Sign in to follow this  
haikaido

How to ditch 1.7.2! Go back to good Ol 1.7.1.5

***EDIT***

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So Thanks to sk3tchbox weve determined its rather easy

http://www.shacknews.com/file/32104/arma...alpha-1715

there.. files for 1.7.1.5

delete everything in your @dayz\addon folder and paste the contents of that .rar

voilá, you reverted

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So lets follow the rules here and ill explain things in the format that this forum requires.

*Which version of the game did you purchase? STEAM or RETAIL or MIXED: Steam and im using Sixa Launcher

*Are you running an Arma 2 OA beta patch? If so what version?:

Newest from 6 launcher

*Which method are you using to launch the game? I.E Sixupdater/steam/batch file: Sixupdater

*What is the Error/Problem you're having? Please provide screenshots if possible: Cant join any servers period and i actually dont like the newest update at all and would like to downgrade.

*Your PC specs:Intel Q6600 @ 3.4Ghz

4 gigs of ram

ATI 6970

*Your Operating System:Windows 7 x64

Okay so my main question is, if im on version 1.7.2 is there an actual way that i can downgrade back to 1.7.1.5? I can join some old servers but i guess rocket decided it would be a great idea to make the screen flash black so you cant see anything for whatever reason on "outdated" servers (which for me 99% of them are and i still cant get into the ones that ARENT greyed out aka old). If anyone has any way to do this i would be very greatful as the main server i ply on said they dont plan to update anytime soon cause so many people hate 1.7.2

Filter for servers with the name 1.7.2 to avoid outdated servers, you can downgrade if you can find the 1.7.1.5 files.

Filter for servers with the name 1.7.2 to avoid outdated servers' date=' you can downgrade if you can find the 1.7.1.5 files.

[/quote']

Well I found the files BUT, when I deleted the old @dayZ folder and replaced it with the older one and tried to launch the game it would throw errors. So now I just plain old uninstalled Arma II OA and im redownloading it. So heres hoping I can just do it this way.

sorry i could not reply earlier.. f***ing activation process... :S

well i hope this does not break any rules, i'm just trying to help the fella..

http://www.shacknews.com/file/32104/arma-2-combined-operations-dayz-alpha-1715

delete everything in your @dayz\addon folder and paste the contents of that .rar

voilá, you reverted

edit: I tried it myself and it worked for me. could get into a server and play.

sorry i could not reply earlier.. f***ing activation process... :S

well i hope this does not break any rules' date=' i'm just trying to help the fella..

http://www.shacknews.com/file/32104/arma-2-combined-operations-dayz-alpha-1715

voilá, you reverted

edit: I tried it myself and it worked for me. could get into a server and play.

[/quote']

trying this now

Weird for me it didnt work O_O. When I launched the game after reverting just like that it gave me errors.

Sick! It worked! Thanks :D

Well then ill change the topic! "How to downgrade to 1.7.1.5" ! Thanks guys :D

awww man. i just alt+tabbed out to report that it worked and i died :(

( •_•)

( •_•)>

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■) My God

I know I am a noob at this, but where is the armadirectory? I have the steam version?

Another confirmation it works.

Directory location for Steam users:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@DayZ\addons

FYI I launched it using Six Launcher, which says 1.7.2 still in top left. But just do not "verify" or anything, just double-click on a 1.7.1.5 server and join it that way.

Cheers

Hey, thanks for providing this.

The problem that i have is that the sounds are completely gone after downgrading. Sound previews in the audio options menu work just fine, but in-game i dont hear anything at all, no footsteps, no weapon sounds, no atmospheric background. Does anyone else have that problem or a solution to this?

Hey, thanks for providing this.

The problem that i have is that the sounds are completely gone after downgrading. Sound previews in the audio options menu work just fine, but in-game i dont hear anything at all, no footsteps, no weapon sounds, no atmospheric background. Does anyone else have that problem or a solution to this?

Strange that it's appeared after downgrading. You must've lost the audio files when downgrading?

I would suggest re-installing, or waiting until 1.7.2.1 is released (it's released at the moment, but it's just a test).

Cheers.

Redid the whole process (Deleted @DayZ Folder -> Reinstalled 1.7.2 via Six -> Tried joining 1.7.2 Server: Sound OK -> Deleted contents of @DayZ/addons -> Extracted 1.7.1.5 there -> joined 1.7.1.5 Server: Sound broken)

Gonna try downloading from a different mirror now, if that doesnt work i have no idea what is causing the problems for me, especially if others are reporting that it works just fine for them.

Edit: Didnt help, guess im stuck.

Edited by Jakal

FYI, this is not a solid way to roll back. This was one of the many attempted measures that I took yesterday to roll back until the 1.7.2.1 update was in full swing release, but I couldn't ever get myself logged into a 1.7.1.5 server, ever. Most of them told me I had deleted material.

I tried this, but I came across way too many issues. First it said i was missing content, then it gave me error codes about a bad serial number. I'm just going to wait till they sort out the issues with the current update before I screw things up even worse.

I tried this and it worked and had a glorious evening of playing 1.7.1.5. But now, after I open six launcher and 1.7.2.3 auto updates, I replaced the addon folder with the 1.7.1.5 but now I can't connect to any 1.7.1.5 servers. It says "Waiting on host" after Arma loads up. I have a feeling it has something to do with the new "Beta 94876" vs. "Beta 94444". Anyone know how to properly roll back from 1.7.2.3?

Edit: It's here, supposedly:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/30635-accidentally-updated-to-94876-fix-inside/

Edited by pkolbo

***EDIT***

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So Thanks to sk3tchbox weve determined its rather easy

http://www.shacknews...ma...alpha-1715

voilá, you reverted

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So lets follow the rules here and ill explain things in the format that this forum requires.

*Which version of the game did you purchase? STEAM or RETAIL or MIXED: Steam and im using Sixa Launcher

*Are you running an Arma 2 OA beta patch? If so what version?:

Newest from 6 launcher

*Which method are you using to launch the game? I.E Sixupdater/steam/batch file: Sixupdater

*What is the Error/Problem you're having? Please provide screenshots if possible: Cant join any servers period and i actually dont like the newest update at all and would like to downgrade.

*Your PC specs:Intel Q6600 @ 3.4Ghz

4 gigs of ram

ATI 6970

*Your Operating System:Windows 7 x64

Okay so my main question is, if im on version 1.7.2 is there an actual way that i can downgrade back to 1.7.1.5? I can join some old servers but i guess rocket decided it would be a great idea to make the screen flash black so you cant see anything for whatever reason on "outdated" servers (which for me 99% of them are and i still cant get into the ones that ARENT greyed out aka old). If anyone has any way to do this i would be very greatful as the main server i ply on said they dont plan to update anytime soon cause so many people hate 1.7.2

I HAVE TO ASK ... siriusly?

Why would you stop testing dayZ? You are the Testers! Stop playing, start testing and dont get attached to your gear.

If you downgrade your dayZ you are hurting the development process and kick Rocket in the ****

Shruu

Edited by Shruu