snipernosniping

Streaming DayZ Issues

Hey guys!

I been streaming DayZ on Twitch.tv and been having issues with sketchy lag on the stream but not in the game. Im not sure what the problem could be with the stream.

Computer Information:

Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965

RAM: 4GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 666MHz(9-9-9-24)

Motherboard: FOXCONN A9DA-S

Graphics: VE248 ASUS Monitor & VK246 ASUS Monitor

Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series

Hard Drive: WD SATA II 733GB Hard Drive

XSPLIT Settings:

Video Encoding:

Present: XSplit Default

Codec: X.264

Quality: 10

VBV Max Bitrate: 3000 *Same as buffer

Resolution: Default

Audio 44.1KHz 16bit Stereo AAC LC Bitrate: 128000

Boxes Check : Interleave Audio and Video in one RTMP

Game Options:

Texture, Terrain, Postprocess effects, video memory, objects, Hadow, and HDR are all set at Normal.

Anisotrophic antialiasing, and vsync are Disabled.

Video of what Im Talking about is at this link: http://www.twitch.tv/bigboy2115/b/324027959

When watching this video pay attention to the sudden stops in the video. If anyone knows how to fix that, please respond. And if you have any recommendations on my next upgrade for my computer that would be nice to know also. :D Thanks guys.

Hey mate,

It's most likely due to factors on your end (internet speed, computer etc).

Do you experience this same issue playing other games?

I've watched some streams before and they occasionally have a lag spike on their stream.

Hope I could help!

Hmm. It's a bit of a tricky one because so many factors can be involved. If your game isn't lagging, only the stream, then it's related to twitch.tv.

Are you able to visibily see the lag spikes when re-watching the stream, or is this only being reported by other user(s)? I'm sure you're aware that in general, streams tend to lag for viewers (depending on their internet connection) but I just want to make sure.

It was reported by another user watching the stream. But the link I posted is my video being replayed back and it is still there. So I believe it has to be something wrong with my end. Personally I think its the RAM. But I could be incorrect.

Or it could be that my graphics card is slightly out of date and can't handle the duel monitors on one graphics card. But its not affecting me as much, its mainly via stream.

Yeah, I'm going to assume that it's due to DayZ and the capacity needed to run it and a stream at the same time.

If you really want to get to the bottom of it, you could try using justin.tv and seeing if the issue still persists.

I was going to initially advise you to turn post-processing effects off, but I decided not to because your game seems to run fine. You can try turning it off, but I'm not sure whether that will help you. It may allow your computer to handle DayZ a bit better, though.

Sorry I couldn't be more of a help!

Cheers.

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965

XSPLIT Settings:

Video Encoding:

Present: XSplit Default

Codec: X.264

Quality: 10

Resolution: Default

Audio 44.1KHz 16bit Stereo AAC LC Bitrate: 128000

Boxes Check : Interleave Audio and Video in one RTMP

What is your broadcast resolution set at? You are probably (for lack of a better word) raping your CPU.

On the main XSplit Broadcaster window, select

"View - Resolution - XXXX x XXX (your resolution here)

Also,

"View - Frame rate - XX.XX fps (your frame rate)

I run an Phenom II X6 processor, and I typically broadcast at 480p to prevent CPU bottlenecking (854 x 480 resolution) and frame rate of 25 fps.

Also, in your channel settings:

This is really high. Also, it means any of your viewers need to be able to "downstream" up to 3 Mbit/s to watch without lagging. I can broadcast a crystal-clear 720p (1280 x 720) feed with VBV Max Bitrate: 2800.

For 480p, I use VBV Max Bitrate of 1800. It gives your viewers a nice video quality, without them needing an awesome connection.

Hope some of this will help you out.

I'm having a problem trying to stream where the only thing that shows up in xsplit is the mouse cursor. I have used Xsplit for Star Craft, Star Wars, League of Legends, and lots of other games but for some reason I can't get the game to show up for the stream at all when I open up DayZ.

Any Ideas what it could be.