gotima

Role-Play Start

Idea:

-Chose "Professions" or "Back story" wen creating a profile , just like wen we were able to chose the character's sex.

Why:

-I thought of this because I've read some threads like this one, and got many of my ideas from "Dead Frontier", but those thread always ask something (kinda) like this : "-soldier Start with a freaking minigun and endless bullets, -doctor-cures cancer just by winking at someone" and stuff like that.

>>My version<<

What Are The Professions Going To Do:

Add very minor pros and cons to everyone of them, so there isn't just one overpowered or useful "class".

Clothing Variants

-If possible make different clothing for the more important classes, that can be useful for seeing if someone is worth killing or not, examples:

#"oh, look, and engineer, i know this one car he can help me fix, better try to be friendly"

#"great, a medic, maybe he can help me heal this illness more quickly"

Inventory Changes:

Not much, possibly..:

-military style classes to spawn with random ammo, but no weapon,

-medical staff to spawn with a band-aid or other related item,

-engineer/mechanic with a toolbox

-etc.

..and so on, just very minor stuff that make sense having.

Bonuses:

[NOTE-yes, this might not be possible adding with the engine, but ,who knows.]

Without getting into too much detail, depending of the class and some minor pros and cons to balance every stat, example:

-Athlete- pro- +a% running speed con: +a% thirst speed

-Mechanic- pro- +b% vehicle repair speed con: ?

-Soldier- pro: +c% accuracy con: +d% Hunger

-etc.

I haven't thought of this that hard, because, you know.. its just an idea.

NOTES

-Like I said before, I know some of this isnt possible with the game's engine, but since DayZ might one day be it's own game, there is going to be more "freedom", I suppose.

-If you guy are interested in knowing were I got my ideas from and whats "Dead Frontier": http://deadfrontier.wikia.com/wiki/Professions

I took a long time to write and think about this thread so feel free to call me bad names and saying this suggestion is dumb by adding a reply below.

I think a game like this would be cool if it had stuff like this, but it would take other changes as well. I like the beginnings of this idea though.

This idea has been suggested so many times, I don't really see what this thread adds to the discussion.

Background Story: Bandit

Profession: Sniper

Teeheehe

No, actually the idea is pretty good. Reminds me of the Mount & Blade; Warband Character Creation.