Sign in to follow this  
petermann2

Beta Patch - Why?

Hello fellow survivors,

I read some threads about how to download/install the latest beta patches for ArmA II but I never found an answer on what's the advantage of having the latest beta patch installed.

I bought ArmA II + Operation Arrowhead via Steam. As far as I know, Steam does not apply the latest beta patch automatically, right?

And I am playing DayZ via Six Launcher, which does not download the beta patches either.

But still I am able to play DayZ without any problems.

So what are these beta patches all about? What do I need them for? What are the advantages of manually installing the beta patches? :)

Greetings

Aranthir

If I was told correctly, going to a server which requires the Beta patch will make Six Launcher download the Beta.

Read the changelogs of the Beta pacthes to get an idea of what comes out in each on. There are performance tweaks, items not dropping in water tweaks, etc etc

With the six launcher, select server , verify and away you go..six launcher will download only the NEEDED files to join server, simple as :) You can swap between betas, dayz alpha patches etc in seconds and be in game.

So what are these beta patches all about? What do I need them for? What are the advantages of manually installing the beta patches? :)

Bohemia Interactive has a quite long tradition of letting their customers participate in testing the different build cycles between versions. These are the beta versions, even if the game itself is technically out of beta. Its a beta of the next update to come, namely 1.61. BIS has fixed several issues that are geared towards this mod (but ofc beneftis the game and other mods as well), this is why using the beta version is mandatory for this mod.

Direct Comm. (Local voice chat.)

Night tweaking.

Bars for your ammo in your bags. (Handy!)

Holding the 'I' key down shows the server you are in.

And various other tweaks and features. But mainly Direct Comm.