howichrgelazer

US 9 & US 10 Chicago | RageCageGaming.com - Server Donations & Discussion

Wish I had known that before I logged on to it, because the second I logged off, I lost everything in my backpack, primary/secondary weapon, nv goggles and range finder.

Wish I had known that before I logged on to it, because the second I logged off, I lost everything in my backpack, primary/secondary weapon, nv goggles and range finder.

lol, like you can't hop onto a different server and acquire this stuff in a matter of hours anyways... the game hasn't (for almost two months) and won't get my attention until stand alone.

if you'd donated and/or subscribed to this forum maybe this wouldn't be an issue?

Regards,

Bean Counter

Servers or server admins have no ability to delete the items in your backpack (only the triggered events can, like dying or picking up an item, etc.). That information is stored on the central master database. The servers haven't been shut down yet, but they will be very soon.

Edited by HowIChrgeLazer

Sancho and I have had a blast using your server. Thank you for running a quality, reliable veteran mode. We are now a group of three and plan to donate as soon as we can afford to do so. Keep up the great work and we'll see you in there. I hereby endorse your server.

if you'd donated and/or subscribed to this forum maybe this wouldn't be an issue?

Makes no sense.

Makes no sense.

Let me clarify for those (hopefully no others) that can't figure out what I was trying to say while clearly typing in a hurry...

If you had donated and/or subscribed (to at least know what was going to be happening with the servers) to this forum then maybe this wouldn't be an issue?

Sorry that the 'd threw you for a loop... I'm even more sorry that common sense is so lacking these days that it's like having a super power.

Regards,

Bean Counter

Due to the lack of support and donations, I will be taking down the servers within a few days. Please make sure all your belongings are moved off server. I'm sorry it had to come to this, but I can't continue to flip the bill on my own any longer.

I will look into supporting the standalone game in the future. It was a fun ride, and I know a lot of you called us home. Sorry we're packing it up. :(

Very sad to hear this, you ran fine servers.

I was just thinking of donating, as I have been playing on US9 & 10 regularly for the past 2 weeks or so. I would be willing to kick in $20 for your efforts, but I don't want to purchase a ticket on the Titanic, so if the deal is done or a foregone conclusion then I have to pass with thanks to you for your efforts. If there is a chance for a last-minute fundraiser to keep US9 & 10 online for at least another couple of months then consider me in for 20, just let me know here.

Edited by iegle

I appreciate the kind thoughts iegle. Unfortunately as of 2 hours ago, the servers have been officially shut down. If we get enough of a following in the future, I'll be glad to bring them back up. Perhaps stand-alone will bring in some extra people.

It was a fun ride everyone. Glad I could (along with some help) provide a quality atmosphere for the DayZ community.

Just because I'm shutting down the servers though, doesn't mean I'll be leaving the forums. I'll be here ;)

• Like 2

hi,

Sad to hear you shut down my home server :( . There's a while that I don't play DayZ very often but I always come back to play on US10 for one or two hours of fun. Thanks a lot for supporting the community and providing us a good place to play. Hope to see you when the standalone release. Good luck HowIChrgeLazer and thanks again for the server.

Some beans for you.

cya.

Nikiller.

Edited by Nikiller

Hey there everyone. Now that standalone is out, it's just a matter of waiting til we can setup private servers. We hope to provide a quality experience for you all once again.

Follow this post or at ragecagegaming.com for more info.  B)

Edited by HowIChrgeLazer

Lookin forward to that and meeting back up with some of you in the near future! Even now (by now I mean later in the day), if any of you want to meet up on an NA DayZ SA server, I'm game.

I haven't been really picking a particular server when playing. I actually moved around the time I took the servers offline, so I'm no longer in the midwest, I'm on the west coast. We'll still be running a DayZ server in Chicago though, so no need to worry about that.  :P

Normally we just join through each other steam (awesome that Rocket set it up to be Steam Auth'd) and get on mumble to team up. Although, right now we tend to stick to west coast servers, I don't mind playing on a more central server to compensate for everyone's location.

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/HowIChrgeLazer/

Mumble info and software download link is on our homepage: http://ragecagegaming.com/

Edited by HowIChrgeLazer