Sign in to follow this  
SharpEyeHodgey

Single Player Please!

I found alot of people talking about a Single player mode for this, they had the download and everything but you had to have an older version of DayZ, it was like 1.5 or something. I cannot find that version anywhere online so i cannot play. I LOVE this game but i am just sick of spending hours online when servers are low so there is less chance of a random shit dick shooting me in the back while im in gear. I have never been killed by a zombie, it has always been a person which is quite annoying because the main enemy are the infected. This would be much more enjoyable if you could release a SP download. Its frustrating and making the game less enjoyable when you spend over 10 hours finding all the tools like, map, knife, hatchet, toolbox, binocs and than getting shot in the back by someone

Day Z is specifically about the player interaction. Whether that interaction be friendly or not is 100% dependent on the player. I could dig around a bit for the exact quote, but basically this game is designed around the fact that you can always learn how to out-smart an AI, but you can't always outsmart a player who's capable of adopting new strategies on the fly.

The more gear you have, the bigger target you are. The longer you're in the game, the closer you are to your death.

You want to have your cake and eat it too. DayZ isn't really that kind of game.

I am beginning to love banditry.I entered Cherno last night and heard gun shots and seen %%% was killed etc.I then played the game very realistically by every corner I met I would scan rooflines and doorways before advancing.I got to a supermarket,grabbed what I needed(and by accident a nicer looking smaller backpack)and then did same to leave the city.It gives a real feel of what a terrible development like this would bring.Desperate people doing crazy things.

Ok I first agree with a single player option. A couple thoughts on this.

Due to certain things, lets just say it cheats, that anything done in single player mode is NOT effected/added/changed to a online mode player.

Second I think they are more worried about getting the game up and running first lol

The single player mod works up to 1.7.0

That said, I've played it. It gets boring *verrrrry* quickly.

(especially since you can just spawn stuff using a cheat menu)

Maybe if there were ai bandits or something..

The only real use I've found for it is when you want to get an idea of the layout of an area, without worrying about being exposed.

(or when you don't have Internet for some reason, I suppose)