nahaz

[Guide] How to set up your graphics properly

Your rig is fine for Arma/Dayz performance wise.

The notepad icon on the files is normal, it just means notepad is your default program to open that type of file.

Since you seem to have fixed your fps issues there's not much input I can give you :)

The problem is when I get into big cities like Calemar I get fps drops to 10 fps... And now it seems I have 30fps stable again so that's still kinda low :(

The problem is when I get into big cities like Calemar I get fps drops to 10 fps... And now it seems I have 30fps stable again so that's still kinda low :(

Servers affect performance alot, it could be the server you play on. Try the same area on a low pop server (say, 10 people, no more) and see if the same thing happens

Hi , hope u guys can help me

Heres my specs

I5 ivy bridge 2.5ghz -3.3ghz

12gb ram 1600mhz

Nvidia geforce gt610m 2gb + intel hd 4000 graphics

I noe tis is rather low end, but hope u giv me the best specs to run dayz at a acceptable fps. Thanks!

Help you with what?

That rig is low end, it's a laptop, right? The GT610M card isn't very good at all, and the Intel one is even worse.

All I can recommend is play on low details and very low vision range and it might be smoother, but you won't have good performance with that GPU, i'm afraid.

So meanin i will have input lag? Will i get better rates if i keep everything to low except my resolution?

Servers affect performance alot, it could be the server you play on. Try the same area on a low pop server (say, 10 people, no more) and see if the same thing happens

I only play on low populated low ping servers, that's not the problem.

OshiSeven (Some Youtuber) had the idea to use ramdisk to boost your fps, it worked for me so give it a shot.

Video:

Edited by Rybur

Really intresting video. I have a really old HDD so I was trying it out step by step. I got stuck at the point where I need to change the folder direction from the six updater tool. Because I use DayZ commander. So I uninstalled DayZ commander and installed Sixupdater. But it's a totally different version than the one in the video so I couldn't find out how to fix it. The video is from 20 june so that's why maybe.

So Rybur, where did you download your sixupdater? How did you manage to complete this turtorial? I've already set up the virtual harddrive and copied the dayz mod into it. And already I experience my pc loading things way quicker than before, really amaizing. But I wanna complete all steps correctly though...

Edited by Battlelord

Really intresting video. I have a really old HDD so I was trying it out step by step. I got stuck at the point where I need to change the folder direction from the six updater tool. Because I use DayZ commander. So I uninstalled DayZ commander and installed Sixupdater. But it's a totally different version than the one in the video so I couldn't find out how to fix it. The video is from 20 june so that's why maybe.

So Rybur, where did you download your sixupdater? How did you manage to complete this turtorial? I've already set up the virtual harddrive and copied the dayz mod into it. And already I experience my pc loading things way quicker than before, really amaizing. But I wanna complete all steps correctly though...

To start get DayZ commander. It's a better launcher than Six Launcher and you do it easily. To change the location you follow the video steps and when you need to change the directory go to the "Settings" tab in DayZ Commander, scroll down, look for DayZ Directory and check override. Then you put the directory of the partition you created using ramdisk.

To start get DayZ commander. It's a better launcher than Six Launcher and you do it easily. To change the location you follow the video steps and when you need to change the directory go to the "Settings" tab in DayZ Commander, scroll down, look for DayZ Directory and check override. Then you put the directory of the partition you created using ramdisk.

Thanks for the info! So the directory in my case is: e:\@DayZ

Is that possible?

I think it worked out, slight fps increase, like 10 fps or so, and way quicker loading screens and stuff. My pc works way quicker in general, really amaizing!

Still no sure if I did it the right way. I will use some screenshots so that you could check if you want:

naamloosxc.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edited by Battlelord

naamloos2b.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

So then I just check done and click a server and it should be ok right? i've opened the folder location do you can check if I typed the right directory

Hello im new to DayZ tried these settings got good fps for a while then it just droped extremely my system specs are

Intel Core i3-2330M

CPU@2.20GHz

ram: 8GB

I have a sixty four bit windows 7

Please help me

so i can finally play :(

Thanks for the guide. I always wondered what tabs did what and now that I found out that the PMC dlc will boost character textures I'm going to buy it.

:)

Hi lads i was hoping somebody could help me out.

I'm pretty awful when it comes to computers so could someone tell me if these Laptop specs could even think about running DayZ

• AMD Turion x2 technology
  • Rm 74 (2.2 Ghz)
  • ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics
  • Up to 1408 MB Hyper Memory
  • 4GB Memory
  • 500 GB HDD

Apologies if some of this information doesn't make much sense but i'm just copying what it says :lol:

Thanks.

It turns off buffering of frames on your gpu, sort of.

The opening post does not say which game these settings should be applied to?

Arma2

Arma2: Operation Arrowhead

Well, that's because it's obvious which one it is for. DayZ is a mod for Operation Arrowhead, you can't play without it.

• Like 1

Its not obvious to people setting things up for the first time, but thank you for your answer.

Someone said to turn off hyperthreading from the bios, can you just uncheck the extra cores in the afinity settings ? (or what ever it called)

Edit,

seems to turn off HT without accessing the bios, open Msconfig and in the "Boot" tab, select "advanced options" and select only 2 cores of the 4.

Who here has tryed Ramdisk ?, is there any real noticeable increase in FPS ?

Merry Christmas!

Edited by Budheadz

Should I expect to be able to play the game on Very High settings with a NVIDIA GeFOrce GT 630M gfx card? Tried it before and it had bad FPS.

On this laptop:

i7-3612QM CPU @ 2.10GHz

8GB RAM

1TB HDD

Intel HD Graphics 4000 (2nd gfx card)

To make sure I don't suffer any lag while playing DayZ I've been playing with Very Low on everything which isn't the prettiest thing to look at. Any chance I could increase it and still get good FPS if not better? I'm currently getting around 30 FPS (seen it on a server where FPS was displayed)

Edited by MOS182