howichrgelazer

US 9 & US 10 Chicago | RageCageGaming.com - Server Donations & Discussion

I found a satchel charge in a tent on US 9 last ight and decided to use it but when I detonated it I was promptly battle eye kicked with some remote something or other rabble. It was the first and only time I have ever seen one of these in game I was just wondering if I was kicked die to the possibility it was not a legit item left behind by some inglorious evil doer?

I found a satchel charge in a tent on US 9 last ight and decided to use it but when I detonated it I was promptly battle eye kicked with some remote something or other rabble. It was the first and only time I have ever seen one of these in game I was just wondering if I was kicked die to the possibility it was not a legit item left behind by some inglorious evil doer?

nope there's a tent on US 9 that has a satchel charge, been raiding it and bringing back to my server thats 2.4 :)

• Like 1

Just got off of US 9 a moment ago (~8:45pm MST). Was on Skalisty Island at the huey that needed repairs. I had teammates coming so I was about to get started on repairs when 2 bandits came on the scene, both carrying hatchets for primaries. After a little running around, and getting shot at by an M1911 pistol, I smoked 1 with an M4A1 SD, ran out of ammo, and got the other with an M9SD after chasing him down a hill. He didn't Alt-F4, so kudos to him for that. I got the name of both bandits and checked their bodies. They had plenty of gear, including satchels, NVGs, rangefinders, etc., but no primaries except for hatchets. At this time, I checked the player list and both players were not on the server. After taking some food/drinks, and re-checking around the heli for any of their friends, I buried the bodies and headed around the house back to the heli to continue repairs. I returned to the heli that had been there about a minute ago and it was no longer there; it had been despawned. I checked the player list again, and sure enough, both players were back on the server. Both myself and my teammates that were on the server immediately D/Ced, sensing a script-kiddie rage attack. I have the names of the players, but no screenshots or evidence that they're skiddies, so I won't list their names here. If the server admin wants them for the logs, I'll be glad to give them to you.

Just got off of US 9 a moment ago (~8:45pm MST). Was on Skalisty Island at the huey that needed repairs. I had teammates coming so I was about to get started on repairs when 2 bandits came on the scene, both carrying hatchets for primaries. After a little running around, and getting shot at by an M1911 pistol, I smoked 1 with an M4A1 SD, ran out of ammo, and got the other with an M9SD after chasing him down a hill. He didn't Alt-F4, so kudos to him for that. I got the name of both bandits and checked their bodies. They had plenty of gear, including satchels, NVGs, rangefinders, etc., but no primaries except for hatchets. At this time, I checked the player list and both players were not on the server. After taking some food/drinks, and re-checking around the heli for any of their friends, I buried the bodies and headed around the house back to the heli to continue repairs. I returned to the heli that had been there about a minute ago and it was no longer there; it had been despawned. I checked the player list again, and sure enough, both players were back on the server. Both myself and my teammates that were on the server immediately D/Ced, sensing a script-kiddie rage attack. I have the names of the players, but no screenshots or evidence that they're skiddies, so I won't list their names here. If the server admin wants them for the logs, I'll be glad to give them to you.

The Huey shouldnt have been there, I ran out of fuel with it a min after leaving the island to try to refuel and if I'm correct it takes a week for a vehicle to respawn.

Btw it was an epic crash landing that we both survived lol

Edited by Haggard

The Huey shouldnt have been there, I ran out of fuel with it a min after leaving the island to try to refuel and if I'm correct it takes a week for a vehicle to respawn.

Btw it was an epic crash landing that we both survived lol

Actually, the Hueys have been respawning in their original state after every server restart on most servers, whether they had crashed or not. My team has had several helis crash, and be there at the next restart several times (not US 9 or 10 though). We did have a heli save through a server restart a couple of days ago on another server, so the hive may be getting better with them. Anyway, this particular heli was there, I killed the 2 players, and then it despawned. Seemed kind of fishy to me. I actually came back to the server about 30-40 minutes later to check if the heli respawned, and wound up killing one of the same guys again. He was a survivor this time, with a shotgun and most survivor gear...again

At about this same time yesterday, me and two friends were hidden in some bushes near Komarovo, we were about 50m apart from each other. Then we noticed that in a time span of less than 1 min about half a dozen players got killed. One of my friends reported hearing footsteps very close to him and getting 1-shot killed right away. Right after that my other buddy started getting shot at and got killed. Since they were quite hidden and far enough apart to be not so easily ambushed in such a short notice, I took the coward's way (or perhaps wise if the suspicion was true) :-) and D/Ced, sensing that I was about to be the next in line to unexpectedly buy the farm. That was about 10h30pm EDT.

Then one of my friends respawned in Three Valleys and started the run back to try to retrieve his gear. In the way he passed by one of our tents to grab food and drink, and noticed our vehicle was not there anymore (we had left it there before venturing out, less than 2 hours before). He moved on, in the meantime the server pop had reduced quite a bit (fell to less than half of the almost 20 it had before people started getting killed more frequently). When he was about 2 clicks away from where he died, everyone on the server died at the same time. It was about 11pm EDT. Respawned in Cherno, switched to US 10 to avoid yet another insta-death, retrieved gear successfully :-( phew

The first deaths could very well be just tough luck (wrong place, wrong time), but the second ones were certainly not.

Edited by shalafi

Actually, the Hueys have been respawning in their original state after every server restart on most servers, whether they had crashed or not. My team has had several helis crash, and be there at the next restart several times (not US 9 or 10 though). We did have a heli save through a server restart a couple of days ago on another server, so the hive may be getting better with them. Anyway, this particular heli was there, I killed the 2 players, and then it despawned. Seemed kind of fishy to me. I actually came back to the server about 30-40 minutes later to check if the heli respawned, and wound up killing one of the same guys again. He was a survivor this time, with a shotgun and most survivor gear...again

So even if u save the huey it just reverts back to the island after a server restart?

So even if u save the huey it just reverts back to the island after a server restart?

That's what was happening when the helis were first brought back into the game, just check some threads here in the forums on that issue. 2 days ago, we fixed one on another server, flew it around, got it refueled, then flew back to the island for the server restart, expecting the heli to be back in its original state. We were pleasantly surprised to find it where we had landed it in the condition we saved it. I can't speak for 9 & 10, but that server appears to be working correctly now. If it's a hive update, one could assume that the helis save correctly across all servers now. I stopped by this morning to see if the heli I saw yesterday was back, and it was, so it looks like they respawn at server reset, and not after 7 days as before.

Haggard, glad to meet you and your bud in game. After we dropped you off up north, we headded back down in the heli to save it and wait for the server restart. Unfortunately, the heli didn't save and it was back at its original spawn point in it original condition (broken). Apparently, 10 isn't saving the helis properly and just resets them with each server restart.

Is US 9 down or is it just me?

It should be up. The server software crashed (had to deal with the beta patch).

I also updated the servers to beta 96493.

Edited by HowIChrgeLazer

Haggard, glad to meet you and your bud in game. After we dropped you off up north, we headded back down in the heli to save it and wait for the server restart. Unfortunately, the heli didn't save and it was back at its original spawn point in it original condition (broken). Apparently, 10 isn't saving the helis properly and just resets them with each server restart.

Yeah it was good coincidence for me that I ran into ya in game and got a lift. We searched around but never found a vehicle. My buddy was killed up there though after coming across a large camp with tents flattened.

Maybe we will run into each other again on US9 or 10 again.

I was just on US 10 and had a dude combat log on me after he pulled all the zombies in the Stary Sobor military camp into my tent. I was looting the furthest south tent when I heard gunfire nearby, so I went prone and waited. He kept firing nearby and most of the zombies in the area were aggroing. I see a guy run past the door of the tent in a ghillie suit, then he comes back a second later so I open up on him. He got me with his AKM and, while I'm unconscious, he goes prone right in front of my face - bleeding out - and disappears. All the zombies he aggro'd come into the tent and proceed to go Country Buffet style on my unconscious ass.

This happened at approximately 5:00 PM Mountain - ten or so minutes ago.

Servers have been updated to Beta 96584. I'll also look into keeping an eye on your report Danegerzone.

Edited by HowIChrgeLazer

US 9 seems to have gotten stuck on the middle of the last restart (not really timing out, but stuck on a "Creating" status for the mission)... Regards

Edit: Server is back... had not noticed this before, but US 9 seems to be taking about 1h to finish the restart cycle and create the Dayz mission. Perhaps it is something with 1.7.2.5?

Edited by shalafi

Servers are updated to DayZ 1.7.2.6 and to the latest beta version (96751). Sorry for the delay.

EDIT: Looks like there's a bug with mission not loading.

Edited by HowIChrgeLazer
  • Like 1

Still down for me... Will update when I get a connection

Time for some fun setting up a camp without the worry that my tents will disappear and same with vehicals.

Saw your post about mission loading... I will now be patient. I already jump the gun and lost all my gear...

Edit: us 9 is back up.

Edited by Calvin Sonnik

love the constantly good frame rates i get from US 10 and the frequent restarts to keep it running clean. hope it comes back soon.

Edited by Lag

I wonder if that is what US 10's state is right now, locked up with the hive. The last ppl connected before it restarted earlier today still show up in the lobby (DayZCommander) but the server is timing out...

Due to the lack of support and donations, I will be taking down the servers within a few days. Please make sure all your belongings are moved off server. I'm sorry it had to come to this, but I can't continue to flip the bill on my own any longer.

I will look into supporting the standalone game in the future. It was a fun ride, and I know a lot of you called us home. Sorry we're packing it up. :(