Denuth

1.7.2 Opinion thread. All your opinions, good and bad, go here.

I dunno, maybe i'm just a sadist, but, I think it looks awesome, when you see Z's charging towards you in the distance from accross the fields, should trigger the effect of the Bandit heartbeat (would that not be the best audio cue ever?) so at least you would know you've been sighted at distance by Z?) this would fairly ramp up the "OH SHIIIIIIIIIIIT!!".

Last night a friend and myself were meeting a couple of other mates fresh spawns at Balota, all three of them were badly bruised just getting out of the mash tents & attempting to cross Balota. By the time they got to me at overwatch the group was 6 morphine injectors and some blood bags lighter.. but they survived! i've played a couple of time from spawn and I think everyone is exaggerationg about the Z's, I see no sign of them running up hills or inside buildings. I could get tooled up again pretty quick they're not that big an obstruction.

Cons? Z's still spawning to close to humans is my only real complaint, also they are not provoked enough by tin cans / bottles, which makes it hard clearing them out of barns when that is all you have at your disposal & are desperate for loot.

It was previously removed, you could not fill a canteen in the ocean in the last patch as well

I wasn't sure if it was last version or this one... I guess i'd only hit lakes in the last version. so it was a surprise to me :)

At first, I couldn't log in to any server, now, I can log into MOST, which is fantastic.

CONS: I got an AK and a Ghille Suit, then, I crashed and lost them, so that was horrible.

PROS: I fount an M16 with a Grenade Launcher, seems like loot has changed up a bit (before, in Military tents, you'd get like, flares and that's it, now you get better items.((not sure if that was intended)). Zombies are easier to trigger; makes the game harder.

So yeah, it's fantastic! Thanks for updating this regularly, it is truly fantastic.

Edited by Mays

Zeds running indoors - realistic

Zeds running uphills - realistic

Zeds being able to see someone directly in front of them - realistic

Zeds being a major threat in a Zombie Apocalypse - realistic.

See where i'm going with this?

The 1.7.1.5 lite version is that way <<<<.

Welcome to hell.

Zeds running through walls - realistic

Zeds attacking through walls - realistic

Zeds running drunk - realistic

Please Rocket fix this first.

Zed detection is highly inconsistent from what I've encountered. Sometimes I pull zed from 150+m, sometimes I'm practically on top of them. May have a good video to post when I get back from work showing this.

Imo, zeds are aggroing a bit to easily from a far. And they are spawning on top of you still in many cases. Beyond that, its pretty sweet. If the zed detection becomes more consistent, I think this build is really good so far. Would like ghillies back though. Also, is the hive not updating player location/inventory correctly. I've been spawn back where I had logged in on a previous play a few times. That and I coulda swore I dropped a remington for an AK 74 and ammo. Logged in later to find i had the ammo and the remimgton. Maybe I effect up switching.

I can confirm, well anyways for me, that the zeds doesn't run inside buildings and yes there are good things in the patch too ofcourse but to people who says that its realistic for zombies to run up hills. I agree BUT! Isn't it also realistic for a human to run up hills in that case? <_<. No this makes no sense what so ever if someone disagree, please in that case explain for me the human anatomy.

Played the new patch for a good 5 hours last night with two survivors I've been teamed up with for a while. Very positive experience so far. The increased zombie awareness was a shock to start with, but I think I prefer it now that I've had a chance to get used to it. No more charging up to dear hides only to crouch at the last minute, no more weaving in between zombies at crash sites. Now, if we want to check out that hide over there, we've got to plan it. We've got to weigh up the ammo we'll need to use against the possibility of finding something good. We're really, really careful with those SD rounds. It's changed the way we play, and made it much more tense. Please keep it as it is.

As for negatives, the only things I've seen so far are:

- loss of ghille

- some weird graphical artefacting, where I sometimes get giant polygons pulling all the way back to the horizon. Seems to happen most often when I'm looking down a scope.

- the whole zombies can attack whilst running thing is perhaps a little unfair when coupled with their new supervision. Maybe keep the vision but make them stop to attack, like before?

On the whole, it's a positive update. Really positive.

The whole patch is a total mess. Absolutely nothing is working.

First time I logged into a 1.7.2 server I lost all my gear including NVG, which I had just got like 10 minutes earlier. (all thanks to my ghillie suit, which I also got like 20 minutes earlier)

After that, I've broken bones when simply running away from zombies like 20 meters away. Zombies sometimes start chasing me literally from 100-200m away when I'm proned. There are also about 3 times more zombies in any place I go.

I'm not sure if all this is INTENDED that way? If so I'm sorry, this isn't playable at all, only thing you can do is sit near a campfire in a deep forrest where zombies are atleast 1km away from you.

Currenly I have just stopped playing and waiting for a fix for all this nonsense.

• Like 1

It is pointless now to do stealth if you are at a hunting tower anywhere near a town. There are the usual three to four, no problem, Shoot one already and the exponential ensures that out of the 200 spawned in the town seemingly 10% are aggroed and come like rockets from everywhere.

But it also happened in the wilderness. Farthest NW. Broke everything closing a toilet door had to do morphine and bandage and then that aggroed one, I had to shoot and then 20 came... while when I looked around before there were only 3.

http://dayzdb.com/map#5.016.034 Grid 03:01

I had cleared out the hunting stands before,

What I would expect in an empty area is to be able to scan the vicinity clear out all threats and maybe miss one or two, not breaking all bones on closing a door and then being mobbed my newly spawned zeds or wherever they came from.

Two chars under 1.7.2, I could gear up, but the mobbing makes it pointless. It;s a game of luck. Leaves me more with the, can't be arsed again feeling. :rolleyes:

Magically appearing hordes of zeds are unrealistic ..

Could you handle them? probably. do I want to? No. Since there is no end point, once I managed to gear up I can only hang around maybe shoot some people.

Ultimately the mods will want to make you grief, once you have a hunting knife matches and wood and a water bottle and could survive in the wood, you are there. Maybe occasionally look for ammo to be able to hunt again.

A bear trap, just adds more possibilities to grief, where are the coop options, more building something like a fort would be good. The new Zed detection just makes it a bit harder to get to the point where you start to grief other players cause just running around in the woods hunting and picking up water is boring.

And since it is alpha I am mentioning this ... :D

So far I'm really digging this patch! The zombie behavior is pretty on point now, I seem to get a slightly higher fps as well, no complaints here.. I'm not sure why some of you are moaning about the zeds being to hard now, use your common sense.. Hide behind walls/block your line of sight from them and you really have nothing to worry about.

I'll probably get flamed but I think the zombies definitely need to be toned down. I'm a noob to DayZ just started like 2 weeks ago. It took me a while but with the help of the forum, the wiki and a bunch of trial an error deaths I figured out how to sneak around in a town and get myself some basic supplies to survive. It was fun it was exciting it had that adrenaline rush you get with a full loot pvp game and alls I was doing was crawling around on the floor of a supermarket. With the way the zombies are at the moment I can't even crawl to a barn let alone into a town without agroung 4 or 5 zeds. I end up use stupid game mechanics to kill or get rid of zombies so I can loot. I like the game and will play no matter but they are probably alot of people that will try the game now and without help they will quit. You have a great game here but with out new sheep the wolves will get bored and leave Just thought the opinion of a newb might help.

I agree with most, the new patch is good but there are some issues.

-Zombies are inconsitant, they will start running at me while i am crouch walking at 200m away, this is not good, we don't want everyone proning in town, makes them an easy target.

-I now get an error on startup that states that DayZ requires CA_missionsAO.BAF (something like that)

-After the patch, i get only a few low pinging servers in my list, but when i search the names i can find them.

So far I'm really digging this patch! The zombie behavior is pretty on point now, I seem to get a slightly higher fps as well, no complaints here.. I'm not sure why some of you are moaning about the zeds being to hard now, use your common sense.. Hide behind walls/block your line of sight from them and you really have nothing to worry about.

Do you cary a shield or something to hide behind? If there is 5 zombies roaming around a building its quite impossible to not get noticed.

Confronting zeds unarmed is lethal, but once I got my hands on Hatchet I've had zero issues with them, they don't even break your bones. I encountered a wierd bug though.. my character would go into shock if I threw an empty can to the ground.. I guess he doesn't like littering.. :P

Confronting zeds unarmed is lethal, but once I got my hands on Hatchet I've had zero issues with them, they don't even break your bones. I encountered a wierd bug though.. my character would go into shock if I threw an empty can to the ground.. I guess he doesn't like littering.. :P

Oh so the hatchet is good as a weapon cause In that case I found my first weapon, and a rifle in Dayz but now Im crawled up on the second floor in a barn, affraid to get out cause all off the agroing Zeds on steriods, its dark too waiting for daylight <_<

I would've prefered if you had fixed the speed and pathing issue of the zeds before buffing their awareness.

Also: some people say the ghillie suit was REMOVED? I thought it was just bugged.

Edit:

Just to clarify, I want the zombies to be a big threat, but it must be done right.

The difficulty can't rely on glitches and pathing issues

Edited by Teih

very unhappy with this update....

how is everyone loosing zeds now once your spotted, cuz for me they run through fences when i jump them, they beat the crap out of me through the walls if i hide and evetually warp into the room with me blocking the exit. this game is suddenly a shambles, if it was like this a few days ago i wouldnt have bought arma 2 to play it cuz its just a mess

Not really seeing any FPS inprovements. I can run any game maxed out but DayZ runs like dog shit. I've noticed zombies much further away than the ones closest to me aggroing for no reason. Also are their more zombies? Just played on a server that said 130ish zombies alive and I killed 31 with a hatchet stuck in one part of cherno.

Barbwire still causing problems in fire station stairways. Unable to remove or climb over.

*Sigh*

Not really seeing any FPS inprovements. I can run any game maxed out but DayZ runs like dog shit. I've noticed zombies much further away than the ones closest to me aggroing for no reason. Also are their more zombies? Just played on a server that said 130ish zombies alive and I killed 31 with a hatchet stuck in one part of cherno.

Barbwire still causing problems in fire station stairways. Unable to remove or climb over.

*Sigh*

Totally agree with you on that one. Zombies aggro more if they are further away and the thing with the barbwire killed me cause I was trapped in a storage house with two exits and the second was blocked with barbwire, could climb over it nor walk around it.

I just wanted to clarify my position I think the zombie Afro should be lowered but not because I can't get gear. I can probably get gear faster now. But the way I get gear now is not near as much fun as it was trying to sneak around a town. Spending an hour or two crawling around searching through buildings looking for loot was a rush. Running around a spawn getting a bunch of zeds to chase me off a cliff so they die or into the barn so I can kill them one at a time with an axe is not fun.

I just wanted to clarify my position I think the zombie AGRO should be lowered but not because I can't get gear. I can probably get gear faster now. But the way I get gear now is not near as much fun as it was trying to sneak around a town. Spending an hour or two crawling around searching through buildings looking for loot was a rush. Running around a spawn getting a bunch of zeds to chase me off a cliff so they die or into the barn so I can kill them one at a time with an axe is not fun.

fixed lol although zombie Afro was rather epic. Spell check iPod from work ftw.

The whole patch is a total mess. Absolutely nothing is working.

go to the map editor, or try some missions/Campaigns....... *turns on Trololol song and just imagine it playing in the background*

xD the 'Symbiotic relationship' between Arma 2 and Day Z has kinda been shattered... Through Rocket simply plowing over Arma 2 in his 'fix/update' of Day Z...... this patch... did what most mods NEVER do in the past (to my knowledge at least) Rocket's latest patch... actually broke the single player game... you cant do some missions, the map editor(the make your own map to figure out all the sniping spots in Cherno... or ... a mission for you and buddies) IS COMPLETELY BROKEN WITH THIS NEW PATCH... so that you literally are incapable of completing some missions... or spawning just about anything(editor) xD

so not only are Zombies kinda glitchy... and gear disappears when you swap clothing(or teleporting) ... but it is possible that any future bugs with the 'Arma 2 client' are.... actually due to Rocket's tinkering... and not actually Arma2's fault :lol:

EDIT: one rather ... hilarious 'Trap' to set is to either A.... place a tent in Cherno with a camo or civilian clothing you might have found (NOT ghillie suits... though you could, but I have been seeing people wearing them... but dont risk it anyways)

Save the tent AND THEN... find the tallest building nearby and wait (secluded with binoculars if possible) .... EVENTUALLY somebody will walk by, see the tent (in front of firehouse works great xD) and possibly look in the tent (they might be expecting a bandit trap... which also works... but in this case it is not that sort of trap.

SO having reached the tent, seen the costume, looked around.... and grabbed the clothing.. odds are they put it on right away.... AND BOOOOOOOOM.. you just got an unofficial kill lol... that person has either A. died.... or B. been teleported without any gear whatsoever to... who knows where (basically worse than just dead due to not having bandaids..) AND... with the zombies as they are right now... that player will likely die again lol

(yes.... I was bored and wanting to take rage out at losing a ghillie suit and newly aquired AS50 ..... due to the glitch in 7.2 and... decided to have some fun vs simply killing people for gear I dont give a care about)

Edit 2: .... I just realized I never gave an alternative trap choice (the trap to set is either A.... ^^^^^^^^ ) or B... keep it in your backpack or in your inventory... so that when someone kills you and loots your body... ^^^^^^ happens =P go go 'killing from beyond the grave' ...and yeah.... ^_^ have fun ruining people's day!(blame it on rocket... or the Apocalypse! =P)

Edit3: in summary for those TL;DR lulz this patch for this MOD broke Arma2... MAD PROPS FOR <<<<!!!... there are soo many bugs/glitches/things but that is ALPHA for you... YAY TRAPS(not of the bear variety) AND... Good job, keep up the good work Rocket and Friends, CANT WAIT FOR BETA(or live lol)! ^_^

I've bought two copies of Arma already lol... so has my co-conspirator IRL friend lol.... our most anticipated game of... the YEAR/S (depending on how long you take =P )

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May God have mercy on the noobs.... Cause I sure as hell wont

Edited by tagg

i have tried 5 or 6 times now and can say that there i no longer any point trying to sneak, the zombies are going to spot you regardless now. completley destroyed what has made so many people addicted to this game, i suspect player number will drop over the coming weeks. id say fix it, but to be honest how the hell did you break it and not notice

I think its good and still SHIT.

Its really easy for zombies to hear you now, I can barely crouch trough a village even PRONE trough a village and I already get attacked from all the ways...

Its fucked in my oppinion.

Me and the whole Netsky community (netsky.org.uk) have been playing this and we all think its too hard now..