Sign in to follow this  
wolfshagger

Cultivation in the wilderness, More content/ Realism?

Hey fellow survivors, this is my first ever post so I hope this works.

But getting to the point, we've all been on those 30 min runs from one end of the map with nothing to do apart from (if solo) talk to yourself and constantly check for survivors, or if you are with a partner talk about how you are looking gun x,y and z, and which girl you like at school/ college as you run non-stop through fields and fields.

My suggestion is to include some sort of new food sources, such as mushrooms, some sort of fishing ability (find a fishing rod? Craft said fishing rod?) to catch fish, maybe find berries that could give you a potential give you slight poisoning. ALSO hunt animals (I'm not sure if deer can be added) for the SOLE purpose of skinning them to provide some sort of cover/ clothing for you, or a friend or maybe even a vehicle to hide that BRILLIANTLY BRIGHT RED car in the middle of the woods. I don't know you guys tell me what you think.

Why do I feel this is a good idea? I believe that adding some sort of 'wilderness' food sources gives of a better impression of you trying to survive in a wild post apocalyptic setting. I feel that with these sorts of activities it would give you something to constantly so in the metagame instead of getting the best weapons getting bored then turn to extreme sniping pvp to get your kicks, you can constantly find things to do and also can give new spawns a chance to get supplies without having to be shot by a sniper in the middle of Cherno (given the right tools of course). Also I believe that extreme roleplayers may enjoy this alot, for example: You have a camping tent with you and your partner, but where do you set it up? On the corner of the map? No. You set up the camping tent next to an abundance of food and maybe theres a pond nearby. The purpose of the tent? Not to horde weapons but to provide a sense of home and sercurity whilst you are out hunting and fishing. Yes you may have a couple of weapons in it but only as spares.

Of course there are downsides to most ideas and the only downside I see is that it turns from DayZ - Zombie survival into DayZ - Deer hunting extreme season.

Thanks for spending the time to read this thread:)

Of course if you guys have any ideas to expand on this then feel free to throw them around :) Please could it be contructive feedback to whether it is a good concept idea or not and whether you would like to see all or even some of the ideas ingame.

• Like 2

I like the sound of other food sources, this could turn into something interesting and will add that little extra touch of survival/realism to the game.

I like these ideas; I'm hoping that features are eventually added that allow settling down and creating bases, clearing towns, surviving in the next degree, as it.

Problem is, as is often pointed out, the Arma II engine.

Can I just add I do like to role-play myself, so not only does it add a bit of realism/survivalism and add more content for people to do inside the wild plains of Chernarus but also it adds some fun as well in my opinion! What do you guys think?

"

Of course there are downsides to most ideas and the only downside I see is that it turns from DayZ - Zombie survival into DayZ - Deer hunting extreme season."

Tbh, having both of these in one mod would make my day. Also, Cherno is scary.