JinxX

Most shocking thing you've seen.

-Something we did and while it seems a little harsh it was actually pretty funny-

A buddy on TS lets us know he's picked up a straggler survivor after the guy was getting chased by Zeds. He had defended the guy from the attack, bandaged and blood packed him and was keeping him in tow for the meetup. We let him know we'll meet him at the T leading into Elektro from Pusta. Me and two other bandits rush to the building overwatching the T and as they approach we gun down the survivor. Our buddy was mad at first and then seeing the LOL Factor cracked up and we then looted the body for some pretty good gear.

-Something we did and while it seems a little harsh it was actually pretty funny-

....guess u had to be there

I was walking in some forest, and suddenly I reached the end of the map. I found the northern star, I turned 180 degrees and started walking south, to reach the coast. Suddenly, I saw a lot of names and persons standing in the forest. I shot them all, because I thought it was some clan that was AFK or something. (It was night in-game, and I didn't see jack shit, literally. That was when I noticed I had reached bugforest. Their inventories were completely empty. Suddenly, I saw someone standing next to a tree. I walked up to him, and noticed that he held something.

I thought I was just hallucinating, but it actually looked like a M4A1. I hesitated for a bit, and thought "Should I really sho- He moved. I have never been so scared. All of a sudden, he just stuck his gun up my face. It had been quiet and pitch black for like 20 minutes, and all of a sudden he just moves. What was he doing there? He was standing in a forest, pitch black, aiming into a hill, with a M4A1.. As soon as he moved, I fired 8 rounds of Makarov power into his forehead in panic.

I fucking screamed. I looted his corpse, and found EVERYTHING possible. M4A1 HOLOGRAPHIC, M1911, both with a hell lot of ammo, and a 24-slot backpack(coyote). I found a map, compass, watch, hunting knife, binoculars..

Sorry for the weirdly written text, I am still shaken up..

Incredibly shocking..

20 Walkers chasing him.

Yeah' date=' that oxymoron needs to be sorted out. Not every farmer in Chernarus was an olympic runner.

[hr']

Its KOS with bandits. I got my skin from self defense. So now it only keeps going down... down...

I once saw a bandit running from Nory Sobor to Stary, I had my CZ sniper rifle to watch the, what i think was 15 zombies chasing him. He was a bandit, and I wanted those zeds out from the area, so I allowed them to chase him till they got half way between the two villages.

I shot the bandit in the leg (took 3 shots but I managed to hit him) He fell to the ground and quickly eaten. The zeds just stayed around so I popped a few before looting him.

I once saw a bandit running from Nory Sobor to Stary' date=' I had my CZ sniper rifle to watch the, what i think was 15 zombies chasing him. He was a bandit, and I wanted those zeds out from the area, so I allowed them to chase him till they got half way between the two villages.

I shot the bandit in the leg (took 3 shots but I managed to hit him) He fell to the ground and quickly eaten. The zeds just stayed around so I popped a few before looting him.

[/quote']

Oh man I can't wait to do this to a bandit. This sounds so fun and messed up to watch damn bandits deserve it.

The bandit threat is exaggerated. They like to play up their reputation on the forums and in chat because smacktalk is part of the whole bandit thing, and fear and distrust make them stronger. The truth is bandits are around 10% of the population, and being unable to work together outside of the occasional small group, inherently weak. I help people all the time and rarely get shot. These horror stories are isolated incidents, and although shocking backstabbing is fairly common, the story where the guy doesn't turn around and shoot his saviour is even more common.

The most shocking thing ive seen would be something I did myself

Luring 6 new players to chern hotel only to take them all out with my CZ and leave without looting anything.

I made my way into a city (which later turned out to be Elecktro) and was wandering around looking for loot.

I saw a guy run into a house with a conga-line of zombs behind him, so I said to him via text that I would come and help him. I legged it down to the house, and put some rounds into the zombs that were around him, and entered the house I'd seen him go into. I couldn't find him, so presumed he'd gone out the back door and ran whilst I was making noise and causing a distraction.

I made my way into a building that was on three floors, and found the corridors littered with dead zombies, and at one end the body of a Survivor. Looked to me that he had got his back to the wall fighting, and eventually succumbed to their numbers.

I found a lot of loot in that building, food, water, bandages and ammo.

I got to the roof, and looked out to (what I later found out was the hospital) and saw a guy on the roof shooting some zombies below. I texted out to him with the usual "Hey, guy on roof, you need some help?" He stopped firing, and I saw him look at me, so I knew he knew I was here. I asked him if he wanted some supplies, as I'd gotten loads from where I was. He said he'd have some if I could spare any, and we agreed that I would come over to him, and he would cover me as I ran across the road to where he was.

I ran over there, and as I got near, a bunch of zombs came at me from the bottom of the ladder. He typed to me warning of them being there, (bit late by then) but I killed them and went to climb the ladder.

Just as I got to the ladder, someone shot at me, and I dived away around a corner to bandage myself. I typed WTF??? to him, and he asked what was up. I said someone had shot me, and he replied he'd not heard any shots fired. Feeling like it could be a trap, I climbed up to meet him anyway.

When I reached the top with him, he suddenly died, and collapsed on the ledge next to me. I hit the deck again and said "What the hell just happened?" He didn't know what I was on about. "You just died dude!"

"No I didn't, I'm still alive!" he said. Turns out, this guy I was talking to was on a different roof, and not even the bloke I was looking at!

Oddly though, when I looted the body of the guy who died in front of me, I saw another body at the bottom of the ladder. He had a map and other choice bits of kit. I wonder if he was the person who shot at me originally? Tried to chase me up the ladder but somehow died. Doesn't explain how the guy at the top died though, didn't see any blood or hear gunshots.

Oddly though' date=' when I looted the body of the guy who died in front of me, I saw another body at the bottom of the ladder. He had a map and other choice bits of kit. I wonder if he was the person who shot at me originally? Tried to chase me up the ladder but somehow died. Doesn't explain how the guy at the top died though, didn't see any blood or hear gunshots.

[/quote']

That's hilarious, if I had to say anything I think the guy below shot up at you and then the guy above you, then he tried to climb the ladder somehow after you and fell off it and died. At least you survived huh.

I was travelling somewhere in the northern region when I spot a small town' date=' before deciding to check it out and try to find some Food (Starving of course.)

Standing on the tree line before this long stretch of clearing leading to the town I pull out my binoculars and take a peek into the town for a good five minutes my standard rules before heading into a town to sneak in and out.

About two minutes in I hear gunshots then see a Survivor running out of the town with a horde of at least 20 Walkers chasing him. He makes it a good half a mile out before he gets knocked down.

My instincts to help him where kicking in but I stopped myself as this amazing guy comes running out of NOWHERE and shoots all the zeds down with his Winchester then proceeds to save this poor fellow on the ground.

He patches the poor fellow that was downed up and waits nearby for him to get up and recover. The guy does, he gets up and as soon as this Hero turns his back to him all I see was this guy aim up his Makarov and shoot him twice.

The hero goes down, I get up and start sprinting full speed to see if I can help this hero and shoot the now Bandit down.

He was dead :( I thought saving someones life was seen as something that would create a bond between the two players. Some players are so screwed up.

Needless to say I took as much of his stuff as I could and tried to find him speaking to him on the chat I ran into him again somewhere near Elektro and gave him the stuff and some extra supplies I could spare, helped him get his bearings we stuck together for a while.

[/quote']

If this was near Sosnovka on an Australian server, the 'bandit' was me. The real reason is that the guy took my only chance of survival, by stealing some food I was trying to collect. I had no food left and was in the red. I asked him for some food, and he sprinted off, running north in to Sosnovka, idiotically causing all of the zombies to follow him.

I slowly followed him in to Sosnovka, where he continued to aggro every zombie in sight. Moving around along the north, I took my winchester and killed a lot of them. Then, when I changed to my pistol, I only had 3 rounds left. Exasperated that this survivor was going to get me killed, I put my 3 shots in to him. The zombies did not aggro me, so I looted his body.

It was probably not the same situation, but it does sound awfully familiar.

I haven't played for very long. But so far I've seen the strangest things. And been in some intense situations.

I decided to leave the coast and head north, I only had basic gear like the Makarov. I had recently consumed my last drop of water, I found a lake after perhaps 15 minutes of running. I noticed 2-3 buildings further up the road and I was desperate to find food and more supplies generally.

As I was carefully sneaking into the yard, something felt wrong. There was not a single zombie walking around, complete silence. I proceeded to walk past the stables and go for the main building.

The entrance had at least twenty dead zombies, I just told myself that whoever managed to do this, is probably far away by now. Slowly walking past the corpses, I see even more zombie corpses next to the back door. I walk past the rooms and found some supplies, and a new gun as well.

When I walk outside the front entrance, I begin to walk further up the road. But I quickly stop and freeze when I spot another player, he had been hiding in the bushes all along.

But to my surprise we just looked at each other, he proceeds to stand up and not say a word and continues.

The fact that he didn't kill me and loot my items surprised me, he could had shot me if he wanted, but didn't.

Excuse me for my mediocre writing skills.

I set up about 200 meters out NW of the NE airfield with my CZ ranged in and everything.. had 6 items of food and 8 items of water with 10 CZ mags!!.. Sat there for 4 FUCKING HOURS!!! (Reading a book at my desk).. Not a single person, 50 people on a server and no one went to the airfield.. I looted it 6 times that night.. which took another 2 hrs.. not a single person.. 6 hrs and no one even showed up.. I started to wonder if this was real life or if a bandit was set up in the town below me killing everyone before they got the airfield.. but that shit just doesn't happen.. or does it?

I was in Chern with a CZ, laying prone and waiting to bandit slam someone with better gear. A player ran up in the distance and he had no real gear. I saluted and he decided to come up and join me, not knowing my intent. Just then, another guy runs up from the distance with a zed behind him. I take aim and bring down the zombie. He stands below and salutes his thanks. As he does, 15 zombies come screaming out of the woodwork and begin to chase him. I start firing at the zombies as he makes the mistake of dashing into a shack. I hear screaming as I'm pumping round after round into the zombies, trying to protect this guy while my other tower buddy is unloading his pistol into their backs. Abruptly, the screaming stops. My friend and I clean up the remaining zombies from the doorway and I begin to climb down my little ladder. And I take a pistol round in the head from my " friend" above me. Sad pandas :(

And I take a pistol round in the head from my " friend" above me. Sad pandas :(

Thats a way to go, being generous and helpful in this game always hurts. But as for me not being a bandit I feel so good after doing it.

Even when I regret it immediately thanks to that person I helped being selfish and me being too selfless. Lately I've started to let that take me over I keep being number 2 for trying to work with strangers.

Just recently I shot at a survivor (Though I was in every right) for circling the building my friend was in with a silenced pistol.

Forgot to set my zoning though and the bullet missed entirely, he took off into the woods after hearing it and kept typing friendly. I told him to go or the next one wouldn't miss haha he took my bluff.

At the moment stuck in the middle of nowhere with three bullets total and just one food and drink which we barely managed to get after fighting a horde of zombies. Tis Bad :[

A buddy on TS lets us know he's picked up a straggler survivor after the guy was getting chased by Zeds. He had defended the guy from the attack' date=' bandaged and blood packed him and was keeping him in tow for the meetup. We let him know we'll meet him at the T leading into Elektro from Pusta. Me and two other bandits rush to the building overwatching the T and as they approach we gun down the survivor. Our buddy was mad at first and then seeing the LOL Factor cracked up and we then looted the body for some pretty good gear.

[/quote']

Agree with raze. That's not only unfunny but a great example of the mindless nastiness of some people.

Some great accounts of in game action here. Every game you play is very different, thats the great thing about this game. Its the reason i cant wait to get back online after work. New tales to be told (good/bad/scary/shocking) after every game.

Not been playing for very long, but my most shocking experience came in one of my first games, when i knew know better. I was crouched in cover just outside Berezino just as the sun was going down. I suddenly heard what sounded like running so i stood up and witnessed a player being chased by around 7/8 zombies. I ran out of cover and started gunning the zombies down. Together we took them out and, as i was typing a message to this guy, he shot me dead. I had noticed that this guy's clothing looked different (bandit), but i did not know what that meant as it was one of my first games. In a way, im glad i encountered this in one of my first games, i learned the 'do's' and 'dont's' very quickly