wo0kie (DayZ)

L85A2 AWS/Ghillie Missing.

just found a L85 at a crash site with no ammo on it

managed to pick it up and run around with it equipped everything working perfectly.

but when i logged out and went back in the gun was completely gone. went back and checked the crash site and it wasnt there either.

completely disappeared from existance.

so.. is this fixed? haven't loged in since the 1.7.2 patches yet. i have the thermal scoped rifle.

I'm thinking that these patches aren't tested.

And yes, I realize that we are technically the "testers" but its seems like the least Rocket could do would be to have a small closed release of the patch to find this shit out and fix it beforehand.

so.. is this fixed? haven't loged in since the 1.7.2 patches yet. i have the thermal scoped rifle.

It's not fixed. played long time on 1.7.1.5. Had a L85, but I knew from a friend that it's gone when I join a server higher then my version. So I tried to get a silenced M4 + my DMR for night combat. I had the L85 in my backpack (3 weapons in there) and updated + joined 1.7.2.3 Server.

And.. it's gone...

So better play on "old" servers or wait until rocket will fix the bug.

Found an L85A2 AWS, carried it around with me for 2 days, stored it in my tent for another, yesterday decided to be on the safe side, took it out of my tent, stored it in my backpack, saved tent, waited a few minutes before logging out, when logging in today, found it had disappeared from my backpack. :(

• Like 1

It's not fixed. played long time on 1.7.1.5. Had a L85, but I knew from a friend that it's gone when I join a server higher then my version. So I tried to get a silenced M4 + my DMR for night combat. I had the L85 in my backpack (3 weapons in there) and updated + joined 1.7.2.3 Server.

And.. it's gone...

So better play on "old" servers or wait until rocket will fix the bug.

im catching up on other games till its fixed then. i just found the l85 aws the day before the update that broke it...

lol @ gear tears. They're tasty too.

I lost my ghillie too. oh noes. managed to still play without it.

Seriously, people are not playing for fear of losing their crap? That's weak. Grow a set, ladies.

edit: people with sigs strutting about their leet predilection for banditry never getting punished are not playing for fear of losing a gun? I loled so hard I cried. ultimate battle log.

Edited by datguy
  • Like 1

For me it has managed to stay in my backpack. But when I had it as a primary weapon and changed servers, it vanished without a trace.

What is worse is that I gave up my AS50 for it. Now both are gone. I dont really mind losing one rare gun to a bug, but two? Now that is a low blow.

Edited by whitetigerofmichigan

lol @ gear tears. They're tasty too.

I lost my ghillie too. oh noes. managed to still play without it.

Seriously, people are not playing for fear of losing their crap? That's weak. Grow a set, ladies.

edit: people with sigs strutting about their leet predilection for banditry never getting punished are not playing for fear of losing a gun? I loled so hard I cried. ultimate battle log.

:) good that you found a place where to use the delicious tears meme. i hope it brought you joy as it does to me everytime I use it.

im catching up on other games till its fixed then. i just found the l85 aws the day before the update that broke it...

It is fixed, have a new L85 since 2 days. 1.7.2.3. works.

• Like 1

It is fixed, have a new L85 since 2 days. 1.7.2.3. works.

cool. thx for the report. ill be back to dayz once i finish risen 2. too far into the game now, and If i start playing dayz, ill never finish it :)

Not fixed for me, I picked one up and got the "You cannot play/edit this mission it depends on content that has been deleted...'

I did pick it up and have it on my back, but after seeing the error message I decided to log off and back on to test if it stayed - it didn't.

my L85 just disappeared out of my hands AND ,my DMR disappeared out of my backpack on server NZ 1.

Have to have DEEP breaths on this one and remind myself thats its only an alpha, but wow....it sucks ass big time :(

are you guys making sure to only enter servers with the same beta patch as the one your using? it oculd be that servers with older beta patches delete these items?

Edited by Ganjastar

My L85 dissapeard also when i reconnected to the server i was on. same thing happened to my friend and his l85. the server was up to date.

I've had 5 different L85's disappear now on the server my group administrates, so I can say with 100% certainty it is up to date.

It works fine in-game, but if I have it equipped when I leave the server it is gone when I log back in. Has happened since 1.7.2, and happened again just last night to today.

First i lost my L85 upon connecting, i said: " Shame but i have my AS50 though"...

After killing a survivor going for loot i took his m4a3cco and then my AS50 lost too.

I did a really nice pleasuring uninstall of this s**t until it becomes a decent playable game.!

I connected to server US 585 today and lost my L85 as well. Is there anyway to get it back?

Date/Time: 7/21/2012

What happened: Updated to 1.7.2.3, joined up-to-date server (friend is the admin), saw my L85 was missing from my primary wep slot.

Where you were: Forest/camp

What you were doing: had just loaded in

*Current installed version: 1.7.2.3

*Server(s) you were on: US 611, US 200

*Your system specs:

Intel Core2Quad 2.66GHz

4GB RAM

Win7

*Timeline of events before/after error: We found L85 a couple days ago (previous patch) at a heli crash site. I put the L85 on in my primary wep slot, used the scopes, ran around looking at my buddies through the scopes, ate, drank, logged out crouching beside a tree in camp (logged out through the lobby, etc - did not alt f4). Logged in the next day just to show my husband the thermal scope, and it was fine. Updated to 1.7.2.3 through Six Launcher. Friend updated the server. I waited a couple minutes because I knew the server was being updated, then logged in. Hit "enter" on the num pad to go 3rd person, wondered why my M9 was out, mousewheel & nothing showed up, hit "C" to stand up, hit "G" to open inventory, saw L85 missing. Immediately log out and log into another server (US 200). L85 still missing. Returned to US 611. L85 still missing. Edit: The ammo I found at the same heli site was still in my inventory, the food/drink I consumed was gone, etc - everything on my character was the way it should be except that the L85 is gone.

Edited by Charlotte

I miss the camo more than the ghillie.

I think it would be awesome if you could choose from a large list of different camos before you spawned, right after choosing male/female.