sirovai

No messages recieved for x seconds...

Hi,

I just started this mod yesterday and found it almost impossible to play.

When I could get on a server that wasnt overloaded, and start playing. I'd get the red broken chain link image almost straight away. It would come and go, but always, after around 5 mins it would stay and i'd get the message 'no messages recieved for..' until I got disconnected from the server.

There was only one time I stayed in game longer. I only join servers with green pings. I have an o2 router and have forwarded steamgames ports. I can play tribes ascend fine, with no connection issues.

Anyone else having this problem?

thanks

Yeah, for some reason ive gotten the red chain, and "no messages" thing every time ive been attacked by zeds :/

but now im stuck in the infernal limbo of "waiting for host response"....

I've only been able to play couple of times. All were about 20-30min before I got the no message received text. Now when I try to join the servers the chat window starts stating the same thing before it loads me to the game until I eventually lose connection.

the red chain means your connection to the server is poor

also when you get no message received and it eventually boots you it normally means the server is restarting

What about when the no message received isn't normal?

I've gotten it every time I play sooner or later. At worst I can't join any server at all because right before I connect the chat starts showing that message.

Last night I got hit with the "No message received for xx seconds" thing until I got disconnected. There were also a few spikes of red/yellow connection issues. Sometimes these things rear up...most of the time I've had no issues.