Denuth

1.7.2 Opinion thread. All your opinions, good and bad, go here.

Im sorry to put a downer on all the positive notes here but i think alot of people are missing the big picture?

I mean, Zombies still bugging through walls, Random aggroing from across distances that shouldnt even be remotely possible, the fact that vehicles arnt respawning properly.

Not to mention the 10's of cars/vans/trucks that ive tried to repair after them breaking and not being able to get in them to see what they neeed.

And for example on the vehicles so theres no flaming towards myself: 3 Scrap Metal - 1 Engine Parts - 1 Fuel Tank Parts - 6 Wheels - And Enough Fuel to Run a Small city

All these items spent on the S1203 Van + The hours it took to get them and it still wouldnt even let me climb inside to see what was still wrong with it?

Yes i understand its hard work creating a mod + bug fixes and yes its in Alpha but shouldnt you really be fixing the bad bugs before adding more features to bug out too?

Just a Thought

But on a sidenote (And more positive too) I love Dayz i put so much time into this game and honestly have not stopped playing since i bought and installed it but its getting to the point where im thinking this is minecraft all over again. (Starting something amazing but then slacking when it gets too much) - For the people who didnt get the comment.

Much respect <3

Ash

Love the new zombie changes. For people complaining, you can't crouch it anymore. If a zombie is within 100 meters and pointed at you, you need to be prone.

That said, they've gone back to seeing through terrain/objects sometimes. They've got noticeable kinks right now, but 90% of them can be snuck past. For the others, well...it's really only a problem when you don't have any equipment.

Not a moan, merely pointing out some issues i have found thus far.

I have to revise my earlier thoughts about this patch, zombies are now just too aware, while crawling indoors previously unaware zombies are picking up on my presence. 1.7.5 zombies were too easy to avoid but now they seem to be amped up too much in terms of ability to sense out new players.

I am not suggesting a complete rollback, just a minor reduction in zombie awareness.

Zombie awareness does seem to be a little buggy atm. I have crept past and even run past some zombies and they haven't even registered my presence, (and i wasnt desynched or w/e) Weird right?

Also being hit once by a zombie and getting a broken leg straight away while at full hp is ludicrous.

Otherwise the game is all good in my opinion,

Oh and one more thing, the pathing abilities of zombies are also messed up atm, (maybe they always were) For instance while in the supermarket zombies will walk right through the counter instead of going around.

Edited by Hitback

you just aint doin it right man

Im sorry Powell and you can Flame Cry Moan Winge Shout Cry Bitch and so on so forth as much as you like :)

BUT U ARE WRONG

He more than likely is doing nothing wrong today im going to post either a video or multiple screenshots of how bugged this patch is and how absurd some of the glitches are.

Read my above post

Its not unreasonable its fair truthfull and alot of people are going to stop playing for these reasons

The Game should be bug fixed then new features weapons ETC should be added not the other way around, ONE step at a time

Edited by Asharah
  • Like 1

ah come on guys. zombies finally got eyes anyhow and you need to pay attention to zombies. FINALLY.

if some of you think that "OMG! THIS IS TOO HARD! I CAN'T PLAY! I WANT PVP WITH ZOMBIES AS DECORATION NOT A THREAT!"

i may suggest only to go fuck yourself play arma 2.

compared to armed crowd of insurgents/soldiers/armored vericles planes and artillery that goes mad on you when you assault the town, zombies are nothing more then a joke.

and heck, i play it on expert without any trouble.

now zombies can finally see something. and this isn't overpowered by any means. I PLAYED ON EXPERT 1.7.2 JUST YESTERDAY AND EVERYTHING IS FINE.

on previous patch it was too easy to sneak upon zombies and no1 really gave a dam about them, since only treat was players.

if you are got used to stand/lie next to zombies without getting noticed thats your own fucking problem.

man up ffs. it's about time zombies become a bit more dangerous. get used to. adapt/evolve/ and stop whining ffs.

Not a moan, merely pointing out some issues i have found thus far.

I have to revise my earlier thoughts about this patch, zombies are now just too aware, while crawling indoors previously unaware zombies are picking up on my presence. 1.7.5 zombies were too easy to avoid but now they seem to be amped up too much in terms of ability to sense out new players.

I am not suggesting a complete rollback, just a minor reduction in zombie awareness.

Zombie awareness does seem to be a little buggy atm. I have crept past and even run past some zombies and they haven't even registered my presence, (and i wasnt desynched or w/e) Weird right?

Also being hit once by a zombie and getting a broken leg straight away while at full hp is ludicrous.

Otherwise the game is all good in my opinion,

You dont think the fact that zombies are still walking through wire fencing and not even slowing them down is a problem? Nor the fact they still walk through doors and walls randomly without them even being open?

And in some ways i agree the old Zombies were too unaware but its ridiculous now to be honest, like i said sometimes ive been crouching across a field and they run from a distance that binocs can barely see so im sorry but like i have stated so many times now bug fixes then new features.

• Like 1

ah come on guys. zombies finally got eyes anyhow and you need to pay attention to zombies. FINALLY.

if some of you think that "OMG! THIS IS TOO HARD! I CAN'T PLAY! I WANT PVP WITH ZOMBIES AS DECORATION NOT A THREAT!"

i may suggest only to go fuck yourself play arma 2.

compared to armed crowd of insurgents/soldiers/armored vericles planes and artillery that goes mad on you when you assault the town, zombies are nothing more then a joke.

and heck, i play it on expert without any trouble.

now zombies can finally see something. and this isn't overpowered by any means. I PLAYED ON EXPERT 1.7.2 JUST YESTERDAY AND EVERYTHING IS FINE.

on previous patch it was too easy to sneak upon zombies and no1 really gave a dam about them, since only treat was players.

if you are got used to stand/lie next to zombies without getting noticed thats your own fucking problem.

man up ffs. it's about time zombies become a bit more dangerous. get used to. adapt/evolve/ and stop whining ffs.

Just Saying i wont even take on your post because your clearly an immature person with nothing but negativity to the rest of the world please stop posting untill you know how to speak civily

• Like 2

The Game should be bug fixed then new features weapons ETC should be added not the other way around, ONE step at a time

Yes a game that you buy should be all that.

But this is a free mod for another game and in alpha stage where you test bugs by adding all the new stuf in the world that you would like to see in the final version someday.

you just aint doin it right man

So somehow the random deaths and inexplicable limb breakage means we're doing something wrong?

Well since you're clearly the 'pro' and have currently nothing more to add than a few words. Why don't you enlighten us with some of your wisdom on how to avoid the abundance glitches and bugs introduced by this latest update..?

Edited by uberwolfe
  • Like 2

well so logging in=character gone? could others confirm this? cause i already saw it twice in the server thread, where i'm playing and also in here. If it's the case, i won't update, cause i don't wanna see the choose male or female skin frame, i'm in a good mood right now :/

I logged in and was fine, except for losing my camo, but if you are nervous wait for the hotfix.

Just Saying i wont even take on your post because your clearly an immature person with nothing but negativity to the rest of the world please stop posting untill you know how to speak civily

see if i care, really. here goes 20 pages of whining about zombies can actually see something instead of being blind. and same or even more on patch announcement thread, while it's the way it should be. feel free to ignore this one aswell. I guess your opinion really matter for me, since instead of commenting on my post content you decided to comment the way i posted. Feel free to lecture me.

EDIT: on topic: fall from tower twice and broke my leg only on second time. seems like bone breaking was significantly reduced.

Edited by n2-

Exponent driven probability introduced into visibility calculation <- Makes the game harder it would be better if that was just left out until the infected got nerfed a little.

Edited by mattgil1

, like i said sometimes ive been crouching across a field and they run from a distance that binocs can barely see

Would you be crouching in a field if another player was there? Or would you be prone?

I and most likely everyone else here agrees, they're still buggy and sometimes do things that are completely unreasonable (walking through walls/objects, aggroing for impossible reasons, etc.), but it's not as if they're 100% broken, or even 30%. You just need to use prone for something besides crawling under walls now.

My observations and tips are as follows: if your visibility is below 20 you're safe up to about 10 meters. If it's above 20 (prone on a road), then you're visible from about 10-30 meters away. Around 50 visibility (immobile daylight crouching), something like 50-100 meters. Around 100 (standing still in daylight), you might as well join a night server, light your road flare, and have a dance party in Cherno.

Finally, they're going to spot you for bug reasons inevitably. Have a hatchet ready, or at least a revolver.

Edited by Somepants

Would you be crouching in a field if another player was there? Or would you be prone?

I and most likely everyone else here agrees, they're still buggy and sometimes do things that are completely unreasonable (walking through walls/objects, aggroing for impossible reasons, etc.), but it's not as if they're 100% broken, or even 30%. You just need to use prone for something besides crawling under walls now.

My observations and tips are as follows: if your visibility is below 20 you're safe up to about 10 meters. If it's above 20 (prone on a road), then you're visible from about 10-30 meters away. Around 50 visibility (immobile daylight crouching), something like 50-100 meters. Around 100 (standing still in daylight), you might as well join a night server, light your road flare, and have a dance party in Cherno.

Finally, they're going to spot you for bug reasons inevitably. Have a hatchet ready, or at least a revolver.

So, basically, the visibility indicates how far away they can see you? Seems about right.

But they don't seem hindered by night. I was crouched with 15 visiblity and a zed comes sprinting down the street after me (when 3 closer zombies just stood there groaning). I managed to run into a house and find a crowbar... so I held it tightly (as it was useless) and stood behind a table as he attacked the table. Then I slowly maneuvered around the table and ran out, leaving him wedged in the kitchen.

Is it possible to have some sort of poll to make it clear what the majority of us believe?

i.e.

"Did you like the new superzombies?"

-Yeah keep them like that they are great

-No this is ridiculous.

-Other

etc

• Like 1

a poll? thats obvious what majority wants. But it doesn't mean it should be that way.

zombies MUST be a treat in zombie survival game. atm zombies are they way it should be.

Edited by n2-

My problem is that zombies run faster then you, and now they run in doors. If you want to switch weapons you need to stop moving, if you want to shoot, you need to stop moving. So the second you stop to shoot, or switch weapons your going to get hit. Or if there is several coming at you, unless you have auto aim you are going to get hit a couple of times, and when zombies can break your leg randomly thats bullshit.

My problem is that zombies run faster then you, and now they run in doors. If you want to switch weapons you need to stop moving, if you want to shoot, you need to stop moving. So the second you stop to shoot, or switch weapons your going to get hit. Or if there is several coming at you, unless you have auto aim you are going to get hit a couple of times, and when zombies can break your leg randomly thats bullshit.

It's almost like the game is designed to encourage stealth gameplay.

Well I can safely say you still lose your Primary Weapon and Pack when in deep water

And zombies still break your legs in 1 or 2 hits at full 12000 blood.

This caused my slow death from dehydration in the middle of nowhere..... It was sad to go out like that.

Edited by Naykon

It's almost like the game is designed to encourage stealth gameplay.

I always sneak around zombies, but if you dont have a SD gun, and you have to shoot zombies are going to swarm you.

Dig the new patch. Zombies are trickier for sure.. My tactic is shoot the ones close to me or facing in my general direction. I then crouch run behind some building. The check around and repeat. Doable.

My criticism of the zombies is that they are still predictable. Some should have this new eyes ability,

And others should be like before and others almost blind and others blind and almost DEAF but deadly silent. plus some % should never despawn but wander randomly because zombie presence is a easy way to see if a town is visited or not

Game feel stable, smooth. Lost my camo but no big deal

The biggest problem not being dealt with is the...

Logging out to avoid death

Server hopping for gear or cheap kills.

I'd like to see no more army grade weapons or associated ammo spawn for a while but more Lee Enfields and lower tech rifles like m14, sks, etc. Then see the leet gear guys being hunted for their exclusive gear.

Oh, and a ghillie blanket would be great. And camo but only with preparation needed.

I always sneak around zombies, but if you dont have a SD gun, and you have to shoot zombies are going to swarm you.

I've found that zombies are near-deaf to a revolver. Or a makarov. Or an axe. Or presumably anything quieter than a revolver.

Edited by Somepants

I like that Zeds appear to be having a chance to spot you from quite a distance, adds to the thrill and adrenaline rush when sneaking around. But that’s not to say that it doesn’t feel bugged.

Just yesterday a friend and I were heading to Stary and decided to check some deer stands prior to heading to the town, at one point we were both prone in the woods behind a deer stand while checking the map to see where to go next. Between us and the deer stand/field there were a couple of bushes, trees and a rock that were providing cover. All of the sudden we see two Zeds in the middle of the field (well over 50 meter away) spazzing out and sprinting towards us. No idea why they decided to do that, as we’ve been sitting there for over 5 minutes and no Zed ever engaged, even when they were pretty close. This doesn’t feel right.

I don’t want Zeds to be 100% predictable and there should be some luck involved occasionaly, but their behavior should still be consistent. Not just go into spidey-sense-mode one minute, and then back to derp-mode the next.

• Like 1

Ok so I only got arma II yesterday to play dayz and im not dissapointed for an alpha its in better nick than some full releases I have played so well done for that.

About the new zombies.. I dont know how easy they used to be from experience only from video's on my second spawn ever I got into a town, into a church got a weapon and some supplies but got noticed on the way out and splattered 5 orso zeds, once leading them away a bit lol. One of my friends who has played this alot a month back or more came to have some fun and was happy to have all his gear although the "loading" bug got in the way for a while he got on we met up he killed a few zeds but as we moved out he was running about crouched as im assuming you could before this patch, pulled 4 zeds got hit twice and got knocked out and eaten on the roadside then proceeded to rage quit.

What im trying to say is to me as a new player its not so bad really but older players at least my mate dont like it at all.

Its true, you can no longer crouch and weave through zombies. But if you go prone, you can basically navigate the same way you did with crouching in 1.7.1.5. Crouch or stand and you will get aggro. The exponential distance increase is just too large for you to track every zombie and remain out of LOS especially in the cities.

The problem with prone is I play the game in 3rd person now. I never had to before. It's the only way. Also, prone with a primary weapon is twice as slow. So I have my secondary equiped 98% of the time, making having a primary only for....PVP i guess? Forcing prone uses many different mechanics making it harder to aim, see and plan that really take the fun out of it. I really enjoyed the previous patch. This new one is just too much. Sure it may be more realistic (arguable) and even a tougher challenge, but its much less fun. To me, its not a higher challenge, its just forcing a different play style...so much so that I finally figured out why it is called dayZ. Z, for your prone key....

I still prefer having less aggro with a higher cost of causing aggro. The stakes were higher than they are now when you can aggro easily and then easily lose it. I don't understand the appeal behind wanting the player to kill more zombies. Every other FPS is a killing glutton of a game. This one was choice because it made you understand and feel out the enemy, and keep it close. Not just run and gun, which is what's happened now. Well, run and gun, or scrape your knees up all day.

I won't tell you to "man up" because we don't share the same opinion. I'm glad it is fun for some. It just no longer is for me. Time will tell if this choice is happier for all.