isoterik

BattleEye Script Detection

so, idk if i need to run BEC on my computer like i run RCON.... or do i install it to the actual server i am renting??

You can do either. I recommend installing it on the server, that way it can continue running even when you're away from the computer.

What is needed:

I think if someone could build a log parser for this as well as a server_console.log to assist admins in checking logs, it would be amazing.

What is needed:

I think if someone could build a log parser for this as well as a server_console.log to assist admins in checking logs, it would be amazing.

I actually made something like this a while ago, organized entire file into username categories, with each script organized chronologically under the user who ran it.

I actually made something like this a while ago, organized entire file into username categories, with each script organized chronologically under the user who ran it.

Yeah something like this in a web API where you just "upload" your log file and it spits out a parsed web page with details would be an amazing tool!

You can do either. I recommend installing it on the server, that way it can continue running even when you're away from the computer.

How do you run it on your own computer? I was under the impression from reading the site and install guide that it will only work on the dedicated server it's running on. I have a managed slot server so can't install it so if I can get it running on my home PC that would be awesome.

Your scripts.txt is massively bloated.

You do not need 10 mi17 lines, nor EVERY addweaponcargo/addbackpackcargo line either...

You also have lots of other double-ups.

e.g.:

5 TT650C

5 TT650_Base

5 TT650_Civ

5 TT650_Gue

5 TT650_Ins

Instead, just use

5 TT650

5 mi17

5 addweaponcargo [

5 addweaponcargo[

5 addbackpackcargo [

5 addbackpackcargo[

5 bmp2

etc

saves a lot of wasted lines....

Also, do not put "5 hmmwv" in there either as it it used in a death animation from vehicles. People will be getting kicked for this.

Please test your scripts.txt before you go distributing it to people with even less knowledge of how it works...

Edited by cm.

You do not need 10 mi17 lines, nor EVERY addweaponcargo/addbackpackcargo line either...

e.g.:

5 TT650C

5 TT650_Base

5 TT650_Civ

5 TT650_Gue

5 TT650_Ins

Instead, just use

5 TT650

5 mi17

5 addweaponcargo [

5 addweaponcargo[

5 addbackpackcargo [

5 addbackpackcargo[

5 bmp2

etc

Also, do not put "5 hmmwv" in there either as it it used in a death animation from vehicles. People will be getting kicked for this.

Please test your scripts.txt before you go distributing it to people with even less knowledge of how it works...

first of thanks informing about thoose things. I allready spoke with iso that there may be some of thoose commands wich may cause problems.

he started testing on thoose a bit. but he is not home the next days.

dont complain about distribution. he didnt tell you that its free of issues. he asked for help that some guys can test it for him.

most people are happy to have any help here.

so if you also want to help can u tell us how u did know that "5 hmmwv" is a part of a death animation ? and maybe u know exactly wich part it is ?

would be good to know how we could get information about where some of thoose commands may be issued with ingame codes.

do you have another script wich u use ? that we may compare them.

thanks in advance

greetz

kabs

Loving the effort put into this.

Spreading the word to the admin of the server I'm on. B)

+1 Beans and a bump.

Yes i have a very extensive scripts.txt that I use. I will not distribute it however as that will render it completely worthless except for weapon classnames.

from memory, the command comes under something like "kia_hmmwv_driver" which is an animation that is triggered when dying in a vehicle.

instead, just use

1 hmmwv

which will allow you to see when illegitamte hmmwv's are being spawned and disregard all the animation changes.

If you use a parser, you will be able to filter all those out anyway so it won't make a huge difference.

A lot of the time the only way to be sure a script block in battleye will not affect legitmate users is by testing with a "1" first.

If you look through and find that the line is not being triggered, you can change it to a "5" and test again. I generally test script changes on 1 server before rolling it out to the rest of them. Some things I just know are illegitmate, e.g. the famous ammo.sqf - didn't even bother to test that one.

Edited by cm.

I will not distribute it however as that will render it completely worthless except for weapon classnames.

sry what ?

sry what ?

Kabs, I am with you.

I find it very sad to see how little server admin's help each other in this community. I am new to Arma via DayZ, so I am not sure if it is DayZ community or the Arma community as whole. I actually have a feeling its the Arma community as we whole.

At least this thread started out as a way for use to ban together and share information. That is a good sign to me.

Ski

Edited by Ski
  • Like 1

i'D love to see a basic offical tutorial or at least hints on how to maintain a server concerning anti-cheat

from memory, the command comes under something like "kia_hmmwv_driver" which is an animation that is triggered when dying in a vehicle.

thanks for the feedback i will take a look at it.

Unfortunately this has done me no good. I send the hack detections to DayZ via support ticket and the same hackers keep coming back.

I can ban them or I'll get blacklisted :(

Unfortunately this has done me no good. I send the hack detections to DayZ via support ticket and the same hackers keep coming back.

Honestly, ban them.

Is there a list of what all the script detection #'s are. I keep getting booted from my server for #49

I can['t] ban them or I'll get blacklisted :(

False. You can ban all the hackers you want, as long as you submit the evidence to the DayZ team.

e.g.:

5 TT650C

5 TT650_Base

5 TT650_Civ

5 TT650_Gue

5 TT650_Ins

Instead, just use

5 TT650

5 mi17

5 addweaponcargo [

5 addweaponcargo[

5 addbackpackcargo [

5 addbackpackcargo[

5 bmp2

etc

after i have read your post and the one you have made later about that if ppl get killed in a vehicle they would get kicked. so after i have tested exact that case with my buddy and he nor me got kicked! so i think there is something wrong what you have in your "own" scripts.txt.

Kabs, I am with you.

I find it very sad to see how little server admin's help each other in this community. I am new to Arma via DayZ, so I am not sure if it is DayZ community or the Arma community as whole. I actually have a feeling its the Arma community as we whole.

At least this thread started out as a way for use to ban together and share information. That is a good sign to me.

Ski

i dont even see any reason that he dont share his script.... thats why i am really confused by his sentence ^^

even wonder about that thing with the death animation since iso tested it and nothing gone mad as he said...

well mate this script doesnt give you a 100% of safety to hackers. There are still some of them knowing bypasses to the battleeye script detection.... whatever it still gives most of thoose wich try and fail with bypass and noob hackers a kick/log/ban. however you should watch carefully with banning guys unless u have the proof send from the logs.

with all thoose left bypass hackers we all can only count on battleeye hoping theyre getting better safety with their own product xp

Is there a list of what all the script detection #'s are. I keep getting booted from my server for #49

well there isnt a total list of what you can add to be detected. as you can see in this thread most admins use different scripts and dont want to share them since whatever mad reason ^^

dont know what this should have to do with you gettin booted from you server Oo

Edited by Kabs

This is the reason we don't share our scripts file.

1) The more people who get hold of the file, the more chance it has of being released to the public. Once it is released to the public it becomes easy to circumvent

2) Many admins do not know how to setup basic server security. This is not always their fault, as the info on the BI community wiki is a bit vague in some areas. The scripts file can be downloaded directly to a persons computer on an ill-configured server thus again becomes easy to circumvent.

I am happy to help with other queries, however obviously our own servers come first.

after i have read your post and the one you have made later about that if ppl get killed in a vehicle they would get kicked. so after i have tested exact that case with my buddy and he nor me got kicked! so i think there is something wrong what you have in your "own" scripts.txt.

True. might be related to death from a helo then. Either way, people will definitely get kicked legitimately if you add that line to your files. Might have changed since they removed choppers.

Edited by cm.

This is the reason we don't share our scripts file.

1) The more people who get hold of the file, the more chance it has of being released to the public. Once it is released to the public it becomes easy to circumvent

2) Many admins do not know how to setup basic server security. This is not always their fault, as the info on the BI community wiki is a bit vague in some areas. The scripts file can be downloaded directly to a persons computer on an ill-configured server thus again becomes easy to circumvent.

I am happy to help with other queries, however obviously our own servers come first.

True. might be related to death from a helo then. Either way, people will definitely get kicked legitimately if you add that line to your files. Might have changed since they removed choppers.

i will test the helo thing when i got more time, im out now for some days again. and the cirumvent thing: everything in the scripts.txt gets only detected when the "cheater/s" is/are not smart enough to use an undetected bypass, and bypass stuff can only be detected from BE itselfe when its known. the most scripts use the same commands even when they arent equal in the code they must use for specific things the same commands, so it doesnt make sense to hide what you have in your scripts.txt. but i think not to exchange the knowledge is the wrong way, cause the ones who make their scripts do so!

i will test the helo thing when i got more time, im out now for some days again. and the cirumvent thing: everything in the scripts.txt gets only detected when the "cheater/s" is/are not smart enough to use an undetected bypass, and bypass stuff can only be detected from BE itselfe when its known. the most scripts use the same commands even when they arent equal in the code they must use for specific things the same commands, so it doesnt make sense to hide what you have in your scripts.txt. but i think not to exchange the knowledge is the wrong way, cause the ones who make their scripts do so!

Not really,

We can detect non-public scripts and have added them to our servers list.

Not really,

We can detect non-public scripts and have added them to our servers list.

well mate you way of thinking about this is really a bit crazy...

the most what u call non-public scripts are thoose wich are first off used by like 2-5% of hackers, most of them dont run that good since most of them just test scripts from low knowledge hackers. And you really think if you share them with US they will directly invent something new from it running better and will be used ? pathetic...

if they are not just noobs as i said u wouldnt even see thoose (underground scripts lol) detected or whatever plattform you get them from.. since pros allways bypass battleeye ;)

we also have sources were we can add a lot unusual scripts from for sure since there much guys testing new stuff but fail with it...

so your (my pleasures...) gollum like doing is really a bit funny ^^

whatever its still your decision if you chare them to help others. i prefer to do so instead gettin paranoid over such a little threatening.

i doubt that.... next time you complain about ppl sharing stuff have issues make sure you are sure that is issued.... and dont come with maybe in the after....

tested and nothing happen, shooting the driver out or get the vehicle to explode. nothing happens. as Kabs said, better be 100% sure then just maybe ;) feedback is always welcome. i test the stuff im doing before uploading it here, when i got no problems due the testing its good to go.

eh, dunno what causes it then, it's obviously something else.

Either way people will get kicked if you use it. Not many mind you so it's up to you whether to use it or not.