nonm99@gmail.com

DayZ 1.7.2 Stuck on Loading Screen..

same here, get either stuck on "waiting for character to create" or the last "loading"

and my fps are much worse now(good system)

same here' date=' get either stuck on "waiting for character to create" or the last "loading"

and my fps are much worse now(pretty good system)

[/quote']

how can your fps be "much worse" when you not even ingame ??

makes no sense.

btw. wait till server are fully updated. takes a bit , as there are 1000s of servers.

its still an alpha and things can go wrong but there for its an alpha. and its free.

Same problem here. I get past the character creation screen' date=' but DayZ gets completely stuck on the "Loading" screen. Latest patches here, steam version of ARMA2 with OA. Everything worked fine yesterday, before the new patch. :(

UPDATE: It's FIXED!!! What I did was deleted the C:\Users\Username\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\CharName\Saved\mpmissions folder, and I'm in!!!

[/quote']

Cheers man this got me back up.

same here' date=' get either stuck on "waiting for character to create" or the last "loading"

and my fps are much worse now(pretty good system)

[/quote']

how can your fps be "much worse" when you not even ingame ??

makes no sense.

btw. wait till server are fully updated. takes a bit , as there are 1000s of servers.

its still an alpha and things can go wrong but there for its an alpha. and its free.

It worked ealier on today when i was copy and pasting the battleeye folder;) now same problem...

Does this hive update fix the random gear loss issue?

Same problem here. I get past the character creation screen' date=' but DayZ gets completely stuck on the "Loading" screen. Latest patches here, steam version of ARMA2 with OA. Everything worked fine yesterday, before the new patch. :(

UPDATE: It's FIXED!!! What I did was deleted the C:\Users\Username\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\CharName\Saved\mpmissions folder, and I'm in!!!

[/quote']

Praise you. :heart:

This means a lot to me.

No joy for me either WRT deleting the mpmissions folder. Oh well, guess I'm going to bed early tonight. :(

did you guys fix the zed behavior as well? They seem to be mor back to normal. Or maybe im just being extra careful.

This is related to server side. there is nothing a normal player can do to fix it..

Like Rocket has said" new server side update out" server hoster need to install it so this problem goes away.

some servers have done this so far, and most of them havn't. so keep trying other servers, and you will see it works if you find the right one :)

@rocket: Can we have something like Tetris added to the loading screen? Just to keep folks from throwing their PCs out of the window...

I got it to work. I installed the 94700 beta patch from here: http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

and the experiemental 1.7.2.1 patch from dayz: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/28806-experimental-1721-test-patch/page__hl__+stuck%20+loading%20+screen#entry278236

Then you had to connect to the server with these patches on and it should work.

....well it works on some servers and I can't seem to see or chat with the other players.

So far i found numerous "solutions" to this problem :

"delete C:\Users\Username\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\CharName\Saved\mpmissions"

"install the 94700 beta patch and the experiemental 1.7.2.1 patch from dayz"

"delete the .rsync subfolder from the @DayZ modfolder and from the expansion\beta modfolder, and then rerun the launcher"

"check that there are no arma related files in your VirtualStore folder: C:\users\your_username\appdata\Local\VirtualStore."

and so on ...

For me that all points to some major inconsistence inside the directories.

So can any of the devs at least point us in the direction to get this fixed !

• Like 1

Well the 94700 and 1.7.2.1 thing worked for me and what I said about not being able to chat. I was using group chat instead of side chat.

I got it working by downloading and installing the latest ARMA2 patch. Then I had to go through the installation steps of the mod again. Then update the mod. Now it works fine.

If you haven't tried that. Do.

-Waited about 4 weeks until Amazon sent ArmaX

-installed it on monday, beta 1.60 (700mb) & 94444 (8mb), sixupdater and so on. nothing worked, "waiting for character" screen, thought "ok maybe because of "patch day", no problem..."

-yesterday I was able to play one time for about 5 minutes, then lost connection. "waiting for character" or stuck on "loading" screen (ctrl + alt + del), installed 94700, same problem...

-today: deleted everything. Installed Arma2, started as Admin, restartet PC, installed Arma2OA (+dlc), started as Admin, restarted PC, installed beta 1.60, startet as Admin, restarted PC, installed 94444, started as Admin, restarted PC, installed 94700, startet as Admin, restarted PC, installed Sixupdater, started as Admin, Sixupdater installed DayZ 1.7.2, tried to connect to server, well no "waiting for character" but immediatly stuck on "loading" screen, started DayZ manually, tried to connect to server, same problem...

I tried the "BattleEye" & "ArmaA2 Other Profiles" thing, didn't work.

Stuck on "final" loading screen all time, no "waiting for character" at all...

Well, I'm a bit pissed of...

*Which version of the game did you purchase? STEAM or RETAIL or MIXED:

Arma X Retail german

*Are you running an Arma 2 OA beta patch? If so what version?:

Beta 94700

*Which method are you using to launch the game? I.E Sixupdater/steam/batch file:

Sixupdater & DayZ manually (-mod=dayz)

*What is the Error/Problem you're having? Please provide screenshots if possible:

stuck at "final" loading screen, no "waiting for character"

*Your PC specs:

i7 2700k

8gb ram

Windows 7 Home Premium on SSD

Geforce 570 GTX

*Your Operating System:

Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 on SSD

Edited by Camion

same..... bought ARMA CO on steam yesterday.... installed everithing today but can't play DayZ at all.... always stuck at the "final" loading screen -.-'

yap i tryed every< thing ....nothig works ,im arma x user aswell and im w8ting since weeks that i can play with my armax :( i guess armax owners just did a unlucky buy :( ....i dont think there is any armax user that cout play normaly in the last 3 weeks ...(only if u downgrate the betapatch, and now since 1.7.2 there are hardly no servers anymore with 1.7.1 beta 93965) im kind of angry aswell since i w8 3 weeks long ...2join my home servers and my clan m8s again :(