Sign in to follow this  
Dagoth Wit

Zeds shouldn't aggro because they heard you

Something my friend and I have been discussing is making the zombies not completely aggro on players when they hear sounds.

It doesn't make a whole lot of sense for zombies to immediately know where you are based on sound and then haul ass to you. They should be alerted to the area of the sound the same way they are when you throw whiskey bottles. They should maybe run at half speed toward the sound. If they see you, then they aggro.

• Like 5

True, they should especially not aggro just because they heard something. They would investigate and then only aggro when they see you.

• Like 3

Sounds fair, as long as they investigate whats making the sound still its a good idea.

When i sneak then run a couple of steps then sneak away it gives the reaction that the zed runs for the sound but when iam not there he just starts to walk around again.

I use this when iam out o cans and it usualy works if he doesent gets a visual on me.

You are aware that zombies were never meant to be in Arma 2, so it's amazing what the developers have done. I agree that the zombies need some work done on them, but something like this could already be in the pipe line.

I agree

Have sound cause investigation. Perhaps a gunshot should wield the Zed around alot faster than a gentle footstep.

Have only sight cause aggro.

Anything else and we should at least start with a weak melee weapon.

I agree with the OP on this. However I think that the developers are doing a great job at the moment with regular updates!

I'd like to see this happen, at the moment the zombies aren't exactly what i'd call "realistic"

You are aware that zombies were never meant to be in Arma 2, so it's amazing what the developers have done. I agree that the zombies need some work done on them, but something like this could already be in the pipe line.

These kinds of statement don't really help. Unless they tell us they're working on something, we have no idea what they're thinking about. Maybe they didn't think of this. Maybe this post helps put the idea in their head.

Any obvious human sounds need to cause aggro. Shooting, is one of those. But foot steps? There are tons of zombies walking around each other and there is no distiguishing difference from the footsteps. Now, sprinting should atleast cause a zombie to investigate even if its another zombie sprinting. It isnt oridinary for their zombie compadres to be sprinting and they would know something is up.

If they only hear you they should just investigate.... After all its a mass infection not a nuclear holocaust, I wouldn't expect zeds to have super human senses with just a cold.