KOS11

The most annoying thing ever.

some people will say pvp is the most annoying thing ever...

me... i say getting lost in the stix is... today i got so turned around i literally ended up running a 1.5 hour circle and right back to where is started within a click or 2. eventually i ended up where i wanted to be... but it took all morning!

which pops an interesting question. why do people travel in circles when there lost?

i havent had any trouble finding my way through the map, when i have a map. and sure the compass helps, so wtf happened to me this morning?

turns out! it was because it was dark out! i had a tough time distinguishing my surroundings and tree lines, even tougher figuring out which road was pointed where with no compass, or sun!

eventually i decided that padding through the bush and fields wasnt going anywhere. so i followed a power line, that lead to a road, that led to a fork in the road, that led to a town with a church. turns out it was the same damned town i started in hours ago XD

god was watching and laughing, because when i looted the church i found a damned compass!

GRR!

i still dont know why humans travel in circles when there lost, but its true apparently... i just hit the google looking for an answer, unfortunately all it did was tell me what i already knew, that when lost, people literally walk in circles!

so how the hell did i manage to do this in game? its not like one foot is longer/stronger than the other like some people claim to be the reason?

any ideas anyone?

If you're travelling during the daytime, take note of the position of the sun and where you start out. When you're navigating through the woods, double-tap alt to keep your bearing then just strafe around trees.

Navigating at night, you can take note of the position of the north star if you don't have a compass.

i still dont know why humans travel in circles when there lost' date=' but its true apparently... i just hit the google looking for an answer, unfortunately all it did was tell me what i already knew, that when lost, people literally walk in circles!

[/quote']

It's because you take a bit longer steps with your stronger leg. Thus in the long run making you walk a circle. The step is not much longer but even a few millimeters will make a great difference after thousands of steps.

Happened to me last night.I went for 1/2 hour only to find myself on the coast at same spot.I tired again and it happened 2 more times.at that point I thought I was losing my mind and was laughing at how a game was causing what happened to me in real life.So I decided to run along the coast to next town and when I got there I headed straight north.....a 1/2 hour later I come out of this clearing and the 3 houses looked so familiar.5 minutes later I was back where I started on the coast at the first town.:-/

It drove me bat shit I just went to bed.

It is funny that you bring this up...the Mythbusters actually did a test where they blindfolded each other. They were then told to walk as straight a path as possible to the "finish line" so to speak.

They basically all ended up going in crazy circles, and most ended up going backwards to the point that they were behind where they started. :P

LOL that sucks.

I have not really had much of a problem getting around the map at night or during the day. I have always played in the woods, since I was young, and was also a BoyScout which may be part of it.

But using landmarks and as Splatterpope said using Alt to look around and not changing your direction when traveling can help.

I always pick a tree or hill or mountain in the distance the direction I want to travel then I change my landmark once I reach my previous destination. In the dark generally you can see the tree tops, so I usually just pick the tallest one in the direction I want to go then change trees when I get there.

Honestly, it is just nice to see a poster (the OP) that just wanted to tell a funny story. I enjoyed reading it...unlike the rest of the garbage on here written by kids who suck at DayZ lol.

So, thanks... :)