zantiago

Guillie gone 1.7.2

Date/Time: 9th of July 2012

What happened: Guillie dissapeared

Where you were: North east of Stary Sobor about 2clicks from the north Deer stand

What you were doing: Crouched by a tree after loading in with the new patch

*Current installed version: 1.7.2

*Server(s) you were on: US128 and RU9

*Your system specs: Irrelevant, but fully updated W7 x64 ultimate, latest net. framework, i5-760 quadcore clocked to 3.9 GHz, 470GTX SOC, 4gigs of ram, running dayz at max graphics with about 60fps.

100mbit fiberoptic line.

*Timeline of events before/after error: Nothing, we logged out 5mins before our admin patched the server for us.

Logged in inwhich i was swimming under a tree, i switched to RU9, managed to log in finally, and saw i had no camo, but still got all my gear.

Multiple people from the clan announcing the lost their guillies and camos.

• Like 1

I had something sort of similar mainly involving a guillie, I took off my guillie before logging in fear of logging back into the ocean (Logging for the night) Woke up this morning, updated with the new files, logged into my normal server, put my guillie on and my whole inventory/bag were wiped, no more guillie either. Just a toolbelt xD

My ghillie was turned into civilian clothing and i was teleported around 5 minutes walk east of the map.

I can beat you all.

I'm at Zub castle. I found a ghuillie suit on the 3rd level. I put it on... Suddenly I fall into the floor and start swimming. All my guns and gear (including my morphine) vanish. I then drop onto the staircase unconscious with broken legs. For some reason I have my tools, back pack and what's in it so I stop the bleeding but now I can't crawl up or down the stairs I'm on.

Just remove broken bones it's such a pain in the arse. I had 2 zs break my bones but I've had 4 chars killed by random bugs where I just fall over with broken legs in treeless fields or in open barns.

Yes. I can confirm this. With Patch 1.7.2 changing clothes will glitch you through the ground and other sorts of things, tried it 2 times...

You guys do realise that Ghillie suits where buggy before this patch right?...it is advised not to use them.

It even says it in the manual/wiki, you did read the manual right?

did any of you actually get teleported to the middle of the ocean because i did for having camo on

You guys do realise that Ghillie suits where buggy before this patch right?...it is advised not to use them.

It even says it in the manual/wiki' date=' you did read the manual right?

[/quote']

Oh. you are so clever? Then say, if the same was written on camo-closing. As it does the same.

Almost the same happened to me. Found a crashed chopper with a ghillie laying on the ground. Equiped the ghillie and my primary, secondary, binos and everything in my inventory was gone, and my character didnt get the ghillie suit skin either.

Date/Time: 5pm central

What happened: Lost everything due to bug. and NO I havn't died yet.

Where you were: Chernogorsk

What you were doing: logging in at my camping tent

*Current installed version: 1.7.2

*Server(s) you were on: home server is Atlanta 86, don't remember the random server I was on.

*Your system specs: 3.8ghz quad core amd 955 BE. nvidia 560 TI, 8 gb of ddr3 memory.

*Timeline of events before/after error: I logged in, then it says I don't have guillie suit id or something of the sort then my character is completely invisible. I then relog and I'm in the middle of the ocean, log out for a while. Log back in and I see land now and I swim towards it, server restarts so I go to my home server, log in and now I don't have a backpack while I'm swimming and once I get to land I have nothing but a makarav, 1 bandage, 1 clip of ammo and my toolbelt. I lost an AS50, guillie suit, a 24 slot coyote backpack, NV goggles, binoculars, I'm guessing a couple blood packs, some morphine and other survival goodies.

I'm just hoping that you can reset my character, this sort of situation should warrant it.

Something similar happened to me tonight. Just loaded up the new patch (I have the latest beta also). I had logged out in a Ghillie suit. When I log back in I instantly see the "You have died" screen. When I respawn I am standing with NOTHING at all on me, not even a backpack. But my body was laying right in front of me with all of my old gear on it (minus the ghillie). I check my debug monitor and am I ajust as hurt when I logged out (10k health), and have the same number of kills, but I am showing a broken leg icon (with no broken leg to go with it).

idem :(

I found a Camouflage Clothing yeah... i wear it and loose all primary stuff (where is my M4A1 Camo SD?) and I'm like in water but always in church of Electro.

2 hours later on another server, i lost one M14 aim and of course all prymary stuff with Guillie... but all zombies now don't move and there is a big improvement about fps... wtf

This happend to me too!

I hade ghillie suit, and after the 1.7.2 patch I lost my ghillie. But I still got all my other gear. I just lost the equipped ghillie.

This is ridiculous. Same thing happened to me and I never even got to use the ghillie or the m107 I found. I really hope they're going to somehow give us our gear back idk...

Same thing happened to me.

This happend to me too!

I hade ghillie suit, and after the 1.7.2 patch I lost my ghillie. But I still got all my other gear. I just lost the equipped ghillie.

exact same thing here.

Same thing happened to me. I was on US 5, had a ghillie and now I don't.

No other gear is gone, although a vehicle I had saved is now not in it's location but I cannot confirm that this is not due to a player.

This is ridiculous. Same thing happened to me and I never even got to use the ghillie or the m107 I found. I really hope they're going to somehow give us our gear back idk...

Sorry man, sucks to hear. I can't begin to list the stuff I've lost over bugs.

That being said, get over it and either wait for a finished product or play and report bugs (Your only two options.) We aren't going to get gear replaced, just continue to enjoy the game for what it is and if you have any recommendations, preach!

It even says it in the manual/wiki, you did read the manual right?

How are we supposed to test the game if we stay away from items? Yeah they could be bugged, but when there is a new patch players should be testing all things, not avoiding buggy items and rolling back to a previous patch because they might die. The game won't progress if we all act so selfishly.

My Ghillie was removed in 1.7.2 and THEN I logged into debug forest for the very first time.

A number of my group had been wearing ghillie's for weeks without issue so one has to wonder if the ghillie's were ok but being blamed for another issue.

Rule 1 of DayZ.

Do not get attached to your gear.

Yes that is true and we understand it is Alpha but the issue is the random fixes and breaking of things in no particuliar order. There's known bugs since the start, those have been untouched / un-fixed. There's stuff people want yet it's left by the wayside or simply removed.

Sure I watched Rocket's interview where he's after server stability and trying to increase popularity but it's getting to the point where instead of telling everybody and their dog that " DayZ is fucking amazing!' we're starting to just tell people the straight up poop that " DayZ has alot of potential but in this Alpha process it's starting to go backwards".

At some point fixes need to be made to keep the current players happy and satisfied, right now this is reminding me of SDEnternet and Navyfield where they just do their own thing irregardless of players wishes and still have a broken game 8 years later.....