senz

First impression: This sucks.

Ok, so I just bought the games and spent hours setting up this game because it was rumored to be awesome, and after playing for about 20 minutes I don't really want to continue.

It's all blurry as hell (is it like this for everyone?) so I can barely see what's what, I can't seem to open doors, I found an axe but apparently that only chops trees or something, I couldn't figure out how to apply a bandage when I was bleeding from a zombie attack, everything just seems ridiculously overcomplicated and what's even the point of this game? The way I was described I imagined a game similar to STALKER and I have no problem with things being hard or anything but this isn't hard it's just boring.

I thought it was supposed to be realistic, so why can't I enter 90% of the buildings I come by? Surely I could have just broken a window with my flashlight or a rock if the door was locked? I can't even jump..

It seems like it's just a rather poorly constructed world filled with static props and the occasional item spawn, and of course a ton of zombie spawns. Is that all this game is? Just running around looking for items and staying away from zombies?

Ok' date=' so I just bought the games and spent hours setting up this game because it was rumored to be awesome, and after playing for about 20 minutes I don't really want to continue.

It's all blurry as hell (is it like this for everyone?) so I can barely see what's what, I can't seem to open doors, I found an axe but apparently that only chops trees or something, I couldn't figure out how to apply a bandage when I was bleeding from a zombie attack, everything just seems ridiculously overcomplicated and what's even the point of this game? The way I was described I imagined a game similar to STALKER and I have no problem with things being hard or anything but this isn't hard it's just boring.

I thought it was supposed to be realistic, so why can't I enter 90% of the buildings I come by? Surely I could have just broken a window with my flashlight or a rock if the door was locked? I can't even jump..

It seems like it's just a rather poorly constructed world filled with static props and the occasional item spawn, and of course a ton of zombie spawns. Is that all this game is? Just running around looking for items and staying away from zombies?

[/quote']

Yes. Now go back to CoD.

• Like 24

Ok' date=' so I just bought the games and spent hours setting up this game because it was rumored to be awesome, and after playing for about 20 minutes I don't really want to continue.

[/quote']

Yes. Now go back to CoD.

+1 pwned.

• Like 1

Is that all this game is? Just running around looking for items and staying away from zombies?

The answer is: Yes and no.

Yes the basic game is about lots of running around, looking for items and staying away from zombies (and players!).

No, the game can be so much more once you got the running around, looking for items and staying away from zombies all figured out.

Lol, your computer just isn't compatible for it, and honestly your not in the big cities, cherno, elektro, and stary sabor are nice loot places. Even Kamenko has loot places, your just in some random town. Also Balota and NE airfield are nice, the NW airfield is a PvP hotspot.

Honestly, I cannot run 20 mins in any direction (except the debug forest) without finding loot.

Try putting your settings on very low to try and fix the blurry effect, although if dayz gets ported to arma 3, idk how well your comp will hold out.

Its one of those games you need to watch other people play and learn from youtube. As for blurry ehat i had to do was play the regular arma 2 and adjust the settings from there. Not sure why but doing it insode the mod makes it weird and blurry. Also this is an alpha for the mod so many features have yet to be made

Mate DAYZ is a mod for arma 2;

- Doors and inventory are limited by ARMA 2 engine;

- I agree, inventory system is complicated to learn. Try some ARMA 2 single player missions to learn, it will help.

- I dont know how to use hatchet as a weapon too, but i use a FN FAL :D

- The mod is not meant to looks like STALKER ( i like stalker though).

- Turn off post processing effects (or something like that) in the graphics setting.

- Set your 3d resolution as the same (or higher) as your screen resolution.

• Like 3

Man, its more than running around looking for crap , join a group! The game will become more interesting :)

[/quote']

yep, thats pretty much it mate im affraid. dont listen to the others in this thread. they are just telling you what they want you to hear.

its about survival mate. its confusing ill give it that. if you want, invite me on steam and ill show you the ropes if you like

and sorry for others being less helpful

the forum is full of these types of people.

send me a pm if you want help

It was a bit boring for me the first day as well. I had to be de-programmed from the crap I had been playing for a while. This game is like taking off the training wheels of a bike that has a couple loose bolts. It's an alpha so there are issues, I've died from glitches plenty of times, but it's worth it to push forward.

After my friends joined me it became a thousand times better. Once, in a barn, I misjudged the edge, fell off and broke my leg. My old mentality was like "Take all my stuff, I'll just respawn" but I suggested something we hadn't done before; Hospital run. We all crawled all the way to Chernogorsk, dodging zombies while only crawling.

We made it, though one of us was trying to look down the edge of the building and fell off, dying. We looted his corpse, finished the hospital looting and made it out without alerting a single zombie. All without weapons on any of us. Crawling through a zombie infested city relying on the sounds and what little sight you have with so many buildings, knowing that you can't run away if you get caught is exhilarating. Getting sniped right when you get out, not so much.

But it didn't matter. We had a great adventure and we're still playing.

My point is, you have to deprogram your brain for this game. And having allies makes it much more interesting.

• Like 1

1. You can enter some buildings, not all.

2. You can open some doors, not all.

3. You use hatchet as a weapon by opening your inventory and right clicking the hatchet icon and clicking "remove from toolbelt"

4. you bandage yourself the same way by clicking bandage in your inventory and clicking bandage yourself from the box.

5. The game is blurry because your 3d resolution is set to different than your normal resolution. Put them to the same resolution and the blurryness will disappear.

6. There is no point to this game. It's a sandbox. Make your own fun.

• Like 1

Google the problem some people have the problem. u need to change something in ur settings i have to friends w the same prop and thy just had to adjust their grafik settings PS only seen this on nvidia cards

It's all blurry as hell (is it like this for everyone?) so I can barely see what's what' date='

[/quote']

Your 3D resolution and your screen resolution needs to be the same in options.

• Like 1

[/quote']

I want to thank you, on behalf of all Arma veterans, to have furthered the development of Arma3 and given more budget to Bohemia. Now you can go away and leave us alone.

• Like 4

Wow, many of you guys are just mean.. To everyone else, thanks for the tips and thanks for the offer to help me out, but I have some friends who play and I'm probably going to try playing for a bit with them before I decide whether to uninstall or not.

I don't get how you can possibly disagree on that this game needs some serious work though.. It's not exactly polished, I played for an hour or two after I made this thread and I can't really say I've found anything that's near the standards of most games and mods these days, except for maybe the environment. Seems to me like the devs should focus less on adding more features like dogs and whatever else they have planned, and more on making everything that's already here work properly.

It's all blurry as hell (is it like this for everyone?)

[/quote']

I'll try and be helpful.

1st the blurry is probably because it has defaulted to some stupidly low resolution, check that out, maybe try disabling post-process too.

2nd today is a very bad day to start playing, 1.7.2 hit today and its a major update with new net code etc... basically there is blood in the streets. So take my advice and chill for a couple of days until the major glitches get ironed out.

3rd yeah the mod is pretty basic in a lot of ways, this is because its a mod for one and its in early alpha for another. However there is still a lot of fun to be had as many of that ~500,000 players will tell you. If you're having hard time try reading guides etc or asking specific questions on the forum.

ITS. AN. ALPHA.

You ain't gonna get "polished" or anything even close, this isnt even on the level of a playable demo yet, we're just fortunate enough to play the mod as it is being created.

Yes, there are lots of bugs. Yes, it has an Everest of a learning curve. Yes, you need to watch some Let's Play videos and tutorials to help you out. Yes, the only story is the one you create yourself along the way.

But living a few days, teaming up with others, looting cities, camping and hunting... its just awesome fun. But if you arn't into it, don't force yourself to play it.

LMFAO!

Stick with it, you'll find it rewarding, unless you really like FPS games in which case your screwed!!

Next time your in game, find another player and ask them to help you out!!

Wow' date=' many of you guys are just mean.. To everyone else, thanks for the tips and thanks for the offer to help me out, but I have some friends who play and I'm probably going to try playing for a bit with them before I decide whether to uninstall or not.

I don't get how you can possibly disagree on that this game needs some serious work though.. It's not exactly polished, I played for an hour or two after I made this thread and I can't really say I've found anything that's near the standards of most games and mods these days, except for maybe the environment. Seems to me like the devs should focus less on adding more features like dogs and whatever else they have planned, and more on making everything that's already here work properly.

[/quote']

What you have to understand is that the game is ARMA and that DayZ is simply an alpha mod. It was never expected to asplode with so much popularity and alpha products should always be expected to be buggy as high hell.

For your graphics issues, I suggest looking up some ARMA 2 optimization guides. I had the blur initially as well, but you just have to do a bit of work under the hood and in the in-game video options.

Lastly, gameplay. It sounds like you may have made the mistake of giving into the hype - as many have and will! - and bought ARMA for DayZ without fully understanding what you were getting into. Now, unlucky me, I haven't even been able to play yet because the new update seems to have caused a boo-boo : D That being said, this is a sandbox mod, one that is designed to be particularly brutal. Those who will enjoy it most have patience, a desire to role-play, and buddies with whom to survive.

Good luck, and I hope we both end up enjoying what should be a pretty fun product, despite its many tarnished and broken features.

mmm guys guys, charge you're glasses; these tears are scrumptious!

You are just a noob, try to check tutorials on youtube before flaming the forum. (if your video settings aren't good, why don't you press escape then video settings to fix them ?

This is what happens when people buy ARMA just for DayZ, they think they are installing a CoD or Battlefield mod. BI is not a huge studio and as such the game has it's quirks. This game and it's mods are for people with patience, which you CLEARLY do not have. I can't see it's too blurry whaaaa! How about playing around with settings awhile till it looks how you want it too?