L33tmoaf

Spawned in Debug Zone

Date/Time:

2012/07/04 3:19 PM EST

What happened:

Spawned in the wilderness without my Ghillie Suit but still have my weapons on me. Lost my tent and supplies.

Where you were:

Was originally east from Novoy Sobor, in the mountains of Lesnoy Khrebet.

What you were doing:

After 1.7.2 update, logged into server US229 as usual to play DayZ.

*Current installed version:

94444 1.7.2

*Server(s) you were on:

US229

*Your system specs:

Ati HD 7970

Phenom x2 955 BE

8GB Ram

Windows 7 x64

*Timeline of events before/after error:

logged in 1:25(ish) AM (New York/ East Coast time) and then saw that i'm spawned in Debug Zone. Logged out 1:30(ish) AM and now writing as we speak on this forum. If you need pics for further aid I will provide.

Happened to me as well. Playing on EU17 server which is now also has a name change to DE110 EU17. Weird things! patch was saying no more debug forest crap.

i have this problem as well, logged into server, lost my camo, still have my gear, and out in the debug zone

Also spawned in Debug forest. First time it's happened to me and happened 2nd respawn after having my Ghillie suit removed. running V1.7.2 on an up to date server.

Don't see any point of supplying What I was doing , what server and system specs etc, all of that's irrelevant. Thought ths update was susposed to fix corrupted data on login in and obviously it wasn't because of the ghillie because I had no issue previously when wearing one.

I am also experiencing the debug plains bug.

I was in the debug plains for a couple weeks, unable to play for 1.7.1.5.

I updated to 1.7.2 through Six Updater yesterday on it's release. I played for a few minutes successfully (WHOOOHOO). I then had a disconnect and crashed when my Windows 7 Firewall asked me for permission to allow access to the internet for the game.

I came back on and have been put back in the debug wilderness. I have tried a half dozen servers, all the same.

Is there any other info I can provide to help fix this? It's been weeks and I have literally gotten 2 mins of playtime in and now back in the debug land.

I'm running Steam version of Arma2 with all Steam versions of addons (OA, BAF, PMC).

Running the current beta.

Windows 7. Nvidia GTX 260, Graphics drivers updated.

Not sure of all the servers I tried yesterday, but tonight I was in debug on Seattle 118.

I did NOT have a ghillie suit. I have a Czech backpack still with some medical supplies and food in it. I have a toolbelt with map, compass, flashlight, knife. My main gear, (AKM and .45 revolver included) disappeared a few weeks ago when I originally ended up in debug land.

*EDIT* added...I can't remember but I think back in 1.7.1.4 I found a military suit of some sort. I notice my charactar is not wearing the usual spawn blue jeans etc. I have on camo and no sleeves butit is not a ghillie suit.

ANything else helpful?

Edited by Slyder73
  • Like 1

same thing. spawned in debug desert without my gear and my ghillie suit

Yesterday I spawned Debugforst, too. Thought: "nooo my nvg, m4cco sd...." Smashed ESC+AltF4. Joined another server... back on old position.. "Phew... what a lucky boy you are"

Same thing here...

I just spawned in the wilderness...

But i WONT kill myself....

I have AS50, nightvision, m9 sd and many more...

How can i leave the wilderness ??

I spawned on many servers... everytime wilderness

My equip:

(and awesome stuff in backback)

123kkk.jpg

Edited by PrivateGameMaster

Just happened to me, lost everything i had, no real loss since i only had a enfield.

Tried a few other servers and still the same, i take it the only to fix is to respawn?

Same thing here...

I just spawned in the wilderness...

But i WONT kill myself....

I have AS50, nightvision, m9 sd and many more...

How can i leave the wilderness ??

I spawned on many servers... everytime wilderness

My equip:

(and awesome stuff in backback)

123kkk.jpg

You have a GPS so look where you are and travel back onto the actual map. I did this yesterday and it took me about 1:15 hours. I used two or three food and water and only used them as soon as my blood level began to drop. So there is an escape from the debug plains but it costs some time. For those of you not having a GPS but an ingame map: try to place a waypoint with shift + left click somewhere on the map. It will show you a waypoint on your hud (with travel distance). If you just have a compass: try to travel east south east. If you don't have anything of them: try to navigate using the sun and a watch. If you don't have a watch either: click respawn in the menu because without even a watch you can't have good equipent. :-P As soon as you are back on map it seems safe to log out. I traveled from the debug plains to somewhere near Zelenogorsk and logged out there. After i logged in, i spawned where i logged out (near Zelenogorsk). So good luck. :-)

So the same thing has happened to me numerous times and usualy i just restart, once before i managed to join one of the few Canadian servers (before 1.7.2) and get into debug forest, but every time im well over 20km, sometimes even 30km and its really starting to ruin the game for me as im not even playing to survive anymore, just to wait till i have to suicide.. Maybe a large amount of attention could be shifted to this issue as it is quite a game breaker :s any effort is greatly appreciated :)

Also to my question i would like answered, is it possible to have my current character ported back to where he was originally? i had some really nice gear and had just arrived at a barn to give my mate (who i accidentally killed) his gear back when i changed to his server and was 30km's away with very limited food and water so i cant even run back :( i would run back and test my luck but after testing on a server with waypoints, after logging out halfway i was teled straight back to where i was to begin with :(

If so my character id is 21710022 and the barn i was at was the closest barn heading north west to Komarovo, along the road that heads north out of that town. As i said the reason why i dont want to restart is i finally found some decent gear after hours of play with a friend and now after having it for all of 10 minutes from getting it, killing my mate, to running down to give him his gear, im stuck in the middle of no where with no way of getting back. Please would love a teleport, will give you a cookie!!! :D

Map: mapzl.png

Shot at 2012-07-11

Gear: gear2t.png

Shot at 2012-07-11

gear1.png

Shot at 2012-07-11

You have a GPS so look where you are and travel back onto the actual map. I did this yesterday and it took me about 1:15 hours.

Thanks sooo much !! <3

I didnt know that u can "easy" go in the normal world :)

love ya

For some it might work walking back. But I'm 29 km from the closest point of the playable map. I have walked partway but it takes too long and really isn't any fun. I've killed myself to try to respawn and ended up 29km from the playzone, no matter how much closer I've walked. No point walking for an hour and a half to get to play just to have to spawn back out there if I die.

Even when I've respawned from out there I have not lost the back and toolbelt items I have. I'ts really bugged and I agree this should be a priority fix. I imagine if this many people are posting here and reading it, there are many more who never post and are also experiencing the debug bug. And most players who play DayZ will never come to the forums, so many of them will also have this issue.

For some it might work walking back. But I'm 29 km from the closest point of the playable map. I have walked partway but it takes too long and really isn't any fun. I've killed myself to try to respawn and ended up 29km from the playzone, no matter how much closer I've walked. No point walking for an hour and a half to get to play just to have to spawn back out there if I die.

Yes that solution is only for those who don't want to lose their equipment. What i noticed during my trip was that logging out before you are back on the map, you respawn just where you started. This means you have to do the whole trip in one session. So keep an eye on server reboot times. I don't even know if it works for everyone. At least it worked for me. ^^

This same crap has happened me again,

Server LU172

Version 1.7.2

Time about 1am.

Was in Guglova on an ATV, server restarted, logged back in, and BOOM, this debug plains.

Tried trying several servers, tried going back to 1.7.1.5, all the usual tricks, just not happening.

Refusing to respawn, cause I litterally have the best gear in the game.

NVG's,

Rangefinder,

GPS,

AS50,

M4A1 CCO,

camo (Not wearing it, just in bag)

One of my friends is driving an ATV towards me, hope to god he makes it.

Fed up of this damn bug. Its clearly not fixed. And keeps happening to me. None of my friends get it what so ever. ARG.