the same issues as above. Last night we had a lot of red / yellow dc symbols coming in and things disappearing and re-appearing again. I restarted thinking it was the server, however when a few of us logged back on we were miles away from where we logged out and had lost gear we had found. So does seem to be a syncing issue.

Same issue tonight with our group of 3 persons on DE #29 (MultiplayGameservers).

Tons of desync, server lost connection 3 times in 2 hours and each time we were rolled back to our "last saved" positions, miles away from each other.

I hope this can be fixed.

The server was nowhere near overloaded, there was only 7 people online most of the time.

Now we just logged out after 8 hours of play, including finding each other for 3 times :D and suddenly we can't enter any of the MultiplayGameservers. It says "Connecting failed".

FYI, my timezone is GMT+2 (DST)

Edit: I am able to access other DayZ servers, just not the ones from Multiplay.

Edited by Tex Willer