This is getting a bit frustrating. For the second time this week I have spent alot of the day making my way North, only to log back in and find myself on the beach.

I know it was something to do with the latest patch, is there any news on fixing it?

I think by design players will spawn near the south and have to work there way towards the North.

It used to be only on the coast however now you can spawn a little further in land if my reading is correct!

You respawn close to the coast. Did you log in to find yourself on the beach? Or are you fed up with all the spawns being on the coast? As CopperBarron said, the coastal spawn areas is part of the game design. Heading North is supposed to be a challenge, an unforgiving and unfair one.

@Lexi: I beleive he is saying he works his way north thinking that he is saved up north, but then logs in back at the beach negating all his hard work getting north.

This only happened a few time's to me when servers weren't saving data even when it said unsaved: false. I usually judge the server by the number of zombies. If it's above 500 everything should be fine. Anything less and the server either doesn't have loot or I start getting connection issues and other thing's like what your talking about. Not sure the cause so...meh anyway..it does suck, but it is an alpha as well so get used to thing's not being how you'd expect them to be...:P

edit: @Ratszo: ahh thats what he was talking about...wasn't sure hehe. Good thing I started today with a fresh start.

There was a database problem, and some players had to be reset to the beach, according to the rumor i heard. As always, this is an alpha.

Additionally, it doesn't take *that* long to make it all the way north.

This is just getting flat out aggravating now. For the THIRD time, in 4 days, I've logged in to spawn back on the beach.

Twice I made my way north of the NW airfield, this time, I only traveled about 10 minutes expecting the same thing to happen, which it did.

Again I ask, has there been any news on fixing this bug? It's a rather large one, seeing as how you can't even venture out knowing it's a waste of time.

I know the database was reset, but I figured it was a one time thing.

Welcome to what an Alpha is. Stuff like this happens unfortunately. I don't think its a bug more that something came up on the database side and it had to be reset. Probably due to the huge amount of players joining.

Just got to grit your teeth and bare sorry man.