Sign in to follow this  
lookingeast

Dear Rocket, You succeeded

From a Rrezzed QnA

" I want the player to feel terrified, I want them to feel frustrated, I want them to quit for 20 minuets, I want them to go hhmmmmm you know what actually I might play that again "

I was in olsha, near NE airfield. I had recently found an M107. I was doing good. But I got careless. I ran through olsha shooting zed thinking " who else would be out this far? ". I was wrong. Two loud shots ring out and I fall over dead.

I don't rage. I get up quietly and go to bed. and the next day after work I take a deep breath and start again. It was awesome.

Rocket is the best thing that happened in the gaming industry since I played The Monkey Island using floppy disks on my PC XT running at 4.4Mhz.

P.s: And no, I'm not 100 years old.

I do the same thing. Spend 8-12 hours on one character, just to die in a careless fashion when I could have easily prevented my death. For example, there have been at least 2 occasions where I had the jump on a player. Instead of aiming and blowing their eyeball through their skull, I try to run away instead, so they may keep living their current life and I can live mine. Nope. They see me 3 seconds later and blow me away.

Valuable lesson learned: Fuck the world.

Other time have been just shooting zombies in the middle of a popular city, thinking "If anyone hears me, I'll just run!"

Doesn't work as intended when they have an automatic rifle.

Every time I get killed, I rage-quit, have a smoke, and then hop back on and get back at it.

Not only that, I laugh about how I died, usually I realize it was my fault that I died, and *every* time, I learn something new about what not to do.

Not only that but there have been times when things have got so intense that I have to log out and take a break, before I can go back to playing. This game is more intense than anything I've ever played and I'm 34 years old.

Also.. degrading zombies, linked maps at the borders, hundreds of players... omg this just keeps getting better and better! :D

Like he said, Rocket, you did it!

It only really hurts the first time you lose good gear. Once you detach yourself from your gear the game becomes truly enjoyable.

A second account helps too. I have a guy with a long life up north fully geared, and another guy that pretty much lives in Elektro.

It only really hurts the first time you lose good gear. Once you detach yourself from your gear the game becomes truly enjoyable.

A second account helps too. I have a guy with a long life up north fully geared' date=' and another guy that pretty much lives in Elektro.

[/quote']

Thats indeed a great idea, I mainly live in the north to keep my gear and sometimes I try to hunt bandits that live in the north, but I really miss the first hours of gameplay running around Elektro to find some start weapons and things before travelling to the north.

Since I dont have a second account, Ill try play that second way on some no cdkey servers wich arnt connected to the hive.

Gear is just an illusion, it just waits to vanish in a *boom*