Sign in to follow this  
axewound

Cannot update to 1.7.1.5 to save my life. Please help!!

I am about ready to jump out of my window. I've tried the sixloader and worrom's updater tool, as well as manually copying and pasting the updated files to the folder. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I will be forever indebted to you. Thanks in advance!!

Have you got the Beta installed?

Apart from that i just copy and install the files manually.

weird. The six updater works fine here but i know some people have issues with it. I dont see how manual is failing unless you are putting the files in the wrong folder ? ( Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@DayZ\Addons ) all dayz files should be in the addons folder.

Are you trying to join servers that have the beta patch and you are vanilla 1.7.1.5 ? I know all of the above may be basic but it is generally the basics that we overlook :)

What is the error you are getting ?

I've been able to join games when i go through the sixlauncher. However, when i launch dayz through steam it still says 1.6.** on the bottom right and when i try to join a current server (through steam) is says cannot join server - bad version. I've tried the Arma2_OA_Build_94444 several times. The past couple times it has said "wrong cd key" and then goes along with the extraction and says something like "successfully installed 1.60". What the hell am i doing wrong? Maybe I'll just reinstall everything from scratch. :(

Thanks for your help, guys.

Just reinstalled everything from scratch and i'm still in the same boat. Son of a...