I'm starting a weekly series in which I bust various different myths found in DayZ, or ARMA 2 in general. If anyone has some myths they want me to bust, just reply to this thread. Or if you have any feedback on the series as a whole, again, just leave it below! Thanks!

DayZ Mythbusters — Episode 6:

The other episodes can be found in this playlist:

Beans are also appreciated, I love beans!

Edited by PsiSyndicate
  • Like 41

Bad music but great video.

However, I can live with the music, at least it's not death metal, dubstep, trash core or nu metal or emo this or whatever these kids are listening to nowdays.

• Like 1

Bad music but great video.

However' date=' I can live with the music, at least it's not death metal, dubstep, trash core or nu metal or emo this or whatever these kids are listening to nowdays.

[/quote']

I actually streamed for 2 hours asking what people liked. I just wanted something which wasn't going to exclude people from watching it all together. I just wanted something which did that and felt upbeat. It was a hard choice, but any feedback is appreciated.

• Like 1

Quick question, and I know answering this honestly might bring you some heat, but was everything you found legit? And if so, why would you waste a chopper in DayZ?!

Otherwise, great video. Can't wait for more. Also, glad to see I now have a use for smoke grenades.

(Also: inb4"FOR SCIENCE!")

Quick question' date=' and I know answering this honestly might bring you some heat, but was everything you found legit? And if so, why would you waste a chopper in DayZ?!

Otherwise, great video. Can't wait for more. Also, glad to see I now have a use for smoke grenades.

[/quote']

I think it was all done in Singleplayer, it has a built in item list

I have one, but I already busted it.

Falling from any height will break legs/kill you every time. I have a special little technique for some very specific circumstances involving places that if you get caught by zombies while weaponless, all is not lost. Desperation and curiosity can save your life.

Quick question' date=' and I know answering this honestly might bring you some heat, but was everything you found legit? And if so, why would you waste a chopper in DayZ?!

[/quote']

All of the myths but one was recorded using the SP file for DayZ, it's not longer public.

All of the myths but one was recorded using the SP file for DayZ' date=' it's not longer public.

[/quote']

Ah. Right then. Thought you might be on that or using a private server of some sort. Either way, I really don't care as long as it's not H4X on the actual DayZ server.

Like I said, though. Can't wait for the next video.

I have one' date=' but I already busted it.

Falling from any height will break legs/kill you every time.

[/quote']

I can tell you right now this is a myth. As an example a gas tank. I usual go up to fill my jerry cans later i jump down to run away fast from the zombies. or the schools second small roof in the school. none of this makes me break my legs.

Using the m24 will not give you a double kill. Try a sniper rifle with a higher caliber and velocity. Might give different results.

Using the m24 will not give you a double kill. Try a sniper rifle with a higher caliber and velocity. Might give different results.

I tired the AS50 too, same result.

zeds do agro from direct voip...

i was in an apt the other night n one survivor on the roof yelled at me then all the zeds came rushing in, shortly we both died

testing things w/ zeds is somewhat sketchy, since they are broken in many ways.

1.7.1.5 ?

94444 ?

gj on the vid

Some audio roadbumps, but good testing and a good video. Would like to see more.

Some people think it's a myth that can impacts can send other players into shock (they can). I've heard they can also knock other players unconscious, but am not sure how.

Is it true that different bullet impact locations on the body do different amounts of damage? Does a zombie take 2 makarov bullets to the chest but three to the toe? What about players?

Does hitting a cow hurt your car? What about zombies? Rabbits?

Can the Ural really take down every kind of tree without taking any damage at all?

Can you reload the gun on a Huey?

These are some things my mates and I are puzzled about. I've heard both sides of them on these forums; they could make good myths for testing.

zeds do agro from direct voip...

i was in an apt the other night n one survivor on the roof yelled at me then all the zeds came rushing in' date=' shortly we both died

testing things w/ zeds is somewhat sketchy, since they are broken in many ways.

1.7.1.5 ?

94444 ?

gj on the vid

[/quote']

Yeah, I was, are you sure that wasn't just LoS?

Some audio roadbumps' date=' but good testing and a good video. Would like to see more.

Some people think it's a myth that can impacts can send other players into shock (they can). I've heard they can also knock other players unconscious, but am not sure how.

Is it true that different bullet impact locations on the body do different amounts of damage? Does a zombie take 2 makarov bullets to the chest but three to the toe? What about players?

Does hitting a cow hurt your car? What about zombies? Rabbits?

Can the Ural really take down every kind of tree without taking any damage at all?

Can you reload the gun on a Huey?

These are some things my mates and I are puzzled about. I've heard both sides of them on these forums; they could make good myths for testing.

[/quote']

Thanks for those few myths, I'm actually surprised by the lack of people sending them in despite the small message at the end, I've had like 2 by email. I guess we will just have to think of most by our self again for episode 2.

I tired the AS50 too' date=' same result.

[/quote']

tonight i killed 2 people with 1 shot from the AS50...so maybe it works not on zombies...but you can kill 2 player

Thanks for those few myths' date=' I'm actually surprised by the lack of people sending them in despite the small message at the end, I've had like 2 by email. I guess we will just have to think of most by our self again for episode 2.

[/quote']

Don't get discouraged. I really liked the video - it was really well made. You will only be flooded with myths once the series gets insanely popular, most people only watch and don't bother to think of any myths on their own.

I actually loved the audio for it. You picked something that isn't too intrusive so the viewer can focus on the myths themselves. I would encourage you to pick something similar that is electronic and calming.

I will think of some myths for the next few hours and post them in the thread when I am less busy. Keep up the good work! I look forward to seeing more episodes.

• Like 3

Thanks for those few myths' date=' I'm actually surprised by the lack of people sending them in despite the small message at the end, I've had like 2 by email. I guess we will just have to think of most by our self again for episode 2.

[/quote']

Don't get discouraged. I really liked the video - it was really well made. You will only be flooded with myths once the series gets insanely popular, most people only watch and don't bother to think of any myths on their own.

I actually loved the audio for it. You picked something that isn't too intrusive so the viewer can focus on the myths themselves. I would encourage you to pick something similar that is electronic and calming.

I will think of some myths for the next few hours and post them in the thread when I am less busy. Keep up the good work! I look forward to seeing more episodes.

Thanks, I'm really unsure about the audio, lots of people say it's awful, but then lots of people say they like it. I think if I just swapped the eating for drinking, it should be fine.

Some people can't appreciate anything that isn't in their musical wheelhouse.

I liked the music, but I like all types of music. It was good for background without being distracting or taking away from the subject matter.

I have to comment on your 'loot dropped in water' 'BUSTED' conclusion, though.

If the water is deeper, and you can't reach the bottom while standing, you cannot get the gear. There is no 'swim down' in Arma.

I lost a lot of stuff that way once at the boat house on Skalisty. It has a demonic ladder. When you climb down it, it leaves you so that you slowly drop into the water and it's pretty deep. My stuff was on the bottom there, and I could see it, but as the water was not extremely shallow as in your video, I could not get it.

Great concept, though, great video and the production values were impressive!

Some people can't appreciate anything that isn't in their musical wheelhouse.

I liked the music' date=' but I like all types of music. It was good for background without being distracting or taking away from the subject matter.

I have to comment on your 'loot dropped in water' 'BUSTED' conclusion, though.

If the water is deeper, and you can't reach the bottom while standing, you cannot get the gear. There is no 'swim down' in Arma.

I lost a lot of stuff that way once at the boat house on Skalisty. It has a demonic ladder. When you climb down it, it leaves you so that you slowly drop into the water and it's pretty deep. My stuff was on the bottom there, and I could see it, but as the water was not extremely shallow as in your video, I could not get it.

Great concept, though, great video and the production values were impressive!

[/quote']

Yeah, the music isn't perfect for everyone, but there's not much you can do.

I know you can't swim, but I think some people thought you literally couldn't loot the stuff you can see, I was essentially just proving that.