diresolo

Character Spawns at Previous logout location with previous inventory items

Date/Time: 11.40am GTM -8

What happened:I logged out near electro went into electro and looted what i needed, then logged out at a different location. When i logged back in ALL the items I had looted were gone and I had the previous items that I had before looting electro and I spawned at the previous log out location. Does this everytime I log in and logout at a different location and thanks to this I fucken got shot. This only started after 1.7.2 update

Where you were: Electro

What you were doing: Looting electro too survive

*Current installed version: 1.7.2

*Server(s) you were on: ANZ 4

*Your system specs: better than yours

*Timeline of events before/after error: Oh after I got shot i respawned AGAIN in the same location so that didnt matter! but thanks to this glitch as I stated in a post further down lost a freakin 50 cal!! and the whole town was bone dry

Edited by diresolo

Confirming this, played on a couple of servers (atlanta 47 and US 233 Seattle) since updating to 1.7.2 and after logging out and logging into another server I end up back where I logged out prior to the new patch with my inventory reset to what I had then (minus my ghillie suit obviously).

same thing happened to me. Now i've lost all of my gear to a ghillie suit bug. I never even got to try it on...

same thing just happened to four of us. we made it from cherno to the airfield looting everything on the way, only to have the server restart, which we were patiently waiting for in a barn, only to come back and have everything gone.

Yeah i was there yesterday with you in electro. I was the one with the Aks Kobra if you remember me lol. I was camping around the office, supermarket and hospital area with my friend :). This was a strange bug but not the weirdest one I've seen. Still it was fun to run around not giving a single fuck.

Edited by Dubkipz

hahah yeah it was good not having to worry but I lost so many good items so many times that it made me want too weep...THANKS to this freakin glitch I lost a 50 cal sniper rifle with 60 rounds and a whole bunch of items like gps and a submachine gun and shit[ (this was a few hours later after i came back)....was soooo not impressed...and it took all my resources to kill that bastard with a hatchet ...and shoot his friend with the 50 cal (no scope :D)

I've exactly the same problem... it happened today when i relogged on the same server, i was on the beach with a new character... i left the game normaly yesterday after playing on some just updated 1.7.2 servers.

First i thought i was dead... after some wipe or other 1.7.2 bug... so after checking differents server i started again.. jumped from server to server without problems, character saved normally, but when going to some random server (north carolina 22 in this case, and another one.. can't remember the name) i was back in my old character ! still alive ! with all my stuff and at the location where i logged off tomorrrow ! when i go to others server i'm back in my new character...

One of my mate has the same issue, was on beach when he connected tonight !!! i asked him to log on north carolina 22 just to test... and same.. was back in old character. I asked another mate to go on this server.. but it's ok.. same character on both server.

It seems there is really something odd with the hive database... character duplication since the release of 1.7.2

Can you do something and investigate the issue ?

This is a game-breaking bug for me, I have been unwilling to play because I've had 4 characters that were deleted (character disappeared upon re-login and recreated on beach [no male or female option] because of this bug).

Date/Time: July 10, 2012 - 12:01 AM to 4:00 AM

Currently Installed Version: v1.7.2

Servers: Multiple Chicago ones (About 7)

System Specs: Windows 7 64-Bit, 8 GB RAM, AMD Phenom II X4 995 Processor 3.20 GHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 470

Yeaaa, I logged in earlier and was rerolled. Too bad it was hours after I had lost my SVD camo to a hacker and the rerolled character was trashy.

Confirming this as well, happened to me not too long ago.

Logged in, died, instantly spawned with a brand new character with 0 items over my dead body.

I was not wearing Camo/Suit.

*Your system specs: better than yours

Cool, so we know you're incompetent as shit

Where you were: Electro

It's spelled Elektro.

What you were doing: Looting electro too survive

Spelled wrong again, and your grammar is horrible.

Regarding your topic name, when I clicked on it, I thought somebody was making a joke thread saying 'lol i found stuff and logged back on and i wuz on saem plaece adn had saem gear lol'

Figured out it is only happening to those who wear camo or ghillie suit. Your progress (location and loot) will not save.

I, too, can attest to this. It is happening to me today. I thought it may be a server-side issue, however, it would appear that that is not so.

Hopefully it gets fixed. :P

Same here.

Me and my friend was in International Airfield...I had a M107.

We lost everything.

Ditto. I tried on my Gillie, and for the last two days I keep getting sent back to the spot/time I had put it on, with the gear loadout I had at that point. Really frustrating as I've tried to move from that spot 3 times now, only to end back up there. Tried on several servers, got the same thing.

Ditto. I tried on my Gillie, and for the last two days I keep getting sent back to the spot/time I had put it on, with the gear loadout I had at that point. Really frustrating as I've tried to move from that spot 3 times now, only to end back up there. Tried on several servers, got the same thing.

same issue here, also unable to pick up anything from tents or meat from dead cows etc

... Confirmed that this is happening, but I have never worn a camo or ghillie suit.

I pull items from my tent and log off, log back in and they are gone.

I put items from my inventory into the tent and log off, log back in and they are inside my tent and on my character.

I have also had it go both ways with pulling items from the tent to my backpack and having the item still be in my pack when I log back in, and sometimes the item is not there.

So I'm scared to touch my character til this is fixed. Already lost an M4A1 CCO SD to this... who knows what else will be lost.