Sign in to follow this  
Torothin

Game is the most fun at the very beginning?

After having a nuke dropped on me and then being teleported on and shot in the back in 1 day. I can honestly say that the most fun to be had is starting up and getting the gear you need to be able to live off the land. What about you? Discuss!

Indeed! I can't say im a big fan of crawling through cities, few meters from several zeds, but i do like the whole scavenging part.

I guess it's just the whole idea of giving myself a decent supply or ability to keep health, food and drinks closeby. After that, i like to hoard ammo and just kill loads of zeds or play with others, either friendly or hostile.

I live for the intense firefights between well armed and organized squads. Deathmatching on the bean coast and worrying about where the hell you're gonna find a box of matches or your next can of beans isn't my favorite part.

Although, finding a Heli Crash and getting the rush of badass loot is pretty awesome too.

Looting Stary Sober tents always get me a rush because there is almost always a hostile encounter.

I was kind of wondering this myself.

I've got an axe, matches, knife, water bottle and a sidearm.

I can live in the woods for as long I want really.

Not sure what to do now.....

I agree completely, and this feeling can be carried on much further with a few tweaks to water, food, and ammo spawns. Simply have less of them!

Less ammo means more conservation. Less food and water means more scavenging. Going beyond this, maybe decreasing ALICE pack spawns and increasing the spawns of those 10 slot Assault bags instead.

Make getting on your feet and ready to go live as a hermit a little harder. It's way too easy atm.

Make getting on your feet and ready to go live as a hermit a little harder. It's way too easy atm.

I wouldn't way it's too easy.. To do that, you do need several things, and the road to getting that stuff often leads to encounters, often hostile but sometimes friendly too. I think the spawns are kinda random sometimes (I just found a sniper, crossbow, enfield and shotgun in one barn.) But i still see the scavenging as something that takes time, and only gets easier when you have the rights tactics.

You really do need to find these tactics yourself though, as it can be hard to use another persons mindset and so on :D

Well 3 weeks ago people used to ask if you were friendly or not before shooting. These days that doesn't seem to be the case.

I had more fun when people didn't learn to just run thru towns with zeds trailing them

yup the game is the most fun in the start, after that youre just waiting for a bullet to your head...

It's very true. This is why you see a variety of threads calling for

a: More "endgame"

b: Making it harder to survive.

c: Less weapons and ammo.

In many ways Dayz is two separate games, the transition occurs when you have rare loot you wan to hang on to, Or you are tooled up with a gang of organised mates.

I made a post about some of the contradictions in Dayz some time ago: http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=15635

That has some interesting debate on the subject.

I like the beginning too, I used to only play mine craft in the first few days when you are trying to survive. Once I started building houses I got bored and would start from scratch.