I_Guts_I

Embarrasing Death After a Week of Surviving

Sigh, after feeling accomplished for surviving a week and a half I die in the most embarrassing and unexpected death possible (for me). In realtime it probably came to about 35+ hours.

I was in the empty warehouse with two floors in stary sobor. I'm laying prone on the second floor being careful not to reveal myself to hostile players. When it happens. I ht the E key while prone on accident which makes me roll under the rails and off the walkway and leads to m death with 430 zombie kills and a long time surviving.

I would have at least been ok with dying while fighting off bandits or some massive horde dies or a sacrifice death, but me causing my own death with the press of a button.

I will be taking a break from this game for a litle bit after a long well lived life in chernarus.

So, am I alone with an embarrassing death like this or has anyone else shamefully died like me.

lol tough break. You learn to not fat-finger keys real quick in arma2 or else you'll be visiting that cold floor again. Don't quit! Besides, you'll be back in Chernarus - everyone comes back even after a huge upset. DAMN THIS ADDICTION..

I may have crashed a helicopter into a tree which lost my crew's hard work and effort in repairing/finding it. Keywords: May have - I admit to nothing.

Thus is life in Chernarus. I myself had a similar experience; here I was, Ak-74 with 7 mags, elite cyote full of supplies, map, compass, knife, ect. you get the picture. I was moving around elektro to meet up with my friend who just got the game, I made my way to the top floor of the building near the power plant so I could scope out the area better, then on my way down... lag spike... "crap"... side step off stairs accidentally... fall to my death... "FUUUUUUU"

Lol. That is truly embarrassing but funny. Way to survive for a week and a half!

My embarrassing death happened after logging out near the NE airstrip. I had survived for a reasonable amount of time with enough loot to feel satisfied and a tent to start the next stage of "survival."

Come the next day I logged in and spawned at Krutov Cap in the SE. Naturally, I was like WTF and sprinted for the sanctity of the woods knowing I could get capped any second out in the coastal openness. Anyone who is familiar with this area knows that the hills behind the railroad are very steep. So here I am scrambling up the mountain side desperate to escape the "slaughter zone." I get 5 meters up the slope, strafe to the side, and apparently ended up on a slope that was too steep to stand on. My character then proceeded to slide backwards and as soon as I snapped the mouse around to see where I was going BAM! a tree and I was dead instantly. Talk about a palm to forehead moment.

Ah I have been playing arma for years and had no idea the QE lean keys were what made you do prone rolls.

Bad luck accidently hitting it on top of a building though.

Btw I've fell through one of the 4 story apartments and surprisingly survived with around 5k blood leftover.

Getting stuck on that park bench thats inside the barracks of NW airfield.

Thats not a good thing if 15 zombies are chasing you.

You know when you use flares at night right. Then you don't remember that you got still flare selected in your hand and horde of zombies or some lonely bandit attacks and you just throw flare at them and die. That's embararrasing. Died like that at least once and many times got zombie bites before i could manage a gun in my hand again. Last night I found some friendly survivor and we went to a hospital. "lets brake the glass" and both throws a flare in the window. Laughted my ass off... This mod :heart:

Rebind Evasive left and right to Qx2 & Ex2 respectively and that won't happen. It will show red as it will conflict with lean left/right toggle but it does not matter as you can't lean when prone and can only roll when prone.

That reminds of how I almost fell of a building by pressing V

I also set that to Vx2, set V to VON. Far less annoying step over animation when I don't need to step over anything.

This might be embarrassing but it's not pointless. I admit that every mistake I've made in this game that was paid with blood has never been forgotten. You will never make that mistake again.... :D

You know when you use flares at night right. Then you don't remember that you got still flare selected in your hand and horde of zombies or some lonely bandit attacks and you just throw flare at them and die.

That happens to me ALL the frikkin time! You'd think I'd have learn something by now, but only now it's starting to sink in!

Sigh. I tried to climb the deerstand. Fell down without managing to enter it. Rinsed, repeated. Died.

I once died in a barn, I was on a hay inside the barn,1st floor pressing V towards the stairs to climb them, as I did I automagically got slain lol saying "You are dead" funny enough I hit respawn, loading my "new char" as I thought, voila, it was the same character, spawned in the same barn alive with all my units my body being there :D i'm glad it happened like that lol

After 4 days of survival, a record for me, I've experienced too much "alpha syndrome".

On day 1, I managed to get an AK 74 with a Kobra at the NW airfield. I found 9 magazines for it and various other supplies. I log out for the day to the east.

Day 2, I spawn on the coast of Elektro and have to kill 2 survivors on the docks of the town and get my bandit skin. I wonder the wasteland and gather supplies and scavenge with a few others.

Day 3, I log in and we get reports of a crashed chopper. Before we get to the crash site, my humanity finally gets back up to 2500 and my survivor skin comes back on, but my AK, ammo, and everything on my harness disappears. So now I've only got what was in my ALICE and my trusty 6 shooter. We make runs to various places for parts for the chopper, eventually finding an AKM with 2 mags. I log off again after the chopper is almost finished but was too dark to do anything useful.

Day 4, I once again spawn on the coast and make my way to the NE arifield. I get close and my friend spots some others there. He manages to kill one and seriously injure the other. I close in to finish him off as he covers me. I sneak up to the hanger where he is hiding and check the corner opposite of me, and the corner to the back. I see nothing except concrete and walls. I turn around to check to see if anyone is following, and I get shot by the guy in the hanger through a wall.

4 days wasted and several bugs experienced, only to be finished my BS.

I had just stocked up on a ton of gear in Cherno and was making my way out to head north. I saw a player in front and decided to sneak up on him and see whats up. He got real jumpy, turned around and shit me dead.

I'm too trusting :(

Well this didn't happen to me but to a mate of mine last week.

We were running from NW airfield to the NE airfield and he wanted to adjust his video settings. Instead of hitting "Options", he hit "Respawn" instead.

Luckily me and a 3rd person were around to collect the important gear but he had loads of DMR ammo. So we meet up near Berezhino and my mate found a DMR. So we take it upon ourselves to get back to his backpack ... Got nearly 1K there and the server got restarted lol

Second play session, first time playing at night. Ran off of a hill and died.

Stupid darkness.

Yes the respawn button needs a pop up confirmation window.

>See Menu

>Click Respawn

>Pop up window saying "Yes or No"

Today I died because I threw a chemlight at a bandits face.

Not that I was particularily fond of my AKM and the M24 in my backpack.

On the bright side, it probably gave the dude a good laugh.

Moral of the story? Press 'F'. Press 'F' a lot.

5 days in, 140 kills, best equipment I could find.

I had just earlier told somebody there was no reason to carry more than 3 bandages.

I bled out on the side of the highway.

The end.

Lmao bandit hunter. The irony gods got you.

My story sounds common after reading the rest. I threw a chemlight at a campy bandit instead of shooting him.