sheephunter

A reason to LIVE!!

So I've kinda got the game figured out. I'm pretty well kitted out. AKM, a million rounds, 400+ kills under my belt....Now what? I'm basicly running around waiting to die.

I figured there needs to be a 'higher' purpose to all this. You can say 'survival, but if that was the case, I'm actually already self-sufficient with the stuff I collected...No need to venture near the dangerous places any more. I WIN!!!!!!!4!!!!

So 'what if' there was a way OFF the island? A settlement that is a group of players who are working to repair a ship/cargo plane/sub that will be the ultimate escape from the island? A REASON TO LIIIIIVE!!!!

THIS could be the reason for survivors to work together. Freshies wouldn't be accepted into the 'settlement' immediately...They must collect a certain amount of 'stuff' before they are accepted. Once in, they have a common goal. Firstly to collect the day to day stuff (food etc) for the camp...Plus trying to hunt down and gather scrap and parts that will be used to repair the 'escape vehicle'. Possibly some of those parts are so hard to get at due to hostiles, that it would take a large group to achieve it?

Maybe the Settlement needs to be guarded from Z's that swarm it from time to time? Maybe you get points/currency for the stuff you bring back to camp...Maybe you can use this to buy/trade better stuff?

Maybe your contributions to the final success or failure of the settlement is calculated during the course of the game...Plus points for items/food/weapons scavanged. Minus points for deaths, murders, etc.

Anyway....Just a random collection of thoughts towards fleshing the game out. Don't know if any of they are doable, or feasible, or interesting to anyone else, but you are welcome to my 2 cents.

Do something useful with your time, set up a medical clinic for dying players. Counter-Snipe bandits to protect the innocent. Hunt for food and give handouts. This is all for if you want to be good and you want to help the community become more than one big dogfight. If you wanna be a 'bandit' just go around killing people.

Firstly I think you should consider the game is still in Alpha. They're still going to add to the game but in time.

What you're suggesting is a way to "finish" the game... I don't think that would be a good idea. Have you thought about what would happen after you finish it? Nothing.

Just wait until the game receives more content, its a working progress be patient.

Join my group, I usually do Aus servers. I see no point in Random Death Matches, and instead seek to assist every person I come across.

I think a reason to live should be after staying alive for a certain amount of time, there's transportation arranged to take you to another "safe" place, which of course, in reality, is just another zombie infested map. That way, as opposed to having the option to pick at first, you have to prove you can survive for a certain amount of time or something on the Cheranus map. Of course, I'm just spit-balling an idea, this isn't necessarily a deeply thought out reply.

Also, you can always go back to Cheranus once you die, you've just unlocked another map; I simply resent the idea of things being handed to players, they should have to earn another map.

Edited by Jelly :KC: