Sign in to follow this  
lthomasen@gmail.com

LU64 banning people for vehicle hoarding

As title says, this server has banned our whole group after the admin dicovered our vehicles (about 10 of them) hidden.

He felt it was good enough a reason to ban us, as he saw us come back online later on, for vehicle hoarding.

We now have no way to recover what little they probably dident rip from our camps, which is probably nothing as he has been having a lot longer now that we can get on to stop him and hes grp.

Stuff like this is killing the game experience.

Admin is Tix92, would like to get in contact with the admin on some friendly terms and discuss he's logic on this.

http://arma2.swec.se/server/data/242988

Its still not a bannable offense. They (probably) got those vehicles fair and square.

I can see where you come from - but as there are no rules on this i cant see anything wrong with it. Its our way to feel we exceel in a game where zombies are becomming too easy to handle.

Clearly they were not hidden so well that noone would ever find them and steal them.

As was the case.

Let me also quickly add that, one of our member got banned for server hopping, which is abit too harsh of a punishment in this case, and were blamed for cheating acquiring these vehicles.

please let me also say that as an admin you have a responsibility to behave accordingly and give reasonable punishment no matter what relationship between players and you, dont pick any side.

Sincerely Gosha

I can see where you come from - but as there are no rules on this i cant see anything wrong with it. Its our way to feel we exceel in a game where zombies are becomming too easy to handle.

Clearly they were not hidden so well that noone would ever find them and steal them.

As was the case.

I guess.

We had 2 vehicles for our grp and one of my grp saw the red lada and was like 'let's get it' but I told him no cos it's unfair to others. We don't need to prove with a carpark that we are good at a game. But I guess that's opinion vs. opinion.

I wouldn't ban for it tho but I sure as hell would camp the carpark to kill the owners :cool:

10 out of 14 vehicles on a server? Smells like a script to me. Any group running around searching the map with any kind of organisation would be lucky to find 4-5 of them.

Most of em were simply stolen from other camps.

Nothing illegal has been going on there, when you got 6-7 people playing togeather stuff gets gathered up quickly.

most of them got stolen back and some we even followed until they parked and then picked it up, its a big map and everything but some places to stash camp is just pretty damn obvious, we had alot of luck, not a script nor any other cheat.

I'm having over 30 vehicles on my server O.o . Only 14 for you? Did you waste all of them? They should have respawned with last Database Cleanup.

there are alot more vehicles, but many of them spawn in the coastal cities which gives them approximately no time whatsoever before someone comes blowing them up before anyone gets a chance to repair it :p

10 Vehicles a script? Are you kidding? Either you're terrible at the game or your group doesn't search for vehicles. Our group has about 6-8 people and we have virtually all the unique vehicles plus a bunch of ATVs. That is to say we do now. Within a week who knows how many will have been stolen or blown up.

Banning for hoarding vehicles is a terrible reason and there is no way it should be allowed. If the vehicles were off the map, then they should just have their position reset. If not then of course it's a valid way to play the game - it's not like you can never find them - as is obviously the case as THE ADMIN FOUND THEM. If they don't use the vehicles they get reset anyway. So stop with the butthurt.

who said we were butthurt? he destroyed the vehicles he didnt want and took the others and then he banned us. he stole the cars which doesnt matter, you win some you loose but cant do either when your banned.

I can see where the admin is coming from but it still shouldn't merit a kick/ban, even if they are allowed to kick for this type of thing (which they aren't) it is a cheap thing to do. As long as the vehicles we're acquired legitimately it should be a non-issue.

Sounds like another case of "butthurt admin"

There are only like 14 active vehicles per server. So you guys having 10 of em is killing the game experience aswell imo.

10 out of 14 vehicles on a server? Smells like a script to me. Any group running around searching the map with any kind of organisation would be lucky to find 4-5 of them.

Are you jokers serious?

My 3 friends and I, mostly new to the game, found on a single server in the past ~5 days: 1 Land Rover, 1 URAL, 2 Offroad Pickups, 2 ATVs, 2 Bicycles, 2 Motorcycles, 1 Yellow Hatchback, 1 Red Sedan, 1 UAZ, 1 S1203 Van, 2 Tractors and a Small Fishing Boat.

Also in touch with a rival clan on the server and they confirmed ownership of a VS3 Civilian truck, at least 1 Bicycle, 1 Tractor and another Offroad Pickup.

14 vehicles per server! Must be using a script! Where the fuck did you even pull that number, besides straight out of your ass?

Jackasses.