Sign in to follow this  
reoisasa

Long Term Goal For Tents (and other forms of semi-permanent habitation)

Hey, Great job with everything first of all. It is amazing to see the progress that this mod makes every couple of hours. It definitely shows how dedicated the dev team really is. I speak for the players when I say we appreciate it.

I was simply wondering what the long range plans were for the camping tents? Currently, if I am understanding correctly, they are bound to the individual servers, not the players, which causes them to be useless if the server restarts or updates or a player wants to join another server.

In the future do you hope to:

1. Have tent data saved to the character?

2. Make it so that tents become more of a residence for a player (maybe a well rested bonus or something?) as well as a more reliable place to store item?

3. Make tents the source of spawn-points for characters? (either one spawn per tent or unlimited?)

4. Show the inventory status of the tent i.e. give it a menu similar to the backpack so that we can see how much room is left?

5. Include more types of tents than the old ratty pup tent (I saw images of more camping style 4-man tents in the promo)? Would these just hold more items? What would the reason for wanting a better tent?

These are just some questions. If no plan has been made, perhaps use these and other user comments below to begin planning a long term Tent plan. By all means, give me whatever you have. Just because I have asked about it does not mean I am expecting it or even desire it, they are simply ideas. Great Mod, Great Reliable work, just trying to piece together the vision the dev has in mind.

Tbh, Persistence should have been the #1 priority before adding in any other things.

Once persistence is working 100%, they should add all the neato things.

Having a place to put things you found, some kind of "camp", is right up there in getting persistence to 100%.

I'd like to see ways of buildings being claimed and made habitable and even defensible. Of course it shouldnt be east at all with a lot of requirements and time and effort required. But that makes it feel very zombie survivalish

Since we can't have anything remotely similar to 24/7 habitation like in real life, I think it might be cool to have AI guards or something of the sort to secure and defend your territory. The game already has an incredibly robust AI system, so it would take almost no effort to implement. Probably would cause too many problems in the long run, but it is interesting to consider in the scope of the mod's design,